Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Top 4 would be extremely unlikely IMO.

Not only the young squad thingy, but also the number of bets that need to come through. Realistically only a percentage of those will work, which will make top 4 very difficult this season.

Evidently, it depends on what the other teams do, but I'm assuming the strong teams of last season will remain strong, which will make it a packed top 6.

Our starting XI is the weakest among the top clubs IMO. if you consider Tottenham a top club, I don't, that's the only club with a weaker starting XI. Don't think we have more quality than Newcastle either.

We will finish 5th and get CL.

At least this saga will end soon, one way or another. 

Just do 85+15. Brighton can say they got us to pay the "100m package" and we can highlight the 85 base fee and everyone can be happy. 

Edited by Gundalf

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Sure, I saw the same. It's all connected though; confidence makes players want it more. An achievable goal helps a lot with that.

Couldn't disagree more. Caicedo is just another bet... and very expensive one. Paying more to players don't help them play better. Team has no quality on the wings... no playmaker either.

I just don't see how we are going to face squads with experienced and established players. Even if we start strong, and without that things can turn ugly real fast, my concern would still be around dec-feb. Dunno, I just don't see the quality in the squad most here see. Like I said, way too many bets all at once. Situation does not make top4 likely.

No Europe actually helps this year tho.

Enzo + Caicedo would IMO be the best midfield pairing in the league. United have Casemiro and….? Liverpool have Mac Allister and….? Lavia is just 19 and a big question mark if they get him. Arse have Rice and may play Havertz in deeper midfield? 

No quality on the wings? I think Mudryk, Madueke, and all of Chilly, Reece, Gusto, and Maatsen if he stays provide quality in wide areas.

No playmaker? That’s literally Enzo’s bread and butter. A string pulling playmaker.

The youth and inexperience concern is overblown, imo. Arse fielded an extremely young side last season and almost won  the league. Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Saliba etc

If we add just a bit more in the window I’ll be very confident in top our top 4 chances. I can understand why you’re skeptical but I have faith in Poch. A bunch of these smaller clubs that aren’t used to being in Europe will work massively in our favor I think. Newcastle, Villa, and Brighton will be nowhere near as good this season when they have to focus on Europe. Us meanwhile having free weeks to train and gel will be a huge bonus.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Enzo + Caicedo would IMO be the best midfield pairing in the league. United have Casemiro and….? Liverpool have Mac Allister and….? Lavia is just 19 and a big question mark if they get him. Arse have Rice and may play Havertz in deeper midfield? 

No quality on the wings? I think Mudryk, Madueke, and all of Chilly, Reece, Gusto, and Maatsen if he stays provide quality in the wings. 

No playmaker? That’s literally Enzo’s bread and butter. A string pulling playmaker.

The youth and inexperience concern is overblown, imo. Arse fielded an extremely young side last season and almost win the league. 

If we add just a bit more in the window I’ll be very confident in top our top 4 chances. I can understand why you’re skeptical but I have faith in Poch. A bunch of these smaller clubs that aren’t used to being in Europe will work massively in our favor I think. Newcastle, Villa, and Brighton will be nowhere near as good this season when they have to focus on Europe. Us meanwhile having free weeks to train and gel will be a huge bonus.

Nothing that happened on the pitch thus far corroborates what you are saying above. It's all wishful thinking in my book.

Mudryk are you kidding me? What I saw from him last season, he's not even employable much less comparable with the better wingers in the league.

Edited by robsblubot

Just now, robsblubot said:

There is nothing that happened on the pitch thus far corroborates what you are saying above. It's all wishful thinking in my book.

Mudryk are you kidding me?

You sound like one of those opposition fans who think all our players are shit. Have we not seen James and Chilly be some of the most dangerous wide players in the league? We’ve watched it with our own eyes. That isn’t theoretical.

We watched Enzo instantly become one of the best chance creators statistically in the league when he arrived.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

You sound like one of those opposition fans who think all our players are shit. Have we not seen James and Chilly be some of the most dangerous wide players in the league? We’ve watched it with our own eyes. That isn’t theoretical.

We watched Enzo instantly become one of the best chance creators statistically in the league when he arrived.

Our players are proven shit until they aren't. At this level you aren't "top" by decree.

Enzo had a poor season... he needs to improve a lot.

Caicedo isn't even our player yet (if ever) and you talk as if he's the next best thing. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by robsblubot

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Our players are proven shit until they aren't. At this level you aren't "top" by decree.

Enzo had a poor season... he needs to improve a lot.

Caicedo isn't even our player yet (if ever) and you talk as if he's the next best thing. 🤷‍♂️

Enzo had a poor season? Okay, that confirms that you’re trolling.

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Nothing that happened on the pitch thus far corroborates what you are saying above. It's all wishful thinking in my book.

Mudryk are you kidding me? What I saw from him last season, he's not even employable much less comparable with the better wingers in the league.

If we made judgements based on last season every one in our squad bar Enzo, Kepa and some of the defenders should go and find a different career.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we made judgements based on last season every one in our squad bar Enzo, Kepa and some of the defenders should go and find a different career.

That's exactly my point: some may need to go, and we just don't know it yet. Because last season was so much of a write-off.

Enzo was pretty poor towards the end of the season to me. He was playing way too slow for a player of his quality. Yes, I do attribute that to the team form, but the point again is that *we have not yet seen these players performing at the level we need them to*. We all can expect this or that player to perform or not, but the fact remains the sampling from last season was (almost) useless.

However, I was disappointed with the first touch and overall technique of certain players, which makes me very dubious with claims of immediate success.

Edited by robsblubot

I think the thing with Enzo is that people jumped on some crazy hypetrain of him and are circling the earth about third time now. He surely has very desirable skillset and big talent, but to my naked eye he performed just a bit better than most of the team, yet people were justifying his pricetag with his supposed bossing the league and ending our troubles since day 1. This deffo didn't happen. Then some people just went radio silence and some claimed he will shine when the team will be adjusted for him. Fair point, but I doubt we actually did build a team around him this window. So jury is still out on him for me. He is quality player, but is he the promised elite quality, we will see. 

Edited by Vegetable

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Last season was worse. The worst Ive seen since 1993

I strongly disagree last season we literally had our club sold and we’re in complete disarray - 15/16 we had an established team that shouldn’t have finished anywhere near 10. That was by far our worst season I’ve watched since I was a kid. 

the British government forced our owner to sell. Froze our accounts and we had to panic to try and get players in before the start of the season.

Edited by bluesman2610