Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

There is some toxicity around. Someone is trying to disturb the club. Why would anyone be concerned if we sell homegrown players? 😂 And pretty sure those one who are concerned are some irrelevant people no one should care about. Good one will stay for sure like Chilwell and James. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

too bikey

I rather think you would make a good pony

original.jpg?1582212460

Jonathan David one to watch this summer

Jonathan David is somebody who I expect to be on the move this summer, and it’s a bit of a surprise that he hasn’t already moved on. I know that that was certainly the intention of the club, the player and his entourage last summer, when he was linked with some big clubs, but it never materialised.

I think it’s fair to say that the price tag for David may have been a little unrealistic last summer, we were talking upwards of maybe €70m for a player who went through quite a lengthy goal drought during last season. He’s got back to a good level of consistency this season, and there’s a lot of interest in him now from clubs in Germany. I think clubs will also be aware now that his price tag will most likely have been slashed to something below €50m. Lille have to be realistic about how much they can get for him, so he doesn’t end up staying for another season and not really adding to his value while he’s not fully invested in the club.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd3b4e629-3792-4d8d-9b5f-b2bdc7861607_1200x670.jpeg

His agent has spoken about playing in England and Spain in the past, but I think he’d also be open to someone like RB Leipzig, who have Max Eberl, who was a big fan of the player when he was at Borussia Monchengladbach. There would obviously be a place for him at Leipzig, so I think that’s one to watch and I definitely think Jonathan David will be one to watch in terms of a move this summer.

I think the major question with regards to Manchester United and Jonathan David would be regarding that consistency. We’re seeing them linked with the likes of Harry Kane and Victor Osimhen, and I don’t think we can completely exclude him from that discussion as well, but I think clubs like United, and Bayern Munich who have also been linked in the past, will be looking for that consistency from him after his form tailed off a bit last season. Still, I think there will be interesting options available to him this summer.

On 23/02/2023 at 04:14, robsblubot said:

I don't get it. Why does Mount, and only Mount, needs to be that player?
So, a team has 2 (maybe even 3) other positions to fill a role they lack in mid/attack. We don't even have an established right winger, and yet Mount *has to deliver the creative role*. There is nothing written anywhere that the left winger has to be the creative one... Hazard vibes?

if he wants to start every game and get a huge salary then he needs to be. if he is content being a workhorse squad player with a modest salary then fine.

6 hours ago, lucio said:

if he wants to start every game and get a huge salary then he needs to be. if he is content being a workhorse squad player with a modest salary then fine.

Oh but then we value such a (workhorse) player very differently.

Now, regarding wages, it's difficult to justify wages like the ones reported unless we are talking about a very very special player, and I agree Mount isn't one (even if he's still fairly young). I just feel that folks here don't realize that our players are (mostly) elite players who would walk into most starting XI barring a few (very known clubs). We have a lot of good players... they are all good players. We need more than good to improve and get better and it is difficult to improve on the already good. You often end up trading characteristics with the new signings, and that's what makes it challenging. 

Edited by robsblubot