Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

That’s our business done I’d say.

Overall I think I’d give this January window an 7/10. Completely refreshed a stale attack in a single window, bought a young CB that I was skeptical about but has instantly settled, and have now made sure the RB position is locked down for years to come.

Would’ve bumped it up to 8/10 if we could’ve brought Gusto in immediately and a 10/10 if we could’ve pulled off an Enzo deal. But those two scenarios appeared impossible due to the selling clubs.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Players with one year left on contract are usually half the price than if they have let's say 3 or 4 years. 

If Enzo doesn't have rc and is one year left on contract he would also be max 50m. 

Mount is a homegrown English Sr National team starter, so 10-15m easy in 'English tax'

you are saying all we can get, minus that 'English tax' (extra cost to clubs for English players, we pay it all the time, all clubs do, people who try and deny it exists are not operating in good faith)

is £20m to £25m, 30m or so in the pure transfer fee part????

laughable

you have long had a massive agenda against Mount (I invite all to go look at the Mount thread, up and down it, you slagged him off even when he was at our multiple POTY level), so your opinion is extremely biased and tainted anyway

53 minutes ago, MetsajCFC said:

9b341fe01bdc7d7a8100ed72a9c603df.jpg

Malo Gusto has completed a permanent move to Chelsea from Lyon.

The exciting 19-year-old right-back has signed a contract at Stamford Bridge to summer 2030 and heads back to France for the remainder of the current campaign to continue with Lyon in Ligue 1, where he has made 15 league appearances.

Gusto, who has been capped at Under-21 level by France, progressed through the youth ranks at Lyon and made his senior debut in January 2021.

editorial/news/2023/01/28/Gusto_DSC_1291-Edit

The following season was a breakthrough for the attack-minded full-back, becoming a regular for Lyon both domestically and in Europe. He registered four assists in 30 Ligue 1 appearances, while also helping his side reach the quarter-finals of the Europa League.

That fine form has continued this campaign under the stewardship of Laurent Blanc, with Gusto a key part of the OL backline as they sit in 8th place in the French top flight.

The defender will now continue his impressive progress on loan at the Groupama Stadium before joining up with the Blues in the summer ahead of the new campaign.

Chelsea would like to thank Lyon for enabling Malo to take up this new opportunity.

Welcome to Stamford Bridge, Malo!

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mount is a homegrown English Sr National team starter, so 10-15m easy in 'English tax'

you are saying all we can get, minus that 'English tax' (extra cost to clubs for English players, we pay it all the time, all clubs do, people who try and deny it exists are not operating in good faith)

is £20m to £25m, 30m or so in the pure transfer fee part????

laughable

you have long had a massive agenda against Mount (I invite all to go look at the Mount thread, up and down it, you slagged him off even when he was at our multiple POTY level), so your opinion is extremely biased and tainted anyway

You wrote at least 200 posts complaining why Marina didn't sell Courtois for 70-80m year before and we had to sell one of the best GKs in the world for 35m with one year left on contract. What do you think would be Mount price with one year left on contract and also with 3 or 4? 

And I see thousands of people having the same opinion on Mount as me all the time. Especially this season I feel it's like 90%. But don't know why is this again topic. 

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Players cannot improve their innate technical ability. They can only learn to make better use of what they have. Remember when people were telling us that Rom had been doing extra training with Conte and had improved his? The Messi principle applies; if players could improve their innate technical level, then why wouldn't they all just keep practicing until they became Lionel Messi?

I am not wading into the Gallagher argument (I am biased, I say sell him)

BUT

culture, environment and training definitely plays a role in technical ability

it is NOT just something you are born with or not

look at tiny football-obsessed nations like Uruguay, The Netherlands, Belgium, and Croatia

who put out very technical players all the time

and compared them to the rough beast in the West:

America and its 334 million people, millions of whom are extremely athletic, yet no footie culture like those small  football factory nations

The USA has the biggest pool of super athletes ever in 5 plus million years of human/hominid history, they have the best tech, the most disposable resources, yet their football and footballers are SHIT becuase the culture from birth is not there

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I like how you had to bring up Gallagher at the end of your point just to inflate Mount's value once more.  Not sure why you're trying to compare starting quality youngsters like Saka/Foden to a young English squad player like Gallagher...that's comparing apples to oranges.  

At the end of the day, let's put it this way, if Mount stays here as a starter, we won't be better than a top 4 side for years to come (I highly doubt he would accept a squad role).   

Well how did we manage to win the CL with him as a key player who delivered big performances and big contributions in key games if he is that bad 😂

The whole point of these posts have been comparing Mount to Gallagher in terms of keeping them/who would accept what squad roles/their wages/value etc so if your going then going to bring up Saka and Foden in comparison to Mount quality wise then why can’t I bring Gallagher up who we are originally comparing to Mount? Your logic here is baffling.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You wrote at least 200 posts complaining why Marina didn't sell Courtois for 70-80m year before and we had to sell one of the best GKs in the world for 35m with one year left on contract. What do you think would be Mount price with one year left on contract and also with 3 or 4? 

And I see thousands of people having the same opinion on Mount as me all the time. Especially this season I feel it's like 90%. But don't know why is this again topic. 

I do not think we should sell Mount, I think we should come to a salary compromise, something Marina should have long ago done, but once again cocked up

her legacy is extremely problematic for me, we won those trophies despite her for the most part, not because of her, I believe that to the theoretical depths of my non-existent (I am an atheist after all) soul

I own my bias against her, it is not against her as a person, I am sure she can be lovely, BUT I think she and our scouts and the board left us in shambles (along with Roman being denied his UK visa renewal post-Skripal poisoning and then pulling the plug on the new stadium, all of which I predicted beforehand)

I know that opinion make me hated here by some (most probably), but I own it to the bone

Hardly any time left now unless we're just paying the release clause, so I doubt it is happening sadly. Would have really made the rest of the season exciting.

