Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I do support our new ownership, but if I only find out they've used profanities in the meeting room and missed the church on sunday, I'm out!

Like seriously, this is getting straight ridiculous, when our own fans are fuming with the board because they dare to negotiate instead of shutting up and stuffing truckloads of cash into whoever's demands mouth 😆

If all this twitter drama is clickbait, than our board is a fool for not having a PR team in place. If it's deliberate leak by Benfica, then the sole asspain is worth this whole ordeal.

33 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

This is what I didn't understand - why people thought you’d be willing to deal with us for a discounted price at all, or even a structured deal cause theres still half a season to play and CL for you guys.

Can only speak for myself, but I'd say because it's insanity to pay 127 million Euro for an unproven player who played 8 decent WC games, and in six months time can be worth twice the current price or 1/5th of it. I see Havertz, Pepe, Werner, Zyiech, Sancho, Ndombele and bunch of more taught fans nothing.

21 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

130M is also 1/6 of your full team valuation on TM. So what does that even matter?

It does - it only shows how far away from the realm of reasonability this sum is.

I'm not really sure if You are replying directly to me, as my opinion seem to be opposite of what most of people here think, but anyway. Again, Benfica is a club that needs to flip players, like 99% of clubs and I see zero offence in this. It's Benfica's right to put up ridiculous pricetag on players, Boehly's right to take it with a smile and offer what he sees more fit and Benfica's right again to take it or decline and again I see no drama in it. Don't get what's the whole "disrespect", big club, small club emotionality is about - that's how transfer market work. Benfica would be fools not to try to capitalize on current situation, but Boehly would be just as foolish and desperate to fall for it.

For one final time, I just can't get why people went absolute apeshit for a player they didn't know existed two months ago and demand to overpay few times for him, especially given there is no Madrid, City and PSG in line, just two sides of negotiation. He does great for Benfica, but for any other club he is a total gamble.

Edited by Vegetable

Everyone losing their mind because of some rumours spread by a bunch of people that don't know fucking anything about what is actually being discussed. Probably half of the senior leadership of the clubs don't even know what is actually being discussed, never mind the fucking random cunts from Twitter. We might find out when it is all over what the real version of events was but for now it is all speculation. The guy that leaked that there is a "written document" is also a total nobody that is trying to create a name for himself and plug his youtube channel ffs.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Everyone losing their mind because of some rumours spread by a bunch of people that don't know fucking anything about what is actually being discussed. Probably half of the senior leadership of the clubs don't even know what is actually being discussed, never mind the fucking random cunts from Twitter. We might find out when it is all over what the real version of events was but for now it is all speculation. The guy that leaked that there is a "written document" is also a total nobody that is trying to create a name for himself and plug his youtube channel ffs.

Apparently they are holding the talks on the main square in Lisboa and provide live coverage to all interested 16 years old journalists on Twitter, just like every football transfer works.

To add, both sides are so "mad" and "disrespected" they will finish off with a gun duel on the same square in two days.

Edited by Vegetable

12 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I'm not really sure if You are replying directly to me, as my opinion seem to be opposite of what most of people here think, but anyway. Again, Benfica is a club that needs to flip players, like 99% of clubs and I see zero offence in this. It's Benfica's right to put up ridiculous pricetag on players, Boehly's right to take it with a smile and offer what he sees more fit and Benfica's right again to take it or decline and again I see no drama in it. Don't get what's the whole "disrespect", big club, small club emotionality is about - that's how transfer market work. Benfica would be fools not to try to capitalize on current situation, but Boehly would be just as foolish and desperate to fall for it.

For one final time, I just can't get why people went absolute apeshit for a player they didn't know existed two months ago and demand to overpay few times for him, especially given there is no Madrid, City and PSG in line, just two sides of negotiation. He does great for Benfica, but for any other club he is a total gamble.

That's where we differ. I don't think that's how transfer market work. I don't think it's normal behavior to say to the seller that you will meet the asking price and then after negotiating with the player to low ball an offer and use the player and his agent to pressure us to sell cheaper than initially agreed. Also, if Enzo finishes the season the way he started many clubs will come to the table for him. You talk about him like he's some fringe player that Chelsea found out and has no interest from anywhere else in the market. Lot's of clubs asked about him already but when they heard we weren't selling bellow the 120M release clause they did the right thing and pulled out. Strange that "this is how the market works" but Chelsea was the only club acting poorly in this situation.    

