Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

20 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He turns 31 in June and one year left on contract. Plus COVID influence on prices...

This should be right price even coming from THE SUN.

And it is no brainer for us for this kind of money.

Also...

I think he wants Real/Barca so if they somehow fail we should at least try!

Barca makes the most sense for Alaba,  Jordi Alba is 32yo in 10 months, and Junior Firpo has not worked out in their system

Real is a possibility, as look 

Arsenal and Tottenham in talks with Real Madrid to sign Sergio Reguilon

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/29/arsenal-talks-real-madrid-sign-sergio-reguilon-12625888/

snip

And the report claims that Arsenal and Tottenham are two of the teams who have asked Madrid about the defender’s availability along with Borussia Dortmund and Paris Saint-Germain. It’s claimed that Arsenal’s interest in Reguilon could be linked with Bukayo Saka’s situation as the 18-year-old has not yet agreed a new contract with the club and his current deal is due to expire next summer.

snip

Real has Ferland Mendy, but Marcelo is gone, washed up, and they need another LB, although they may move for Saka or Rayan Aït Nouri

btw

Auba for £25 or £30m is a great price, he has 2 or 3 good years left, and lets us see if Tammy is actually the long term answer

50 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But if the club actually realized we need a cb, why would the club go out, buy a dm and shoehorn him in to cb instead of buying a proper bc right away?

Because it’s just paper talk. A DM doesn’t have the same positioning sense as an experienced CB.

I refuse to believe the club are satisfied with our CB’s. Especially after that Bayern showing and the amount of bloody shit goals we’ve conceded. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

But if the club actually realized we need a cb, why would the club go out, buy a dm and shoehorn him in to cb instead of buying a proper bc right away?

Rice often played at CB before, and I see him starting there eventually for the English national team, so I do not see it as a shoehorn move, but people are probably going to disagree.

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Because it’s just paper talk. A DM doesn’t have the same positioning sense as an experienced CB.

I refuse to believe the club are satisfied with our CB’s. Especially after that Bayern showing and the amount of bloody shit goals we’ve conceded. 

Rice has played at CB almost 50 times in the past 5 years.

West Ham star Declan Rice hints at possible future position change

https://tbrfootball.com/west-ham-star-declan-rice-hints-at-possible-future-position-change/

Declan Rice has suggested he could change positions at West Ham United in the future – or rather, revert back to a a role he once knew very well.

The 20-year-old has quietly established himself as one of the Premier League’s better holding midfield players in the space of the past year.

Rice has proven to be an effective defensive shield for the likes of Angelo Ogbonna, Issa Diop and Fabian Balbuena.

Before his days as a holding midfielder though, Rice was a central defender.

He told the Football Ramble podcast: “It’s a tough one. Because of my ability on the ball, I can play left foot, right foot, I’m big and strong so I can get about.

snip

Could West Ham's Declan Rice be the centre-back Chelsea need?

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/premier-league/could-west-hams-declan-rice-be-the-centre-back-chelsea-need/

Jamie Redknapp suggests West Ham ace Declan Rice could be switched back to a centre-back

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7569127/JAMIE-REDKNAPP-Declan-Rice-answer-defence-England.html

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rice has played at CB almost 50 times in the past 5 years.

So that equivilates him having the same positional sense as Romagnoli, Gabriel, or Upamecano? Because ‘he’s played there before’? Being a shield in front of the defence is a whole lot different than being the last man of defence. 

We are essentially risking a whole lot of money in the hopes Rice turns into the next Kompany. 

I think there is a good chance (foolish IMHO) that Lampard rates the 4 CB's we now have (plus maybe even Ampadu) so we end up making no moves

but if we do

these are the good options atm

I highly doubt we go (or even can go) truly WC

that group would be

Raphaël Varane   (would have to involve Kante somehow, and even then probably impossible, as he is the 2nd best CB in the world, after VVD IMHO)
José Giménez  (this might be a possibility, as perhaps we could work out a deal where we give AM £20m plus Morata for free, so they do not have to pay us for Morata) 
Kalidou Koulibaly  (too old now for what he would cost)
Marquinhos   (so doubt PSG will sell him)
Milan Skriniar    (my 2nd choice, but all the other giant clubs want him)
Alessio Romagnoli (is who I would go for, but, like I have said for 5 months or so, Mino Raiola is now his agent)

