Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Zahavi is very close to Roman. We have a great chance here. I doubt Real or Barca will make a move for him.

Great player, however I think it depends on what we want to do in other positions. If we do go for a Sancho type signing, then could we afford him or would we go for someone like Telles at £25m instead? Wages with Alaba would also be super high. Over a 4 year contract Alaba would likely cost something like 2.5× what Telles would. Obviously, he is the better player but I just do not see us spending so much more on him when Telles is available on the cheap and we have serious issues with goals and need to address that.

Alaba would be something like £50-60m plus £190-220k a week, whilst Telles would be £25m plus £90-110k a week.

21 hours ago, King Kante said:

Great player, however I think it depends on what we want to do in other positions. If we do go for a Sancho type signing, then could we afford him or would we go for someone like Telles at £25m instead? Wages with Alaba would also be super high. Over a 4 year contract Alaba would likely cost something like 2.5× what Telles would. Obviously, he is the better player but I just do not see us spending so much more on him when Telles is available on the cheap and we have serious issues with goals and need to address that.

Alaba would be something like £50-60m plus £190-220k a week, whilst Telles would be £25m plus £90-110k a week.

Yet we will end up with Chilwell -_-

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yet we will end up with Chilwell -_-

If we sign Chilwell for anything over £35m I would be fuming. Average player. Only reason I would even go to £35m is due to his passport which should protect his value somewhat. 

However, I do not put much stock into this link as Goal are just rehashing former links as it is obvious we are going for a LB. However, with his cost Telles, Alaba should be far higher up the list.

Further, I am pretty sure Maatsen has been given some assurances about pathways as I do not see him signing a 5 year contract unless that was the case. Buying a Telles or a Alaba does not really cause issues like a Chilwell does, as they are both 27/28ish, so he could easily do 2-3 years of LB2 or loans before expecting to be LB1.

Personally, I am of the opinion that next seasons our four FB's will be: James, Dave, Telles, Maatsen, as that gives another academy player a chance, while also providing Dave with a utility role that means he will still get a decent amount of minutes (RB2/LB2/CB4/5.) 

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Err.. what? he is bang average and would be expensive too. If we are looking for a DM then we should go all-out for Partey not someone like Rice or Soumare.

Agree, I am not a huge fan either. When it comes to CM/DM, I'd rather any of Nditi, SMS, Partey or even giving a chance to Ampadu.

That said, I have always had a feeling that we could end up making a move for Rice. The reason I say this is due to him being a former academy player and I can see the club seeing him in a similar way that Barca saw Cesc for years before they signed him. 

If we sign Chilwell at all I'd be disappointed. 

Not buying the rumor at all. Just recycled rubbish given there is nothing to report. Declan Rice is a funny one. Can toss that one with the Carroll, Tarkowski, Wilson, and Lascelles rumors :lol:

The fact we avoided panic buys in January, and made a deal with Ajax that has every club in Europe jealous of this transaction, has me believing our board (with hopefully Cech's influence) have learned to allocate our resources that actually upgrades the team and not stalls it. 

8 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Err.. what? he is bang average and would be expensive too. If we are looking for a DM then we should go all-out for Partey not someone like Rice or Soumare.

Partey would be a top buy. Felt that he was oustanding in both legs v Liverpool and in the La Liga games Ive seen in the last few season, has probably been one of Atleticos most consistent player bar Oblak for a few seasons now.

Okay he is seen primarily as a destroyer but he has more to his game, able to see forward, play short or long passes on both feet very comfortably and has got physicality and endurance.

Arsenal want him apparently too wouldnt want to see him go there but again we also have N'Golo which maybe would mean we would look for somebody younger in that mould to grow into the team.

Dont see the hype on Declan Rice, hes average, okay he can play CM and CB but for the value for money would be along the lines of Liverpool signing Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll for me.

Hasnt impressed me at all this season with the ball, just looks a very ordinary footballer and always seems to want to play safe. Okay hes a holding player, can do the dirty side which is good but even under no pressure when West Ham have the initiative in games, he goes sideways or safe a lot with his passes. Maybe its part of their way of playing but again I doubt it as even under Pellegrini who played more openly more offensive minded he still played very safe a lot. 

A lot of this is just lazy journalism I would say. Rice and Mason are mates, theyve played for England and youth teams, we are looking to use young English/homegrown players and Rice has been linked with United as well. There was no talk of us wanting him in January either..... we didnt get the lad from Lille so why didnt we try for Rice? If we were geniuenly interested surely we would of? 