24 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Last time we dealt you guys got Matic and then we end up buying back for a higher price. 

Would have been great to take advantage and get some player from us on the cheap. I think if you ask for Gallagher I'm sure we would cave in and send him over to Benfica. 

That could make sense but it's now a matter of principle. If you ask 100 Benfica fans right now if we should sell one cent bellow the release clause price tag 99 will say not to sell. I can see us in the summer window being open to that kind of a transfer, also because 25% of the money of the sale will go to River Plate, so including a player or two wouldn't be bad for us. 

10 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

That's where we differ.

Respect to disagree 

11 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

I don't think it's normal behavior to say to the seller that you will meet the asking price and then after negotiating with the player to low ball an offer and use the player and his agent to pressure us to sell cheaper than initially agreed. 

Are we even sure this is what happened? There were reports of him being offered pay rise he declined like 4 days before being supposedly done deal and even when it supposedly collapsed for the first time it was reported "Collapsed, but Benfica still open for a new offer" so only thing I know is english-speaking sources know shit and as much as Benfica has right to pull out, Boehly also had right to change his mind and come up with more reasonable offer, take it or leave it

14 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

Also, if Enzo finishes the season the way he started many clubs will come to the table for him. You talk about him like he's some fringe player that Chelsea found out and has no interest from anywhere else in the market. Lot's of clubs asked about him already but when they heard we weren't selling bellow the 120M release clause they did the right thing and pulled out.

100% agree on this, but that's what business risk is. Take lower prize or gamble and win or lose. A lot can happen in half of season. I'm mainly concerned because PSG, Real and so on are doing better business than us and if they were 100% sold on him, they would go for him now. If they decide to gamble and wait, they have a reason or different approach to risk assessment. And actually yes, I see him as a fringe player. If I knew he can deliver season to season in top 4 league, I'd have a completely different approach.

You don't always get what you want, either cash or players, that's life in all it's glory

Dunno, but I always thought point of buying wonderkids is because they are rough but promising you get them young and reasonably priced.

If we have 130 mil to burn painlessly and expect immediate effect, maybe it's better to take a part of this sum and call De Bruyne whether he didn't left anything in the locker room at Cobham? 

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Respect to disagree 

And actually yes, I see him as a fringe player. If I knew he can deliver season to season in top 4 league, I'd have a completely different approach.

You don't always get what you want, either cash or players, that's life in all it's glory

You can see him as whatever you want. All we want if he's not too much to ask is that maybe the Chelsea representatives can try not to behave like scumbags. 

1 hour ago, bijitaq said:

You can see him as whatever you want. All we want if he's not too much to ask is that maybe the Chelsea representatives can try not to behave like scumbags. 

Yeah because all of benficas money was made doing charity work 🤣🤣.

31 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Yeah because all of benficas money was made doing charity work 🤣🤣.

It wasn't made from going back on our word and then manipulating a 21 year old to miss practices so the club has to sell him at a cheaper prince. Thats scumbag behavior. 

Edited by bijitaq

It's not that they wont pay as much for one player. I told you they wont when everyone were saying  they will.

It's that they wasted 300 mil of money  intended for development of club and stadium on trash. Literally they wasted 300 millions with wages half of billion on players everyone who watches football knew were past it, not good enough, too risk players. Anyone who saw KK in CL new he would get caught in PL.  Fofana was damage goods after his injury. Auba was too old for PL and Cucurela was considered back up material from City. Sterling was past it and it was evident he wont have it as easy as in Man City. Just look Arsenal. That youngster is more efficient than Jesus.  Truth is, if you can't make it as attacker in City, hardly you will anywhere in PL.

They literally wasted so much money to set this club back. It will get them lower bottom place on the table for foreseeable future.  

We are so heading on the Arsenal route. But this cash cow wont be nearly as payable. 

I am so disappointed with people running this club. Been quite some time. I can't see the light yet. It's heartbreaking, knowing it will take miracle to support the great team again due to money wasted on hideous signings.

Edited by laura90