Dayot Upamecano   << perhaps off the table now

so let's forget those

Declan Rice has been discussed ad nauseum (and will cost a tonne)

so

this leaves a shedload of great younger options (my favourites are in bold)

Caglar Söyüncü (my 1st choice here, is on target to be WC, but Leicester will want insane cash)

Gabriel Magalhães (we have been linked a lot)     
Luiz Felipe (had a great year at Lazio)

Marash Kumbulla  (super on the ball, Albanian 20yo)

Edmond Tapsoba   (exploded onto the scene in the Bundesliga, he made first team despite not playing the whole year for Bayer Leverkusen, he bossed Håland)   
Merih Demiral (Juve though, although we should say screw Alex Sandro, if you want Emerson, cough him up, lol)

Mohammed Salisu  (Real Valladolid) very large upside, left-footed
Pau Torres (Pep loves him)

Unai Núñez (another one Pep likes)

Ozan Kabak

Ibrahima Konaté (injury has made it hard to judge him, but he has insane upside)

Rúben Dias  (too expensive)

Alessandro Bastoni     
Gianluca Mancini    

then some with issues (listed)

Stefan de Vrij (if Skriniar leaves, there is zero chance Inter sells him as well, plus he turns 29 in 9 months)
Éder Militão   (he is for sale, not convinced, he struggled at Real Madrid)
Diego Carlos   (great on the ball CB, but is very expensive and is  28yo in 10 months)   
Dan-Axel Zagadou   (HUGE player, 1.96m, I think might lack the pace we need)  
Presnel Kimpembe   (doubt PSG will sell him)
Issa Diop  (too expensive, and I think there are better options)
Ben White (deffo not sold on him yet)

Robin Koch tall 23yo German, do not think he is elite yet

teenagers:

Benoît Badiashile
Tanguy Kouassi    

14 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I think Nizaar and Law once mentioned CB isn't our main priority right now.

yes, that is why I preface a lot of my CB comments with 'I think Lampard fancies the 5 we have'

if you break it down to bare minimum that can possibly be done

it yields

CF Mertens

RW Ziyech only

LB probably Chilwell with Emerson out the door

nothing else done, hell we may renew the 39yo to be Willy as the only option for Kepa

and that Chilwell deal is so not a sure thing

we MIGHT take the swap deal, Emerson for Alex Sandro (pretty short term fix as he turns 30 in 9 months)

if those 3 are the only moves we make, the upcoming season may be a rough one

BUT I am pretty close to resigning myself to that is all we do

if we do not upgrade on Willy, that is a potential disaster, as Kepa may (I so hope not) completely self.destrect and Willy is dogshit at his age

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I think there is a good chance (foolish IMHO) that Lampard rates the 4 CB's we now have (plus maybe even Ampadu) so we end up making no moves

but if we do

these are the good options atm

I highly doubt we go (or even can go) truly WC

that group would be

Raphaël Varane   (would have to involve Kante somehow, and even then probaly impossible, as he is the 2nd best CB in the world, after VVD IMHO)
José Giménez  (this might be a possibility, as perhaps we could work out a deal where we give AM £30/35m plus Morata for free, so they do not have to pay us for Morata) 
Kalidou Koulibaly  (too old now for what he would cost)
Marquinhos   (so doubt PSG will sell him)
Milan Skriniar    (my 2nd choice, but all the other giant clubs want him)
Alessio Romagnoli (is who I would go for, but, like I have said for 5 months or so, Mino Raiola is now his agent)

Dayot Upamecano   << perhaps off the table now

so let's forget those

Declan Rice has been discussed ad nauseum (and will cost a tonne)

so

this leaves a shedload of great younger options (my favourites are in bold)

Caglar Söyüncü (my 1st choice here, is on target to be WC, but Leicester will want insane cash)

Gabriel Magalhães (we have been linked a lot)     
Luiz Felipe (had a great year at Lazio)

Marash Kumbulla  (super on the ball, Albanian 20yo)

Edmond Tapsoba   (exploded onto the scene in the Bundesliga, he made first team despite not playing the whole year for Bayer Leverkusen, he bossed Håland)   
Merih Demiral (Juve though, although we shoud say screw Alex Sandro, if you want Emerson, cough him up, lol)

Mohammed Salisu  
Pau Torres (Pep loves him)

Unai Núñez (another one Pep likes)

