Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

and one to watch

Karel Geraerts (Royale Union Saint-Gilloise)

Doing a good job for his inexperience.

Vrancken (Genk) also doing a great job, had couple smaller clubs and got the most out of it. Now looking good to go for the title with Genk.

your thoughts on Kompany? Doing a good job at Burnley with great possession based football I hear. (Guardiola based style?)

6 hours ago, Hashishi said:

Callum Wilson is better than him. I don't see why they would want him. We're going to have such a problem unloading this piece of crap.

What makes you think Cullum is any way near Lukaku. Lukaku even with his flaws have proven to be 10 times better than Callum. The records are there to see especially in goals. Callum ain't a kid that is coming out of the block. He has been around for some years now.

1 hour ago, maxlev said:

There is this Chelsea fc boy that amazes me with his skills everything I watch our u18 game highlights. His name is Tudor Mendel-Idowu. An amazing player we should watch out for.

I was watching a video if him the other day and have to say his skill set is pretty impressive 

7 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Doing a good job for his inexperience.

Vrancken (Genk) also doing a great job, had couple smaller clubs and got the most out of it. Now looking good to go for the title with Genk.

your thoughts on Kompany? Doing a good job at Burnley with great possession based football I hear. (Guardiola based style?)

I almost listed Vrancken, who is doing great, like you said, with Genk.

I think Kompany will be a solid manager, he is another one to keep your eyes on.

Report: Chelsea make £35.5m bid for aggressive 21-year-old

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-Chelsea-make-35-5m-bid-for-aggressive-21-year-old/

download.webp

Chelsea have already submitted an offer for AS Monaco centre-back Benoit Badiashile, whom they consider as an alternative to RB Leipzig’s Josko Gvardiol, according to Foot Mercato.

The Blues were reportedly very close to signing Gvardiol, with whom they had personal terms in place, last summer but eventually could not get the deal over the line.

The 20-year-old, who was mostly seen as an elite talent, has since established himself among the top defenders and generated even more interest.

His stellar performance in the 2022 World Cup only sees the Croatia international rise in value, and as a result according to The Athletic, Chelsea are considering alternative options for January or next summer with Badiashile on top of their list.

The report added that Chelsea are already in talks with Monaco over a potential deal for the 21-year-old which is expected to cost around £31million.

However, French outlet Foot Mercato now claims that Chelsea have already made an offer worth €40m (roughly £35.5m) for the player.

Monaco are also said to be open to selling the France international, whose contract at the club expires in the summer of 2024, and see this would be the best time to cash in on the player.

Chelsea may be in pole position but they are not the only horse in the race.

Foot Mercato mentions that Manchester United are closely monitoring Badiashile, while Newcastle United and Sevilla have shown interest in the past.

Sevilla, in particular, had reportedly prepared a bid worth between €20-30m (£17.7-26.5m).

Similar to Gvardiol, Badiashile mostly plays as a left-sided centre-back in a back four.

Compared to the Leipzig man, however, Badiashile is a far more aggressive defender. This makes him prone to making fouls, but at the same time, his tendency to chase the ball can lead to counter-attacking threats as well.

He also likes to play diagonal passes from deep, averaging almost four long balls per game in the Ligue 1 this season.

download.webp

download.jpg

download.jpg

Chelsea target Rafael Leao confirms his desire to play in England, but in the future

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/12/Chelsea-target-rafael-leao-confirms-his-desire-to-play-in-england-but-in-the-future-latest-news/

Speaking to RDP Africa (h/t Metro), AC Milan forward and Chelsea target Rafael Leao has expressed his desire to play in England and the Premier League, but in the future.

The Portugal international, who was part of the national team World Cup but did not get much game time in Qatar, has been linked with the Blues for some time now.

Leao’s contract at Milan expires in the summer of 2024 (Transfermarkt). There have been plenty of rumours surrounding his future in Italy. A few days ago, Express reported that the player is not prepared to sign an extension with the Rossoneri.

Here’s Leao when asked if he desires to play in the Premier League (h/t Metro😞

“Yes, in the future. But now I’m 100 per cent focused on Milan. I’m at a top club and I’m under contract. I also like the city of Milan.”

Make of that what you will from this quote. It shows that the player has his mind set on playing in England, but had to rightly include a sentence of committing his focus for his current club.

Leao has had an excellent last 18 months for Milan. After his impressive outing last season where he helped the club win the Scudetto, he made a great start to this campaign before the World Cup break kicked in.

The 23-year-old scored seven goals and assisted nine in 20 appearances in all competitions for the Rossoneri. As a player, he is more than just about goals and assists though. His overall threat sometimes creates space for others in the team to cause trouble for the opposition defence.

Chelsea preparing €100m plus bid for AC Milan winger Rafael Leao.

Chelsea could sign Lampard 2.0 with transfer lunge for Arsen Zakharyan

https://www.footballfancast.com/Chelsea-transfer-rumours/Chelsea-arsen-zakharyan-transfer-focus-frank-lampard-dynamo-moscow-premier-league

Chelsea could sign Lampard 2.0 with transfer lunge for Arsen Zakharyan

Chelsea unearthed a diamond this summer, but failed to get their hands on their gem when the transfer of Dynamo Moscow’s Arsen Zakharyan to Stamford Bridge collapsed due to external forces.

