Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

City gonna spend 100m on a DM when they’ve already got the best one in the league and then they’re gonna spend another 100m on a CB when they’ve just won the treble with 3 different CB’s having spectacular seasons. 

Not that we had a prayer of getting close to them this coming season, but it’s difficult to see how anyone does for the foreseeable future when they can do this. If it hasn’t already happened,  the PL will soon just be the Bundesliga on steroids. Yes, the overall quality of the league is MUCH higher than in Germany but the champion will be the same every year.

hm I have my doubts

Gundogan and bernardo are leaving and after 2 seasons Pep will also leave the club 

Im not sure if Kovacic and Rice can substitute gundogan and bernardo is a incredible player

also KDB and Mahrez are getting old and maybe they can have a break next season

we will see but the truth is that they always find a way to win titles 

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/06/22/valencias-asking-price-for-giorgi-mamardashvili-putting-off-prospective-buyers

Valencia have been expecting first-choice goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili to depart this summer, with a number of clubs across Europe interested in signing the Georgian international.

Los Che slapped a €25m asking price on Mamardashvili, who had an impressive 2022-23 season

we are mad if we drop €75m (£65m) on Diogo Costa instead of £21.5m on Mamar

This seems like a no brainer to me

19 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Anyword on why we aren’t looking at other options other than Caicedo. Are players like Thuram and Kone more expensive. Because from what I can see they offer much more than him.

they are vastly cheaper than Caicedo

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

why our deal with gvardiol collapse, anyway?

Didn’t Leipzig change their mind because it was too late to replace him? I can’t recall.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Didn’t Leipzig change their mind because it was too late to replace him? I can’t recall.

sounds a mistake, tbh but well we have a strong group of center backs 

next season we need to replace thiago but for this season without UCL I think we should be fine but its always sad to miss a world class target

well most of players arrived from bundesliga I have some doubts but its probably that Pep can make players look like world class players

5 minutes ago, Mário César said:

sounds a mistake, tbh but well we have a strong group of center backs 

next season we need to replace thiago but for this season without UCL I think we should be fine but its always sad to miss a world class target

well most of players arrived from bundesliga I have some doubts but its probably that Pep can make players look like world class players

The only problem is we already have 2 left footed CB on the books right now we need a right footed CB whos quality

If we lose out on Caicedo I hope our alternatives are proper ballers in a technical sense. Super technical, tidy footballers with excellent first touch and great in tight areas. 

I’ll be super annoyed if we go out and get midfielders who are mostly just big, powerful athletes first and foremost and have questionable technical ability. Like if instead of going big and trying to get Barella we instead go for Onana from Everton. 

7 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

The only problem is we already have 2 left footed CB on the books right now we need a right footed CB whos quality

fofana and thiago are right foot....

fofana, lewill and badshiale for a season without ucl its good enough, I think

they need time to develop but Im pretty confident that they will do a great job 

thiago is repaceble next year 

Bayern fans dont know where this news is coming from tho. Ig its all PR. 

I think its pretty obvious that all these "United dropped interest in Mount and target Caicedo now" news are nothing else than PR messages pushed by United using journos to put us under pressure.

So maybe these Bayern links are our PR response, showing United that we arent afraid of them pulling out bc we might have alternatives.

Mind games if u ask me.

Edited by Gundalf

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

City gonna spend 100m on a DM when they’ve already got the best one in the league and then they’re gonna spend another 100m on a CB when they’ve just won the treble with 3 different CB’s having spectacular seasons. 

Not that we had a prayer of getting close to them this coming season, but it’s difficult to see how anyone does for the foreseeable future when they can do this. If it hasn’t already happened,  the PL will soon just be the Bundesliga on steroids. Yes, the overall quality of the league is MUCH higher than in Germany but the champion will be the same every year.

Citeh have flux and positional issues (platers being played out of position) in their defence this summer

their fullbacks are a mess (2 CBs playing there often), they are likely soon short (left footer needed, thus Gvardiol) at CB, and they have no true viable backup DMF as Kalvin Phillips was a bust (anotherCB, stimes was filling in)

CBs

Rúben Dias   
John Stones (but was being used in the MF often)
Aymeric Laporte (likely will be sold)
Taylor Harwood-Bellis  (youth, may be sold)

CB/Fullback hybrids

Nathan Aké 
Manuel Akanji  

LBs

Sergio Gómez  (meh, not remotely good enough, likely sold)
Benjamin Mendy  (gone, will likely never play for them at all)

RB being played as a LB

João Cancelo  (gone, will be sold)

RBs 

Kyle Walker (gone, going to Bayern)
Rico Lewis (18yo youth)

DMFs

Rodri  
Kalvin Phillips  (bust, will likely be sold)
Máximo Perrone  (youth)

Rice is a bit strange I admit

but not Gvardiol and Hakimi

and surely they are hunting for a left back as well (Real Madrid, their main competitors, needs both RB and LB as well)

Nuno Mendes
Alphonso Davies
Alejandro Balde
José Gayà 
Theo Hernández  
Federico Dimarco