Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

38 minutes ago, Maravel21 said:

who is he ? Haha

11 goals and 15 assists in 47 games in the Russian top division, not bad for a 19yo midfielder. 

Don't know the player at all but could be a good continuation of the plan to invest in top youth prospects after the signings of Chukwuemeka, Casadei and Slonina already done.

5 minutes ago, milka said:

Golovin was too good too in 2018 but today  i even don't know where he playing .... Monaco .

Golovin played in the Russian PL till he was 22 and only scored 9 and assisted another 9 in 81 games so I think this new guy seems a bigger talent than Golovin was at his best at a much younger age.

Golovin was good in the 2018 World Cup so he picked up some hype that maybe wasn't all justified. And from what I've seen and heard he's been decent for Monaco. Clearly not world class nor good enough for the elite clubs but a good player nonetheless.

7 hours ago, Jype said:

Golovin played in the Russian PL till he was 22 and only scored 9 and assisted another 9 in 81 games so I think this new guy seems a bigger talent than Golovin was at his best at a much younger age.

Golovin was good in the 2018 World Cup so he picked up some hype that maybe wasn't all justified. And from what I've seen and heard he's been decent for Monaco. Clearly not world class nor good enough for the elite clubs but a good player nonetheless.

I think golovin after World Cup he had a serious injury if I remember wright 

Jorge Mendes is working very hard to transfer Ronaldo to a CL team. Talks with Napoli resumed in the last few hours. This would only be possible if Mendes manages to bring an important offer for Osimhen. The same idea was also offered to Milan with Leao instead.

15 hours ago, Pizy said:

Why would he agree to come here for that role, though? May as well stay in beautiful, sunny Barcelona if he’s going to be in the bench most of the time.

Money

13 hours ago, Kong said:

auba may have lost his legs and that yard of pace but he's still a brilliant finisher

My gooner mate says Auba needs several chances to score one, like 5 to 1. Basically he needs a team that creates a lot of chances for the striker, we don't. He also says that Auba is made for a team playing on the counter, not possession. Everything I've heard of him or seen of him is the opposite of what we need in terms of how we play (slow positional possession football). I also refuse to read too much into his La Liga record, they don't do defending there.

I would be happy with him if he didn't get a 3 year contract and if his role would be an Eto'o or Drogba second stint - squad player and mentor for youngsters (not too sure about the mentoring part either because of his past with shit attitude).

The options behind Hakim Ziyech to replace Antony are from a much lower level. Either Chelsea will lower their price tag or another alternative from the same quality will have to be found. Otherwise Ajax won't sell Antony to United. 

Intrigued about the link to Zakharyan. I had heard of him before and was aware that he's highly rated in his country, and although you can't take too much from clips packages his comfort on both feet and vision/execution for a pass at his age do look impressive.

This is the sort of player I've championed the club to be targeting now for some time. We need to be looking to buy players who can immediately slot into the team, but we should also be looking at players who in another year or two with the right development could become extremely useful players for the squad. In the case of Gordon, the risk is far too high in my opinion with the price tag but if its correct that this deal looks like being around 15m euros, a couple of these I think are always worth taking a chance on if the scouting reports suggest. If he's not quite ready for the Chelsea first team, then give him a loan for a season to continue his development.

He is the sort of player you feel will otherwise end up at a Benfica or Monaco in a year's time and if he continues to develop bigger teams will be looking at him when he's 21/22 for 3-4x the price. Far too many times we've stumped up or been prepared to stump up big money on players who could have been obtained a year or two prior for a fraction of the price. This transfer market is now so competitive and so expensive that you have to give yourself every chance of making it work and finding advantages in it.

13 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Intrigued about the link to Zakharyan. I had heard of him before and was aware that he's highly rated in his country, and although you can't take too much from clips packages his comfort on both feet and vision/execution for a pass at his age do look impressive.

This is the sort of player I've championed the club to be targeting now for some time. We need to be looking to buy players who can immediately slot into the team, but we should also be looking at players who in another year or two with the right development could become extremely useful players for the squad. In the case of Gordon, the risk is far too high in my opinion with the price tag but if its correct that this deal looks like being around 15m euros, a couple of these I think are always worth taking a chance on if the scouting reports suggest. If he's not quite ready for the Chelsea first team, then give him a loan for a season to continue his development.

He is the sort of player you feel will otherwise end up at a Benfica or Monaco in a year's time and if he continues to develop bigger teams will be looking at him when he's 21/22 for 3-4x the price. Far too many times we've stumped up or been prepared to stump up big money on players who could have been obtained a year or two prior for a fraction of the price. This transfer market is now so competitive and so expensive that you have to give yourself every chance of making it work and finding advantages in it.

Though too early...but I can see the qualities of KDB in him...

4 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Though too early...but I can see the qualities of KDB in him...

A young KDB I agree. I see similarities to him and KDB when he was at Genk and then Bremen.

History isn't too kind to him, I can't think of too many Russian players that have lit up the bigger leagues in Europe, let alone the Premier League and even some of their better talents in recent years like Arshavin and Zhirkov have been nothing more than decent on these shores. In such a case moving from the Russian league at a younger age to develop elsewhere may be a good thing, who knows?