Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Letting Kovacic go? Smdh. Injuries aside he would be a starter at most top clubs. Considering offers for him would be ludicrous. Even considering offers for Chilwell would be stupid.

I know why there is the speculation on Kova.

Kova turns 30 at the end of next season, and his contract expires right after he turns 30, on Jun 30, 2024

That is about the most unclear case of a player's age and contract expiration as you can get, certianly within a year either way for both age and contract relative to age expiration date.

If he was 2 years younger, then sure, renew him for 4 years, as he would be 32yo old at the very end (so the age of him from now until then would be playing at age 26, 27 to just turning at the end 32 (so 31yo in reality for the last year), aka prime AF years.

BUT he is not two years younger, so the same situ yields playing time from 28, 29 now to just turning 34yo, in reality 33 for most of the last year, so 2 or even 3 pretty not prime years.

Its a real quandary.

This summer is the last you can get max or near max money for him, we all know that except for a few CFs, then the top GKers, and of course Messi/CR7 types, the value slams down when you hit 30 years of age or more, especially 31.

Some people always fight with me (not just here, lol, every where I talk about footie, real life or internet) about my age theory for football, but look at the record, I am spot on I truly feel. I also am flexible and make more exceptions now, as I now have more years of real time observation myself, and have relaxed a lot on CFs and CBs.

Look at my predictions on fullbacks and DMFs and the 30yo age barrier, and how, for instance, I called Kante's downfall (and said sell him for several years) due to predicted injures (from both age and minutes performing his style of atomic pinball of death and destruction play) years in advance.

IF (and the only reason I would think would be he just keeps getting injured) we sell Chilwell

there are only 3 left backs I am going to accept

Alphonso Davies  (Bayern may just sell him, he is unhappy, having a bit of a drop in form, and they just bought Cancelo who plays better on the left than the right)
Nuno Mendes (but FFS, we just pissed off PSG something terrible)
Theo Hernández  (I am a bit off the boil due to his poor defence)

Borna Sosa will also surely be a target, but I worry about his defence as well

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

From what I seen in the more recent games Miretti has seemed to have gained favour with Allegri over Fagioli that’s why getting him would be more feasible. I heard they may be listening to offers and the boy can play.

Juve are in shambles, I think if ever there was a good time to pull Miretti, it is now, IF we actually rate him

those 2, plus our Cesare Casadei are all similar Italian CMF's

all 3 are close in age too

Fabio Miretti Date of birth/Age: Aug 3, 2003 (19)

Cesare Casadei Date of birth/Age: Jan 10, 2003 (20)

Nicolò Fagioli Date of birth/Age: Feb 12, 2001 (21)

Fabrizio Romano's Daily Briefing

🔵 Behind the scenes: Enzo Fernandez Chelsea deal almost collapsed

More details on Enzo Fernandez's record-breaking move to Chelsea

https://caughtoffside.substack.com/p/behind-the-scenes-enzo-fernandez

The Enzo Fernandez to Chelsea deal was a really mad one - many things happened behind the scenes.

It’s important to start by saying the player has been crucial. When everything started in January, the player was pushing very hard, and skipped training. When talks started again towards the end of January, Enzo remained very professional, but was praying for president Rui Costa to let him join Chelsea. The president had no intention to accept until the final few minutes of the transfer window, so Enzo was crucial.

At the beginning of January, Chelsea made a bid of €85m plus add ons for Fernandez, and with the possibility of players being included in the deal. Benfica said no, they wanted the release clause or nothing. Rui Costa was furious with Chelsea, but they were still there. Eventually they did it, they first tried €100m plus players, but Benfica again said no - €120m or nothing. So Chelsea offered €120m paid in instalments, but again for Benfica it wasn’t enough.

After a crazy 20 hours of negotiations, Benfica were still not budging. Chelsea were ready to have the player for a medical in London, but Benfica weren’t allowing it. Enzo was desperate and was pushing, and Chelsea tried again after 20 hours of negotiations from Tuesday morning to the final moments of Deadline Day, so how did they do it? The payment will be in six instalments, but with a big amount - €40m - paid up front.

Fernandez has signed a contract until 2031, there was never any issue between the player and Chelsea, the only issue was Benfica president Rui Costa. The whole Chelsea board did incredible work, all together pushing to get this signing done. It was a big fight. At one point, at around 8pm yesterday the deal was 100% collapsed, but Chelsea didn’t give up, Enzo was pushing, and the medical was eventually done after midnight. Here we go!

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Caicedo or Lavia probably.

Seen a couple of people on social media suggesting it's Lavia.

I do think we'll target him in the summer, even more likely if Southampton go down and given the prices being bandied about for the likes of Rice and Caicedo, I do think Lavia offers potentially better value in the market at what would probably be no more than half the price of the other two.

Just now, TheHulk said:

Hopefully not.

Whatever people might think of him, he's one of our more valuable assets and getting to a point where we'd have to consider selling him on the cheap because he only has 12 months left on his deal is not ideal.

9 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Whatever people might think of him, he's one of our more valuable assets and getting to a point where we'd have to consider selling him on the cheap because he only has 12 months left on his deal is not ideal.

Think we can fetch at least 60M from him because of his low salary if someone like Liverpool comes in in the summer.

Lets be honest here no one rates Mount that much as a top class player if he stays and gets a new contract it will be because he is from the academy and is a popular Chelsea figure among the fanbase not because of his football.

I read that Enzo is earning around 200-300k can you imagine if someone like Mount earns as much as him, pure joke.

