Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yeah that's what I thought too. Both are said to be at their best in a 'second striker' role so what works for one might work for the other too. If Potter can find a successful formula to use Felix in this second half of the season we might not even need to buy him on a permanent deal with Nkunku slotting right in for next season in the same position.

But even so, to pay £15M for a short term loan like that is outrageous and by having no buy option we have given Atletico exactly what they wanted. If Simeone goes after the season like is being suggested by the Spanish media, they'll just have gotten rid of a problematic player for half a season (while recouping a hefty amount of money doing so) and at the same time hoping we help Felix regain his confidence just in time for him to go back and play under the next manager.

Nkunku is already back in training and will only miss a couple more games so might as well have paid Leipzig a bit of extra and try to get him in straight away if the plan for Felix is to pave the way for Nkunku to come in..

It's definitely excessive.

Having said that, he's a player that very much divides opinion and I am intrigued to see how he'd do over here.

The most awkward situation will be if he's a huge success because I don't know where that leaves everything then. We'll be committed to Nkunku but there will be a clamouring for us to keep him and I'd assume he'd want to stay too if he caught lightning in a bottle here. I can't see a situation where you could accommodate both Felix and Nkunku unless perhaps you reverted back to wing backs and played two central attackers behind the striker. 

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

Some have mentioned that Atletico are trying to keep hold of Felix for a new manager next season, but I'm also wondering whether it suits us just as much as we have no intention to buy him anyway. It is perhaps that Potter has a plan for how he wants us to set up moving forward and Felix is the stopgap signing to perform the role that is earmarked for Nkunku next season. 

Obviously if Felix is successful it certainly poses questions then, but realistically I don't see us buying Nkunku and Felix for big money when they'd be performing similar roles and likely playing for one place in the team.

Separate note regarding Lavia - makes complete sense to hold off until the summer on this one. Southampton are not going to want to sell now when fighting off relegation. If they go down, his price could potentially come down significantly, and if they stay up I still think we'd have more chance of getting a much fairer price for him than we would right now.

Unless we have any loan/transfer available players who Saints think can help them in their relegation fight.

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

I can't see a situation where you could accommodate both Felix and Nkunku unless perhaps you reverted back to wing backs and played two central attackers behind the striker. 

Much better now. 🙂 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Newcastle will win this league in the next 3 seasons

And this is what bothers me when people say Chelsea are a team in transition and need a few years.

Newcastle were fighting relegation not too long ago, while we were competing at the top of Europe. How tf does this happen. 

30 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Romeo Beckham signed for Brentford. We are after youth, is he not good enough for us? Always liked his instagram, huge marketing potential 😊

My son was talking about this two days ago. He thinks it is just marketing.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

And this is what bothers me when people say Chelsea are a team in transition and need a few years.

Newcastle were fighting relegation not too long ago, while we were competing at the top of Europe. How tf does this happen. 

Players got old fast and injured. There should have been moves made a couple years ago that were ignored. We have been hit unbelievably hard with injuries.

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Bad transfers, running contracts down, sanctions, new owners etc etc.

Newcastle have gone from pure negatively week in week out with fans, mike Ashley etc etc l, to now been on cloud 9 richest club in England by far.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

So we are essentially allowing ourselves to be a training center for Felix for 6 months since there’s no buy option. If he does super well here Atleti (having just now extended his contract) can demand £100m or more for him in the summer. Or just not consider selling him at all.

I mean, with Boehly in charge I have no doubt that he would pay what Atleti ask for if he wants to stay, but with the previous regime in charge we would’ve insisted and likely succeeded in agreeing a buy option for something reasonable.

Injuries made us desperate, clearly. We agreed to a pretty shit deal out of desperation.

We've had our pants pulled down if I am honest. Despite the fact he could be a good signing. If he does well and we get up the table wont mind as much but wouldn't think he will be coming here next season. 

Full wages for 6 months which are 250k per week, a €11m loan fee and no option to buy. Plus he’s renewed his contract there to protect Atletico’s investment in him there also. Not even a mention of an option like the Kovacic loan either.

Some places even speculating now that they aren’t sure Potter specifically wanted him either. Apparently consulted but thats as far as it goes as they see him as “head coach” more than the manager. Although his job title is head coach, going on this info, the signings from now I would imagine will be targets chosen more by a recruitment team. Similar to how Salzburg and Leipzig do it. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We've had our pants pulled down if I am honest. Despite the fact he could be a good signing. If he does well and we get up the table wont mind as much but wouldn't think he will be coming here next season. 

Full wages for 6 months which are 250k per week, a €11m loan fee and no option to buy. Plus he’s renewed his contract there to protect Atletico’s investment in him there also. Not even a mention of an option like the Kovacic loan either.

Some places even speculating now that they aren’t sure Potter specifically wanted him either. Apparently consulted but thats as far as it goes as they see him as “head coach” more than the manager. Although his job title is head coach, going on this info, the signings from now I would imagine will be targets chosen more by a recruitment team. Similar to how Salzburg and Leipzig do it. 

Kovacic had no buy option either from what I remember, Odegaard also had no option and still ended up staying.

13 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Kovacic had no buy option either from what I remember, Odegaard also had no option and still ended up staying.

Think you’re right about Odegaard but I think Kovacic did have one at around 40m, didn’t he?

21 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I don’t know.

I would of thought if he didn't have some sort of option/clause, we wouldn’t of been able to buy him due to the transfer ban. 

Could be wrong but don’t see how we managed to get him otherwise.

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don’t know.

I would of thought if he didn't have some sort of option/clause, we wouldn’t of been able to buy him due to the transfer ban. 

Could be wrong but don’t see how we managed to get him otherwise.

I think you are right, it was buy him or buy nothing no?