Indeed, following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and the consequent sporting sanctions imposed on the country and Russian athletes, the acquisition slipped into the puddle after agreeing upon a £12.6m fee.

Since then, the Evening Standard recently revealed that the Blues have maintained their concrete interest that arrived in the summer.

Speaking to Sport24, the player said: “I immediately discovered that I wanted to go. “I do not dismiss the option of returning [to Dynamo] on loan but at least I would try myself [at Chelsea], then I’ll be back. Maybe it would be possible to start playing there right away.

“I hope that the negotiations will continue in the winter and they will lead somewhere.”

The blistering form that struck Zakharyan into prominence like a lightning bolt truly took shape last year, when the ace struck nine goals and nine assists from 34 appearances in Russia, earning plaudits for his destructive nature despite his tender age.

This season, the 19-year-old has plundered three goals and six assists from 22 appearances, and the offensive-minded midfielder is beginning to display the promising signs of a world-class budding talent.

With that in mind, one can only imagine the creative energy he might nurture and develop at Chelsea, perhaps emulating the iconic success of another forward-thinking midfielder named Frank Lampard.

Lampard, who went on to have a managerial stint with the Blues after his tremendous playing career, scored 211 goals and assisted 145 more across 648 appearances for the west London giants, basking in a prosperous footballing journey that left him with a wealth of major honours including three Premier League trophies, the Champions League and four FA Cup triumphs.

If Zakharyan can harness his exciting potential” – as lauded by Bence Bocsak – then he could go on to forge a very successful career indeed with the Blues, flourishing under the tutelage of Graham Potter, who knows a trick or two about man management.

As per Sofascore, the maestro has recorded an average rating of 7.33 in the Russian Premier Liga this term, taking 1.3 shots per game and displaying his creative flair with 2.7 key passes.

Creative and possessing a dangerous eye for goal, Zakharyan certainly shows plenty of shades of Lampard, arriving late in the penalty area from his central berth to beat the goalkeeper on an all too regular basis.

Quite simply, he would be a fine addition to a Chelsea team at the beginning of a new dawn, an offensive centrepiece from the middle of the park to craft a career that could ascend him to the very top, with Chelsea reaping the rewards.

8b442e09c76ff8760be92eb3d1ca1b1a.png

3a34dbc0382abf24908f4d03eea613da.png

81105bb6056c3efe7f41cef9d439ede3.png

9694b4e423a4284387b4ac71db4b8758.png

Edited by Vesper

On 22/12/2022 at 15:37, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I go to the Bahamas for three days and we buy every youngster available. I like it!! 

jumped at Owl’s Hole. 15M jump into 5M deep crystal clear water.

EbXqqSd.jpg

P6c6rU0.jpg

Better dive than Neymar 👍

Chelsea begin talks to sign Youssoufa Moukoko

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/12/26/Chelsea-begin-talks-to-sign-youssoufa-moukoko/

Chelsea begins discussions over signing Youssoufa Moukoko in January, but the situation with Dortmund could become tricky.

Rapid Bucharest v Borussia Dortmund - Friendly Game

According to Give Me Sport, Chelsea are looking to sign Youssoufa Moukoko in January as they begin talks to understand the deal. The 18-year-old striker could also use the interest from the Blues as leverage to get a better deal at Borussia Dortmund.

Chelsea are going all out in the market to acquire some of the best young talents from everywhere. They began planning on recruiting players of a younger age to build an exciting project for the future and, so far, have attained success in their chases.

After signing Marc Cucurella and Wesley Fofana, Chelsea remains linked with every possible young talent in the market. They have also signed David Fofana from Molde. The Blues are also on the verge of bringing Brazilian star Andrey Santos from Vasco Da Gama.

The list does not end there, as Borussia Dortmund’s highly-rated 18-year-old striker Youssoufa Moukoko could become their next target. Despite the arrival of David Fofana, who was initially considered the direct replacement for the injured Armando Broja, Chelsea may be planning something much bigger.

With David Fofana, they may decide on his future once the signing is officially complete. That includes letting him play with the youth sides for a while or even sending him out on loan. Hence, the Moukoko pursuit gains interest as the 18-year-old striker could become an important first-team member.

Moukoko is a striker with huge potential and has already earned a World Cup call-up with Germany in Qatar. Dortmund considers him important, but they find themselves in a tricky position with the 18-year-old striker’s contractual situation.

Moukoko’s current deal expires in the summer, which leaves the field open for clubs outside of Germany to negotiate a pre-contract. If Dortmund cannot agree on fresh terms, they would likely prefer to sell him in January than let him leave on a Bosman move.

Chelsea are sensing an opportunity to get their hands on one of the brightest young talents on the continent. The Blues could repeat their recent strategy and look to agree on a deal with Dortmund by paying a reasonable fee. The Bundesliga side wants around £26 million to let him leave next month.

The Premier League side has reportedly begun discussions over signing Moukoko in January. The initial talks would involve understanding the details and then making an official approach to convince the player.

Chelsea may have originally wanted to agree on a pre-contract. There are chances Moukoko could leverage the interest to land an improved contract at Dortmund. If that happens, the Blues will get played in this saga, and the player will end up with the best seat in the theatre.

Moreover, if the player waits until the summer before deciding on his next move, Chelsea fears there will be more clubs in the equation. Those circumstances would make it tough for the Blues to convince Moukoko to join them.