Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

If the highest offer from us was 85M€ and Benfica's stance has always been "120M€ or fuck off" from the very start, how is the 85M€ offer not a lowball?

In fairness 85m euros is a huge amount of money whichever way you look at it. It's not a stretch that the club's enquiries have been enough to bring Benfica to the table initially, but there's too much distance between the two.

I could see some negotiating and trying to get a few million off a deal or a lower fee and higher add-ons but I'd still be amazed if we've told Benfica we'd pay 127m and then only actually offered 85m. It's not just a case with damaging relations with Benfica in the future, but word will get around very quickly if that is how we're treating transfer negotiations and it will create multiple problems in the future. In the summer, Boehly was praised a lot from other clubs directors for how he conducted himself so for me it simply doesn't add up.

44 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

WTF

We are CLOWNS if we think that Benfica would accept only making £38.5m or so profit on Enzo

(€85m minus River Plate's 25% cut from their sell-on clause, and also minus the €18m Benfica paid in fees and add-ons, and minus half a year's salary they paid)

I am RAPIDLY becoming disenchanted with Boehly

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

The worst thing about all of this, is that Enzo WANTS the move. 

This isn’t like De Ligt, Dembele, or Raphinha where they were waiting for Bayern/Barcelona.

Wanted you mean, after this embarrassment he probably thinks we're a laughing stock.

fucking CLOWNS try to short stroke Benfica for €35-€42m after saying the would pay €120-127m then tossing out only €85m on official offer

YET had no problem dumping €72m (£62m) on fucking CuCu

and €40m (£33.4 at the time) on the turgid KK (AND PAY HIM almost £300K (295) PW which works out to 70m fucking euros just in salary over the next 4 years!!!!!)

idiots!!!!

this was probably 85 millions now, and with later payments which would be more than the 120m release clause...idk why is everyone calling out boehly for this. reasonable offer instead of the crazy straight up 120 million.

45 minutes ago, Superblue said:

In fairness 85m euros is a huge amount of money whichever way you look at it. It's not a stretch that the club's enquiries have been enough to bring Benfica to the table initially, but there's too much distance between the two.

Sure 85M€ is definitely a lot of money but surely everyone knew that was never going to be enough to land Enzo Fernandez in a January transfer window so if the club weren't willing to go past that figure, why even bother in the first place?

Now they went in with an offer well below the valuation of Benfica and after fucking around for a couple of weeks with no developments we're once again the laughing stock of the transfer market.

I'd certainly not have had any issue if the club never went after Enzo in the first place and cited him as being too expensive but now that they did and were once again embarrassed in the market, this whole fiasco just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

Edited by Jype

2 minutes ago, whats happening said:

this was probably 85 millions now, and with later payments which would be more than the 120m release clause...idk why is everyone calling out boehly for this. reasonable offer instead of the crazy straight up 120 million.

I think this is more the case.

Let's see what happens, because 85 million upfront and the other in parts was a good as it gets. 

25 minutes ago, whats happening said:

that is NOT what I understand to have happened

I thought that we had agreed to something simlar to what you said

this was probably 85 millions now, and with later payments which would be more than the 120m release clause.

BUT apparently it is NOT what happened

the €85m offer was the total, not the initial payment

Excl: Chelsea official proposal for Enzo Fernández was never €120m or €127m. The final proposal made to Benfica was €85m fee.
Edited by Vesper

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is NOT what I understand to have happened

I thought that we had agreed to something simlar to what you said

BUT apparently it is NOT what happened

the €85m offer was the total, not the initial payment

Excl: Chelsea official proposal for Enzo Fernández was never €120m or €127m. The final proposal made to Benfica was €85m fee.

Our fanbase getting completely delusional at this point because they can't comprehend that owner is an idiot.