Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

This has the potential to be the worst/most underwhelming transfer window we’ve had in recent memory.

It is starting to resemble the sort of window a club like Everton or Brentford have. 

This is something we'll have to get accustomed to. The majority of our present and future transfers will be for the future. "Time will tell" if they are excellent or terrible.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

This has the potential to be the worst/most underwhelming transfer window we’ve had in recent memory.

It is starting to resemble the sort of window a club like Everton or Brentford have. 

In what way? 

Getting Olise, Duran and Tosin is all good business while getting rid of Ian. 

If we can sell off Lukaku and Sterling as well, while maybe getting in another piece ready to play now - it would be a good, astute window. 

We would have Palmer, Olise and Nkunku up front with an improving Jackson. That is a potent, high scoring front 4. Duran has mega potential IMO. 
Caceido, Enzo, Gallagher and Lavia are a good, improving midfield. 

Aside from LB, I’d like to see one more CB and it would be a great window. I don’t even know if LB is that pressing considering Colwill or Cucu can start there in Enzos system. Especially if Gusto or James are on the right it gives flexibility for Colwill to be on the left. 

We came 6th last year with 3 of our 5 best players not really playing. 

If we were supplementing this massive youth movement with established, top class players in the 25-28 range every now and then I’d say “fair play, that’s a smart strategy.” But it seems like what we’re actually doing is targeting only young talents who are perhaps years away from being Chelsea first team quality, if they’re ever ready.

I don’t understand how the ownership expects us to get the UCL revenue back flowing every year when we’re going to once again have a squad full of kids over the next few seasons.