On 3/23/2020 at 0:29 AM, King Kante said:

Alaba's contract maybe be 2.5 times as expensive as Telles's but he is 1000 times as good as Telles.

Alaba is a world class player, leader, experienced and can play as LB, CB, midfielders. He is one of the most complete players in the world.

Telles, same age as Alaba, is playing very well in Portugal but his difensive ability is not good. He played in Turkey, Portugal and failed in Inter Milan. Paying " £50-60m plus £190-220k a week" for Alaba is expensive but it is WORTH ANY PENNY, but paying " £25m plus £90-110k a week" for Telles would be the risk.

Players like Sancho, Upamecano, Rogmanoli, etc. prefer to play with Alaba than Telles. Sign Alaba, world clas players will come in Chelsea.

Hopefully, he will choose us, not Mancheser, Barca or Juventus.

19 hours ago, King Kante said:

Personally, I am of the opinion that next seasons our four FB's will be: James, Dave, Telles, Maatsen, as that gives another academy player a chance, while also providing Dave with a utility role that means he will still get a decent amount of minutes 

I think we have good chance to sign Alaba. Not sure any other top club needs LB. Ok City but with no CL he will not go there. 

Don't you like our flexibility to change formation when required? This is why I think we will keep Alonso. Emerson seems off and honestly I cant see us selling both LB's. 

And with just one year left on contract Alaba can be even cheaper...

So Burnley apparently resigned to losing Nick Pope to us to replace Kepa (wtf).

So if things are to be believed, him and Declan Rice are top targets for us in the summer. Holy fuck. Is Lampard actually Kenny Dalglish in disguise?

Okay Sancho and Chilwell would be good moves for definite but Declan Rice and Nick Pope? Not having it. Unless Pope is a number 2. 

6 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Alaba's contract maybe be 2.5 times as expensive as Telles's but he is 1000 times as good as Telles.

Alaba is a world class player, leader, experienced and can play as LB, CB, midfielders. He is one of the most complete players in the world.

Telles, same age as Alaba, is playing very well in Portugal but his difensive ability is not good. He played in Turkey, Portugal and failed in Inter Milan. Paying " £50-60m plus £190-220k a week" for Alaba is expensive but it is WORTH ANY PENNY, but paying " £25m plus £90-110k a week" for Telles would be the risk.

Players like Sancho, Upamecano, Rogmanoli, etc. prefer to play with Alaba than Telles. Sign Alaba, world clas players will come in Chelsea.

Hopefully, he will choose us, not Mancheser, Barca or Juventus.

I am a big Alaba fan but we need to be serious about who we can sign, if we do go out and sign another top end AM and CF, whilst also needing a CB, I am not so sure we can blow a fortune on LB if there is another who would still be a very good upgrade . That said....

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think we have good chance to sign Alaba. Not sure any other top club needs LB. Ok City but with no CL he will not go there. 

Don't you like our flexibility to change formation when required? This is why I think we will keep Alonso. Emerson seems off and honestly I cant see us selling both LB's. 

And with just one year left on contract Alaba can be even cheaper...

I never realised that Alaba only had one year left. What is his presumed value? 

As for Alonso, I am a huge fan and he is probably in my top three current favourite players. However, I am not sure SFL fancies him or that he is using 343 other than a last resort because of the state of the squad. 

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am a big Alaba fan but we need to be serious about who we can sign, if we do go out and sign another top end AM and CF, whilst also needing a CB, I am not so sure we can blow a fortune on LB if there is another who would still be a very good upgrade . That said....

First, "Who we can sign" is not a problem. Right now, we are not a top club like Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, etc. which top players want to join. I'm not sure we can sign another top end AM and CF. We have a good chance to sign Alaba. Try to take advantage of every oppoturnity. "Ignore Alaba and choose Telles" is not wise decision. 

Second, "there is another who would still be a very good upgrade". Maybe or maybe not. I'm tired because too many fullbacks we signed to replace Ashley Cole: Baba, Luis, Emerson, Alonso and now we still need a upgrade.  I'm not sure Telles will end this list but I'm sure Alaba will.

31 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

First, "Who we can sign" is not a problem. Right now, we are not a top club like Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, etc. which top players want to join. I'm not sure we can sign another top end AM and CF. We have a good chance to sign Alaba. Try to take advantage of every oppoturnity. "Ignore Alaba and choose Telles" is not wise decision. 