Ozan Kabak

Ibrahima Konaté (injury has made it hard to judge him, but he has insane upside)

Rúben Dias  (too expensive)

Alessandro Bastoni     
Gianluca Mancini    

then some with issues (listed)

Stefan de Vrij (if Skriniar leaves, there is zero chance Inter sells him as well, plus he turns 29 in 9 months)
Éder Militão   (he is for sale, not convinced, he struggled at Real Madrid)
Diego Carlos   (great on the ball CB, but is very expensive and is  28yo in 10 months)   
Dan-Axel Zagadou   (HUGE player, 1.96m, I think might lack the pace we need)  
Presnel Kimpembe   (doubt PSG will sell him)
Issa Diop  (too expensive, and I think there are better options)
Ben White (deffo not sold on him yet)

Robin Koch tall 23yo German, do not think he is elite yet

teenagers:

Benoît Badiashile
Tanguy Kouassi    

Just out of interest, how are you able to scout all these players? I watch a fair bit of PL, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 to varying degrees but I would have no chance of being able to make so any decisions on the players you've listed. 

I ask out of interest, as I consider myself to be pretty immersed in football from a fan point of view and spend a lot of my spare time watching the game but I come nowhere near the levels certainty you're able to attribute to players. 

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Just out of interest, how are you able to scout all these players? I watch a fair bit of PL, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 to varying degrees but I would have no chance of being able to make so any decisions on the players you've listed. 

I ask out of interest, as I consider myself to be pretty immersed in football from a fan point of view and spend a lot of my spare time watching the game but I come nowhere near the levels certainty you're able to attribute to players. 

I watch a lot of streaming games, and I download others, plus there are replay sites (often Russian). I will often watch a team featuring a player I am interested in, even if the game is not top class level. I also read a lot of blogs that often have videos up.

I also do not watch much under EPL level English football. I find it to be a waste of time.

Chelsea keen on making a move for world-class 27-year-old Bundesliga star

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2020/04/30/chelsea-keen-on-making-a-move-for-world-class-27-year-old-bundesliga-star/

Chelsea to make a move for Bayern Munich defender David Alaba

According to Spanish reporter Guillem Balague (h/t Sun), Chelsea have turned their attention to David Alaba to fill the position at left-back.

The Blues are in the market for just such a player and have already been linked with the likes of Alex Telles and Ben Chilwell. Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has been unimpressed by Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri, and has taken to playing Cesar Azpilicueta there, out of position. In a blow for us, Telles is close to a move to PSG while Chilwell will cost at least £50million.

Frank Lampard is a fan of David Alaba

Alaba is a versatile player who is also capable of playing at centre-back and defensive midfield. Having played in some of club football’s biggest games, the Austrian is a bonafide star who is a level above Telles or Chilwell.

According to the report, Lampard is interested in Alaba’s versatility and experience. His ability on the dead ball will be an added bonus.

snip

West Ham's transfer stance on Rice, Mertens to reject Chelsea

https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-rumours-mertens-rice-18173716

West Ham's Rice stance revealed

West Ham United are prepared to do everything within their power to fend off interest from Chelsea this summer as the Blues continue to be linked with a move for the midfielder.

Rice, who would have been hoping to assist England at this summer's European Championships had they not been called off because of the coronavirus pandemic, was released by the Blues at the age of 14 and has hinted at the possibility of returning to Stamford Bridge.

However, the Hammers are not keen on entertaining the idea of parting ways with the 21-year-old, who still has another four years left to run on his current contract at the London Stadium.

Mertens likely to stay put

Chelsea summer target Dries Mertens wants to remain at Napoli this summer.

That's according to HLN, who say the Belgian is reluctant to leave the Serie A outfit until he becomes the club's all-time leading scorer, breaking Marek Hamsik's record.

Mertens is level with Hamsik as things stand, on 121 goals, but he may not be able to break the record this season with the current campaign on hold.

Mertens is set to become a free agent this summer with his current deal set to expire.

However, he could yet pen a new deal, as long as Napoli give him the terms he wants.

La Gazzetta Dello Sport claim Mertens wants €7.5million (£6.3m) per year for two seasons, plus another €1m (£845,000) in performance-related bonuses.

snip

No idea what to believe here in terms of Mertens. Wish to hell he would have scored one more goal so that damn record did not come into play.