Still thrilled with the business we've done. Pleasantly surprised how much Boehly is not fucking around, the quality of what we're doing seems to have improved so much since summer when imo we made a lot of shitty deals. 

14 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Yeah and Enzo will accept this, delusional cunt.

That will mean Benfica are going to have to offer Enzo Ferdnandez a new deal then.

Only way they can do it legally, or so you would think. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a pay rise as well plus the bonus and a higher release clause.

He would probably accept it too considering his antics when he scored that goal after our fucked up pursuit of him, indicating he was staying so I wonder if they’re gonna sweeten the deal for him by doing that and also cover their own arse in the summer. Regardless, someone will still pay €150m for him in the summer.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And someone will still pay €150m for him in the summer.

I highly doubt that, (that is £132m)

that is Bellingham (and only by an English club for him, Real will not dump out that much I wager) level cash

and Benfica will perhaps try and play their bullshit 'pay the taxes too' games, which will kick it up close to €200m!!!

Enzo is not prime Messi or CR7 or current Mbappe

also:

zero chance Enzo signs that deal

sub zero

Nobody will go to €150m for Enzo but I absolutely think both Manchester clubs would trigger his €120m clause in the summer. That’s why it’s so crucial we do so before they decide to. Hopefully they’re preoccupied by chasing Bellingham and it leaves us to Enzo.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I highly doubt that, (that is £132m)

that is Bellingham (and only by an English club for him, Real will not dump out that much I wager) level cash

and Benfica will perhaps try and play their bullshit 'pay the taxes too' games, which will kick it up close to €200m!!!

Enzo is not prime Messi or CR7 or current Mbappe

also:

zero chance Enzo signs that deal

sub zero

Not sure though, Liverpool and Madrid both in the market for Bellingham. He can only go one place and I don’t think any would flinch at paying €150m for Enzo Fernandez either in the summer. If he is going to be that sort of level of player who is exceptional for the next 10+ years.

I am actually surprised Madrid haven’t been linked with Kroos apparently considering retiring this summer and Modric’s age.

Also if nobody will go for him at €150m then why would anybody go for him at €120m? Its not a huge difference, its £26m or something. Begs the question, is he really that good? He looked pretty good for Argentina but is he going to be one of the top level elite elite midfield players?

Also I dont buy those taxes stories, just seems like utter nonsense. Never heard of it for any other transfer.

Edited by OneMoSalah

PSG

Milan Skriniar has already signed as Paris Saint-Germain player — it’s 100% done for June 2023 on a free transfer, here we go. Paris Saint-Germain have submitted an opening bid to anticipate Skriniar deal in January but Inter want €20m fee. Talks will continue soon, let’s see if they can reach an agreement to sign him earlier. Manchester United and Tottenham were never close to signing Skriniar.

Brighton tell Moises Caicedo to stay away from training amid Arsenal interest

https://theathletic.com/4133276/2023/01/28/arsenal-transfer-news-caicedo-brighton/

SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 26: Moises Caicedo of Brighton & Hove Albion applauds fans after the Premier League match between Southampton FC and Brighton & Hove Albion at Friends Provident St. Mary's Stadium on December 26, 2022 in Southampton, England. (Photo by Warren Little/Getty Images)

Brighton & Hove Albion have told Moises Caicedo to stay away from training until after the January transfer window amid speculation over his future.

Brighton rejected a £60million offer from Arsenal on Friday.

Caicedo responded to this by publishing a statement on social media in which he said he wanted to leave the club.

As a result, Caicedo will not be present at training on Saturday — which takes place at 11am — and is expected to play no part in the club’s FA Cup fourth round tie against Liverpool on Sunday.

Brighton’s position is that Caicedo is not for sale in the January transfer window — and that this will not change, despite continued interest from Arsenal.

The club expects him to stay at the club for the second half of the season.

The 21-year-old said on Instagram on Friday evening: “I am grateful to Mr. Bloom and Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best for them. I always play football with a smile and with heart.

“I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador. My dream has always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador.

“I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

“The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity.”

Arsenal are keen on Caicedo as they are looking to sign a central midfielder. They have been exploring a deal for him in recent days and have now made a firm move for him towards the latter stages of the January transfer window.

The north London club do have considerable funds to strengthen the squad in this window, as shown by their failed pursuit of Mykhailo Mudryk.

Chelsea have also shown an interest in Caicedo and had an offer worth £55million rejected earlier this month.

The Ecuador international joined Brighton from Independiente del Valle in February 2021 and is under contract on the south coach until 2025. He has made 25 appearances for Brighton since his move.

48 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well how did we manage to win the CL with him as a key player who delivered big performances and big contributions in key games if he is that bad 😂

The whole point of these posts have been comparing Mount to Gallagher in terms of keeping them/who would accept what squad roles/their wages/value etc so if your going then going to bring up Saka and Foden in comparison to Mount quality wise then why can’t I bring Gallagher up who we are originally comparing to Mount? Your logic here is baffling.

Remind me, was Mount the only stand out player in that CL run or was it most of the team that played very well and showed up on the big occasion? 

Comparing Mount & Gallagher doesn't make sense as one is meant to be guaranteed starter whilst the other is only starting to get a chance this season as a squad player.  As I said before, your logic is flawed as you can't compare starting quality players to squad players. 

Everyone knows that Mount is better but the fact that he hasn't been able to show that level of talent this season and drag Chelsea up the table to the European competition places is the biggest concern moving forward. 

The easiest hypothetical would be: Let's say Mount & Saka swapped places at their respective clubs, there's a high chance that Arsenal aren't top of the league right now and we're likely in the top 4.