Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea join the race for Dayot Upamecano?

By Matt Law, Football Editor | 1m

Chelsea are reportedly considering launching a move for RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano.

The 21-year-old's existing deal with his German club is due to expire next summer, and it is understood that he can be signed for a fee in the region of £53m before the end of June.

A recent report claimed that Arsenal had beaten Manchester United to the signature of the France Under-21 international, who has made 27 Bundesliga appearances during the 2019-20 campaign.

However, according to The Athletic, the defender's future is still up in the air, and Chelsea could attempt to bring him to Stamford Bridge ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.

Frank Lampard's side, who are back in league action against the champions Manchester City on Thursday, have already agreed a deal with Leipzig to sign German forward Timo Werner this summer.

Versatile attacker Hakim Ziyech will also arrive at the club in the coming weeks as the Blues attempt to put together a squad capable of challenging for the Premier League title next season.

snip

Different Matt Law? :lol:

And again, people taking that Athletic bit on Upamecano out of context. :doh: 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea join the race for Dayot Upamecano?

By Matt Law, Football Editor | 1m

Chelsea are reportedly considering launching a move for RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano.

The 21-year-old's existing deal with his German club is due to expire next summer, and it is understood that he can be signed for a fee in the region of £53m before the end of June.

A recent report claimed that Arsenal had beaten Manchester United to the signature of the France Under-21 international, who has made 27 Bundesliga appearances during the 2019-20 campaign.

However, according to The Athletic, the defender's future is still up in the air, and Chelsea could attempt to bring him to Stamford Bridge ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.

Frank Lampard's side, who are back in league action against the champions Manchester City on Thursday, have already agreed a deal with Leipzig to sign German forward Timo Werner this summer.

Versatile attacker Hakim Ziyech will also arrive at the club in the coming weeks as the Blues attempt to put together a squad capable of challenging for the Premier League title next season.

snip

What's he like? I've only watched him a handful of times. He was fantastic one game and extremely rash the other times. Is he decent?

29 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

What's he like? I've only watched him a handful of times. He was fantastic one game and extremely rash the other times. Is he decent?

I do not want him, at least not at the crazy money I am hearing quoted

I think he is overrated to a point

I am sure I will get lit up but I am really hellbent on on an actual WC CB

Think Lampard truely wants to play in a Leipzig system which is 4-2-2-2 with Havertz, Ziyech as Attacking mids and Werner and Abraham up top. Again, depending on the game with the versatility we have,shift to 4-3-3,4-2-3-1,4-1-2-1-2 or even 3 at the back.

But yeah ....

EbHvRAbUMAE628Z?format=jpg&name=small

I do not want him, at least not at the crazy money I am hearing quoted

I think he is overrated to a point

I am sure I will get lit up but I am really hellbent on on an actual WC CB

He is better than what we have got and has high potential. Still raw and does mistakes once in a whike, but not every game like Rüdiger, AC and Tomori are doing. Also technically more comfortable and confident with the ball than Zouma. I am pretty sure Zouma and Upamecano could be a good and solid defense, especially for next season. I can't take AC and Rüdiger combo for much longer long. I still do not know how AC got back into the team. Complete mistery for me.

I have heard people in Germany say last year that Upamecano may be the best U21 defender in the world

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

He is better than what we have got and has high potential. Still raw and does mistakes once in a whike, but not every game like Rüdiger, AC and Tomori are doing. Also technically more comfortable and confident with the ball than Zouma. I am pretty sure Zouma and Upamecano could be a good and solid defense, especially for next season. I can't take AC and Rüdiger combo for much longer long. I still do not know how AC got back into the team. Complete mistery for me.

I have heard people in Germany say last year that Upamecano may be the best U21 defender in the world

Rudiger is our best CB atm

it really is that simple

AC has got to be sold

only type of CB who would work well with Zouma is a superb ball handler like Marquinhos or Giminez or the now too too to buy Iñigo Martínez

Tapsoba looks solid on the ball, and there is also Pau Torres (left footer too)

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I believe De Ligt & Konate have more higher ceiling than Upamecano.

Rudiger is our best CB atm
it really is that simple
AC has got to be sold
only type of CB who would work well with Zouma is a superb ball handler like Marquinhos or Giminez or the now too too to buy Iñigo Martínez
Tapsoba looks solid on the ball, and there is also Pau Torres (left footer too)
Zouma is defensively way more solid than Rüdiger. Technique wise Rüdiger is no David Luiz either. Overall better passer yes, but nothing like a ball playing defender should be. When you look at stats, Rüdiger seems to be a slightly better tackler, but Zouma makes more interceptions and clearances

Zouma and Upamecano can at least defend

Just now, killer1257 said:

It seems that he may be interested

Like other clubs/managers. But contrary to the silly reports that go about every day, no one has made any move yet. 

Like other clubs/managers. But contrary to the silly reports that go about every day, no one has made any move yet. 
You think that Lamps would say in a press conference that Chelsea made a bid on a player?

15 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You think that Lamps would say in a press conference that Chelsea made a bid on a player?

No but doesn't it back what the more reliable reports are saying? 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

No but doesn't it back what the more reliable reports are saying? 

Matt Law reported the price is the stumbling block, stop this already, reputable people have already said were in for him.