Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

My pick would have been Livramento for back up RWB/RB since we already have a fixed price for him but he's also done his ACL 🥲

The 'problem of Reece James' must be a big part of why Tino left in the first place. Tough to see him rushing back to face being blocked again. In any case, I want to see improved defensive output from Tino before I'd support him coming back to share RB/RWB duties.

23 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

J5 wants to double his salary. Enjoy Barca!

Under ordinary tax treatment that's more than £23m a year gross. Can't see how it would make sense to offer Jorgi that kind of a contract. Obviously, the player's agent is going to go high at the start of negotiations but, if true, that number is a big overreach.

On 04/11/2022 at 04:14, Vesper said:

Liverpool and Chelsea to fight for Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after learning eye-watering fee

Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia aka 'Kvaradona' has emerged as one of the most in-demand players in Europe this season with his pulsating performances for the Serie A leaders

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-liverpool-khvicha-kvaratskhelia-transfer-28404230

Liverpool and Chelsea are set to battle over Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after his price tag was revealed.

The Napoli winger has emerged as a breakthrough talent already this season by scoring eight goals and providing 10 assists in 17 appearances across all competitions. As a result, clubs across Europe are taking an interest in the 21-year-old, including Premier League giants Liverpool and Chelsea, who are both expected to make approaches next year.

However, he will not come cheap, with his agent Christian Emile revealing that he expects Napoli to demand €100m (£86m) to part company with the Georgian international nicknamed by fans as 'Kvaradona'. 

Speaking to Fabrizio Romano, Emile explained: “He’s come to Napoli, he’s been brilliant, and people are talking about 100m euros.

“For me, if he continues to perform like this till the end of the season and next season, because there’s a zero per cent chance they sell him (in January). He will reach 100m euros for sure.”

Kvaratskhelia, who has also been linked with Manchester City in recent weeks, will not be allowed to leave Napoli until next summer at the earliest, with his contract not expiring until 2027.

He only moved to the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona in the summer, signing from Dinamo Batumi in his native Georgia for £9million.

Happy to lose this tussle.

49 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The 'problem of Reece James' must be a big part of why Tino left in the first place. Tough to see him rushing back to face being blocked again. In any case, I want to see improved defensive output from Tino before I'd support him coming back to share RB/RWB duties.

True but on the other hand the amount of games we play, the competitions we are in and Reece being unavailable for a couple of months for 2 seasons in a row now could sway him. 

But yeah especially since he is coming back from an ACL would need to see more from him before pulling the trigger.

57 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

True but on the other hand the amount of games we play, the competitions we are in and Reece being unavailable for a couple of months for 2 seasons in a row now could sway him. 

Yes, I would try to sell him that if he shows better defending. This is why I wrote of him 'sharing' RB/RWB duties with Reece. If Tino can dispel the doubts about his defensive contribution he would get enough game time and would be a powerful addition to our squad. If he does not show better defensive qualities however there can be no place for him back at The Bridge.

I was a big fan of Tino's during his academy days, so I watched a fair bit of him at Saints. I didn't like what I saw defensively. His positioning was frequently awful.

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Don't think so but maybe the Ricketts or Ratcliffe give it another go.

The latter has been dying to buy an English club, so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go all in this time.

17 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Did it say why FSG decided to sell LFC?

At first they said that they would invite new shareholders, since that time the main owners in the FSG group have said they would be interested in a complete buy out.

57 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

At first they said that they would invite new shareholders, since that time the main owners in the FSG group have said they would be interested in a complete buy out.

Strange the sell out, but they have made a massive return. Bought for 300 million and now to sell for multi Billion is insane. 

Because Chelsea was sold recently they can use that evaluation to ask for more for Liverpool. 

55 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Strange the sell out, but they have made a massive return. Bought for 300 million and now to sell for multi Billion is insane. 

Because Chelsea was sold recently they can use that evaluation to ask for more for Liverpool. 

Interesting that four Dubai groups have contacted the U.S. group that is handling the evaluation and sale of the club. All four of the approaches have stalled once they were shown the level of financial verification that would be required to place a binding bid.