Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

mount is been at this club for almost 4 years and still don't collect consense for everyone

seems a little bit like oscar, for example and I think that the brazilian was better than him 

we need betters players and he offers more than nothing a lot of times 

for me, I rather stay with kova and sell him and gallegher and receive more or less 90M next summer 

the more time pass and I think more and more that we were so lucky to hired tuchel and won a ucl with us

I don't think that any other manager in the world had won a ucl with a average squad like ours in that campaign 

kudos for him to focus in our strenghs and bet in a tactic that show our qualities and hide our weakness but tbh we still not are good enough to make 85 or 90 points in the league. we need better players than mount, pulisic, ziyech, azpi, auba, etc 

59 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Who wrote this article is a complete clown.

It's Jacob Steinberg. Not the first time he's writing PR nonsense regarding Mount contract. And he is even doing it bad. I mean, mentioning assist almost 2 years ago and a 'vital goal' in the game we got eliminated 😂 with this logic he could easily do the same for Werner, Havertz, Pulisic... 

I don’t think there’s a chance in hell our club higher-ups will allow amount to leave. The PR would be terrible if we or let go of a bunch of homegrown players like Mase, Gallagher, RLC etc in one summer.

But as I’ve said before, with him likely demanding money similar to our very highest earners whilst being one of our worst performers this season they’re kind of in a tough place. A fully fresh and top form Mount is obviously a huge asset. And letting him go to a PL rival to haunt us is a big risk. 

You have to be really damn sure that he will rediscover his form from the past 3 years if you give him £200-300k per week.

totally agree with the above ^^^^

caught between a rock & a hard place as far as Mount is concerned. 

he was consistently 7 or 8 out of 10 for the last couple of seasons. 

tailed off last year & everyone said "ah he's played too much football & needs a break" 

a fair comment at the time.. 

however, since then he's been heading downhill like a runaway train. 

will he come back? who knows. - hopefully. 

but to demand a contract to match any other (much higher performing week in week out) player at the club, to me is ridiculous. 

it would be hard to say "wind your neck in" but that's why Chelsea employ top business people to negotiate such deals. 

personally I'd not think he warrants any more than any other experienced squad members. 

but then we've done just that with the suicide bomber & kdb & were proved embarrassingly wrong both times.. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Bumtrubbler said:

totally agree with the above ^^^^

caught between a rock & a hard place as far as Mount is concerned. 

he was consistently 7 or 8 out of 10 for the last couple of seasons. 

tailed off last year & everyone said "ah he's played too much football & needs a break" 

a fair comment at the time.. 

however, since then he's been heading downhill like a runaway train. 

will he come back? who knows. - hopefully. 

but to demand a contract to match any other (much higher performing week in week out) player at the club, to me is ridiculous. 

it would be hard to say "wind your neck in" but that's why Chelsea employ top business people to negotiate such deals. 

personally I'd not think he warrants any more than any other experienced squad members. 

but then we've done just that with the suicide bomber & kdb & were proved embarrassingly wrong both times.. 🤷‍♂️

Dude did you just call Salah a suicide bomber?

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

He scored 2 goals against top10 teams in over 2 and a half seasons. Not likely he will haunt anyone. 

I didn’t really mean haunt us in a direct sense like scoring against us, just that if he returns to the Mount of the last few years and is an 8 out of 10 performer most weeks for someone like Liverpool it’ll look awful for us.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I didn’t really mean haunt us in a direct sense like scoring against us, just that if he returns to the Mount of the last few years and is an 8 out of 10 performer most weeks for someone like Liverpool it’ll look awful for us.

And when mount performed like that? I dont remember