Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

28 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

How is Douglas Luiz better? Only thing better is his price. Villa have been hyped so much over the past 3 years and have done absolutely nothing. Alvarez might be playing in the Eredivisie, but he also has games in the CL and he is a champion. The winning mentality should not be overlooked!  

Luiz is a vastly better technical footballer, a better passer, better dribbler, more pace, a better athlete, etc.

Liuz is now a Brasil Sr team capped player as well and won the gold medal at the Olympics, you do not get to that level as a shit player, Brasil is not Mexico in terms of difficulty of simply making the squad

it is not his fault Villa are mediocre

Alvarez has one advantage, his height (1.87m v 1.77m)

also price and valuation are two different things

e92524b38efdb298df4de0d70f9b1440.png77117c41a41648e2a54134fdec6eed43.png

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

A champion of eredivisie and some Mexican cups, big deal. 
looks like a South American Jon obi Mikel to me. Not that a mikel would not help us but we need someone who can defend and do a bit of playmaking or we will improve in some and get worse in other aspects 

We cant buy our way to the top in one summer. It is not city we are competing with. If Alvarez can be the new Mikel for Chelsea that would be great. We need a decent CDM to give Tuchel options, not to start and dictate every game. A lot of components from our team need to gel a bit before we can decide what to do in January and next summer, so hopefully next season we are competitive  

I am not necessarily that pleased with the transfer business that we have done. 

K2 - I mentioned when he first signed that I always had him down as a hipsters idea of a great defender. Haven't been sold on him yet and his contract is worryingly long. 

Sterling - Liked this one, even if it is very odd seeing him in Chelsea Blue. 

Cucu - Liked this one, but fee was more than it should've been. 

Slonina, Carney and Casadei - Fine with these sort of transfers but they are a bit of a crap shoot. 

PEA - Absolutely ridiculous signing, seriously fuming about this one. He was nonessential owing to his professionalism, age and how he last looked in the PL. 

Fofana - Raped on price again, but I was very impressed by his first season in the PL. However, his injury is a concern. Long term is this a see how it goes transfer. 

Overall, I think they club has done ok and put its money where its mouth is. However, attack is still a major issue. For instance, I would've kept Werner over having PEA. 

Edited by King Kante

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Luiz is a vastly better technical footballer, a better passer, better dribbler, more pace, a better athlete, etc.

Liuz is now a Brasil Sr team capped player as well and won the gold medal at the Olympics, you do not get to that level as a shit player, Brasil is not Mexico in terms of difficulty of simply making the squad

it is not his fault Villa are mediocre

Alvarez has one advantage, his height (1.87m v 1.77m)

also price and valuation are two different things

e92524b38efdb298df4de0d70f9b1440.png77117c41a41648e2a54134fdec6eed43.png

I get most of your points, but I believe you overlook two important things. The first one is that he is used to winning, for which you can give me countless examples that it counts for nothing. The second one however is that he is a pri*k. He likes to get on the nerves of the opposition. I believe that while we are on transition, building our team and our style, it will be very beneficial to us to have a player like that.