Edited by TheHulk

9 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Seen a couple of people on social media suggesting it's Lavia.

I do think we'll target him in the summer, even more likely if Southampton go down and given the prices being bandied about for the likes of Rice and Caicedo, I do think Lavia offers potentially better value in the market at what would probably be no more than half the price of the other two.

Pretty sure we're going for Lavia, Joe knows him and has connections at Southampton.

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Caicedo or Lavia probably.

it would not be Caicedo

as Potter was his manager, so no surprise there

nor Mac Allister, same reason

nor any Napoli players (the poison dwarf would have went insane)

I would guess it was

in no order

your guess, Lavia

or Gvardiol or Bellingham (iffy) or Rafael Leão (iffy) or Rice or Dusan Vlahovic or Skriniar or Dumfries or Matheus Nunes or Anthony Gordon or Amadou Onana or Marcus Thuram or Arsen Zakharyan

not Barella, Inter said stay away now as soon as we asked

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Juve are in shambles, I think if ever there was a good time to pull Miretti, it is now, IF we actually rate him

those 2, plus our Cesare Casadei are all similar Italian CMF's

all 3 are close in age too

Fabio Miretti Date of birth/Age: Aug 3, 2003 (19)

Cesare Casadei Date of birth/Age: Jan 10, 2003 (20)

Nicolò Fagioli Date of birth/Age: Feb 12, 2001 (21)

I haven’t watched enough Miretti to really see how he’s getting on but Fagioli on loan last season was a solid CM in Cremonese promotion from Serie B to Serie A. 

Can play like a 10 but is best suited in an 8 or 6 role very similar to Pirlo. He has passing, dribbling, tackling I think he would be a great replacement if we got rid of Gallagher and Kovacic ( I love this player but doesn’t score enough from CM position)

One of the things apparently mentioned today is that all of these new signings (including ones in the summer like Sterling) and those that have signed new contracts like Reece have all agreed to wage decreases in seasons we haven't qualified for the Champions League.

If this is true, it's a huge deal, and makes things even more impressive that players have signed such long term deals. If the Champions League and a reasonable run in it were to bring in £70-80m but over time we have the bulk of our main players on something like a 20% wage drop, we'll be able to absorb the bulk, if not all of this loss of revenue. 

I am assuming there are some very attractive bonuses in the event of success and trophies!

I know Marina would drive a hard bargain in negotiations, and we had to fall within FFP limits, but ultimately under Roman I don't think that push was there to drive extra revenues, cost cutting considerations, etc because we were always bankrolled. In time, I fully expect this ownership to have the club from top to bottom run in a more efficient manner.

for GKer

I have a shortness issue with David Raya

he is only 1.82m or 1.83m depending on when and where you look

that worries me

I hope in 3, 4 years Slonina is our number one

but no guarantees on that so.........

here are my 40 top keepers, in some semblance of order

Raya is on the list, just not that high

Jan Oblak  
Giorgi Mamardashvili
Illan Meslier 
Mike Maignan
Dominik Livakovic
Odysseas Vlachodimos
Emiliano Martínez
Matvey Safonov
Dean Henderson
Diogo Costa

Robert Sánchez 
David Raya   
Nick Pope  
Gregor Kobel
Unai Simón  
Alban Lafont  
Juan Musso 
Ugurcan Cakir 
André Onana  
Anatoliy Trubin
Justin Bijlow 
Maarten Vandevoordt
Alex Meret  
Guglielmo Vicario 
Alexander Nübel  
Predrag Rajković 
Marco Carnesecchi
Gavin Bazunu
Daniil Khudyakov
Bento  
Sam Johnstone  
Cleiton  
Etienne Green  
Lucas Chevalier 
Thomas Strakosha  
Brenno   
Andriy Lunin  
Yann Sommer
Mattia Perin
Gonçalo Ribeiro (17yo)

Edited by Vesper

Vor 5 Minuten sagte Vesper:

für Gker

Ich habe ein kurzes Problem mit David Raya

er ist nur 1,82m oder 1,83m groß, je nachdem wann und wohin man schaut

das beunruhigt mich

Ich hoffe, dass Slonina in 3, 4 Jahren unsere Nummer eins ist

aber keine garantie darauf so.........

Hier sind meine 40 besten Torhüter, in gewisser Weise in Ordnung

Raya steht auf der Liste, nur nicht so weit oben

Jan Oblak  
Giorgi Mamardashvili
Illan Meslier  My Dream Option😊🙌
Mike Maignan
Dominik Livakovic
Odysseas Vlachodimos
Emiliano Martínez
Matvey Safonov
Dean Henderson
Diogo Costa

Robert Sánchez 
David Raya   
Nick Pope  
Gregor Kobel
Unai Simón  
Alban Lafont  
Juan Musso 
Ugurcan Cakir 
André Onana  
Anatoliy Trubin
Justin Bijlow 
Maarten Vandevoordt
Alex Meret  
Guglielmo Vicario 
Alexander Nübel  
Predrag Rajković 
Marco Carnesecchi
Gavin Bazunu
Daniil Khudyakov
Bento  
Sam Johnstone  
Cleiton  
Etienne Green  
Lucas Chevalier 
Thomas Strakosha  
Brenno   
Andriy Lunin  
Yann Sommer
Mattia Perin
Gonçalo Ribeiro (17 Jahre)

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We still supposedly, the last I saw, are going to hire an overall Sporting Director

2 names are far and away my 2 choices for that role

Christoph Freund (now that the RB owner died, maybe he will have a rethink)

and

Michael Edwards

I think Pool will get Paul Mitchell