Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

41 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think the season will finish anytime soon so I think its only fair they keep the window shut until its done like usual.

I generally do think they should just null and void the season at this rate though, more important things than trying to reschedule multiple football leagues eventually. It would probably throw up a lot of problems too that would have to be resolved though and undoubtedly some clubs who are in promotion places in other leagues, CL places, title winning positions will probably object to it but I think to keep delaying the season is just going to be a repeated process at this rate. The date was originally start of April, then 30th of April IIRC, fuck knows what it is now. In Scotland theyve delayed it again to June 10th. 

I mean if they reschedule it and we get started in say 2, 3 or even 4 months (or whatever period), the teams are undoubtedbly going to need 4-6 weeks to get their players fit again because theres no way through this they can build or maintain suitable/relevant match fitness. Before you know it its the summer or beyond and that pushes the transfer window out, the Euros out and whatever else. Just null and void the lot. Start again in August if its good to do so from the beginning. 

The transfer window when it happens, it is going to be pretty dull in comparison to what people think it will be. The big players wont move for huge fees but some clubs will definitely need to move some players on because of the hit theyll have taken through this. I wonder if this may lower some of the prices in the transfer market, although youd think some will still refuse to sell unless price X or Y is met but the likes of the Valencia's, Sevilla's, Monaco's, Dortmund's, Ajax's, clubs you'd maybe associate more as selling clubs may be even more desperate to make deals now. Valencia already had 30-40m debt they had to clear to be inline with FFP. There will be others too. Dont know what the state of play is going to be with FFP now though.

In my opinion the position that everything is now in and at present no real light at the end of the tunnel currently (I believe we are at 4 -6 weeks away from this lockdown being scaled down and that's being optimistic and when people's lives and livelihoods are in jeopardy I don't think it paints football or any sport in a good light if they try to commence any time soon), I believe they would be much better served to plan properly for next season than cramming in this season and next before the Euro's next summer. If they're not careful, there will be essentially one and a third seasons plus an international tournament back to back with little or no rest.

I would bring Leeds and West Brom up and not relegate anyone for a 22 team league next season. The season could be started a couple of weeks earlier (assuming things have cleared up by then to allow this) to accommodate another 4 games to teams schedules or the Carabao Cup doesn't include Prem teams or possibly just teams in Europe to avoid fixture congestion. If the leagues down the pyramid need to do the same to next season in order to keep numbers as usual then that's fine. However next season you have five teams relegated and three promoted to revert back to a 20 team league.

I believe with an international tournament at the end of the season, it is more important to get next year right for clubs, leagues and players than this one.

Just been thinking about Athlti's financial situation and the £50m they owe us for Morata (which is water tight - unless Fifa fu*k about with the rules.) If they cannot pay, we may be able to use it as leverage to get Oblak. What does everyone else think? 

On 4/14/2020 at 10:30 AM, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It's from Daily Express. Enough for me to ignore it. 

Philippe Coutinho 'wants to join Chelsea', according to Mundo Deportivo, who also suggest Barcelona are keen on signing N'Golo Kante.

Philippe Coutinho's wants to return to the Premier League and Chelsea are his preferred choice. (MD) #CFC

32 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Hard pass on Coutinho he is slow, lazy, inconsistent, and almost 28 yrs old.  

I'd take him. He has something to prove after his Barca spell. If he can emulate the form he showed at Liverpool, we will have a player on our hands. It never hurts to have that kind of quality in the squad too for the younger players to learn from and look up to in training. 

40 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'd take him. He has something to prove after his Barca spell. If he can emulate the form he showed at Liverpool, we will have a player on our hands. It never hurts to have that kind of quality in the squad too for the younger players to learn from and look up to in training. 

Personally i won't touch him even with a discounted price.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Not sure if Coutinho is even proving anything at Bayern...

28 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Everyone who follows Chelsea knows that we are pretty good at hiding targets until it is almost done deal. So 99% of all rumors are total BS.

I thought Piet De Visser left? 

Anyhow he is a good scout. He was the one that spotted KDB and help bring him to Chelsea.

Straight Outta Cobham

Abramovich To Pounce in Transfer Market + A Tribute To Peter 'The Cat' Bonetti

This week, our Chelsea panel are flanked by former winger Clive Walker, as they pay tribute to legendary goalkeeper Peter Bonetti. And Liam reveals why the transfer window (whenever it actually opens) may allow the club to really flex their financial muscles again.

https://theathletic.com/podcast/139-straight-outta-cobham/?episode=22

The game (per the podcast above) that saved us from selling players before Roman took over. Jesper Grønkjær's goal was one of the biggest in team history, and deffo his most important.

Classic match: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool

Jesper Gronkjaer was the Blues' hero in a final-day battle for fourth place and Champions League football in 2002/03

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/861392

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

The game (per the podcast above) that saved us from selling players before Roman took over. Jesper Grønkjær's goal was one of the biggest in team history, and deffo his most important.

Jesper Gronkjaer was the Blues' hero in a final-day battle for fourth place and Champions League football in 2002/03

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/861392

That goal will always be a great moment in Chelsea's history considering everything since but christ was Gronkjaer rubbish.

People moaning about Willian's consistency need to watch a few matches of Gronkjaer!