Second, "there is another who would still be a very good upgrade". Maybe or maybe not. I'm tired because too many fullbacks we signed to replace Ashley Cole: Baba, Luis, Emerson, Alonso and now we still need a upgrade.  I'm not sure Telles will end this list but I'm sure Alaba will.

Regarding Alaba. He has said or it has been repeatedly reported in the past that he would only leave Bayern for Barca or Real Madrid and even then there was something along the lines of wanting to play more infield as a central midfielder.

Even then if they dont go for him, I mean who leaves that current Bayern side for this current Chelsea side? Lets be honest, not many, never mind one of the best fullbacks who is also one of the most versatile footballers around and has been over the years. 

Its absurd that his contract will only have a year on it but I still think he will only move if he gets to Barca or Real. 

I dont think he would even go to City, who would undoubtedbly have an advantage in doing business with Bayern (the rumors Bayern want to try do a deal for Sane with him in it) and also when you consider that Pep was very influential and pushed him on him as a manager there playing him as a CB as well as a LB. 

33 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Regarding Alaba. He has said or it has been repeatedly reported in the past that he would only leave Bayern for Barca or Real Madrid and even then there was something along the lines of wanting to play more infield as a central midfielder.

Even then if they dont go for him, I mean who leaves that current Bayern side for this current Chelsea side? Lets be honest, not many, never mind one of the best fullbacks who is also one of the most versatile footballers around and has been over the years. 

Its absurd that his contract will only have a year on it but I still think he will only move if he gets to Barca or Real. 

I dont think he would even go to City, who would undoubtedbly have an advantage in doing business with Bayern (the rumors Bayern want to try do a deal for Sane with him in it) and also when you consider that Pep was very influential and pushed him on him as a manager there playing him as a CB as well as a LB. 

My point that we should try to sign him, not ignore him and sign some  LBs like Chilwell, Telles.

I think we have a little oppoturnity because of his agent and our efforts.

He has 1 year left and want a new challenge.

Top clubs sill have good leftbacks. They won't try hard to sign Abala. Real, City have Mendys, Juventus have Sandro. Maybe only Barca, but hopefully their board is stupid, they are having finalcial troubled, the wages was very high and they are trying to bring Neymar back, make Messi happy.

Let's see how stupid Arsenal ignore Fabregas and how hard we tried to sign him.

Fabregas said: “Once I decided to leave (Barcelona), Arsenal had the first option of any other club and I could not speak to any other club for one week to see if Arsenal want me or not.

“Arsene didn’t give an answer, we just had to wait one full week to see if they responded. Definitely this was my first option, in my mind I’m telling everyone I’m going to Arsenal - this is what I want.

“Arsene can see this. I didn’t want to be a beggar, they know the situation, in one week they haven’t said anything, straight away I knew they probably didn’t want me back. They waited the full week without giving me a response.

“After the week I had to take my chance, I had Manchester City, United and then I spoke to [Jose] Mourinho - which I didn’t think would ever happen. 

“To be honest, after I left the room with Mourinho I said ‘that’s it, I don’t need to talk to anyone else, I’m going to Chelsea’.

“What he told me, the team he wanted to make, what he thought of me, how he wanted me to play, this is what I wanted. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fabregas-explains-why-arsenal-return-didnt-happen-when/ozcz3syl12o51plb426qu4dnb

9 hours ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

My point that we should try to sign him, not ignore him and sign some  LBs like Chilwell, Telles.

I think we have a little oppoturnity because of his agent and our efforts.

He has 1 year left and want a new challenge.

Top clubs sill have good leftbacks. They won't try hard to sign Abala. Real, City have Mendys, Juventus have Sandro. Maybe only Barca, but hopefully their board is stupid, they are having finalcial troubled, the wages was very high and they are trying to bring Neymar back, make Messi happy.

As Mo says, Alaba is nigh on impossible. Of course he is a great player but the chances of getting him are virtually nil, so there is not much point in trying because if he does not get a move to Spain he will likely stay in Germany. 

Anyway, this aside. What does everyone think will happen with Sancho this Summer? I am personally not sure that anyone is going to want to blow £120m after this Covid 19 business. Personally, I can see a situation where it may be better for Sancho to stay in Dortmund another season (he is only 19/20) and move next Summer as by that point he will only have one year left and get more money. If we are interested, we could then focus elsewhere on the squad for this Summer and maybe try and pick up a Courtinho on loan.