Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If season is called null and void will that change somehow our plans for the summer? 

I think only sure changes at the moment are:

Pedro out - Ziyach in.

Emerson out - new LB in (Chilwell, Alaba, Telles).

Willian out - new winger in (Sancho, Boga, Bailey).

And we will sign striker but situation is uncertain over Giroud and Michy. Giroud can sign new deal but Michy will leave. Not sure we can sell him, probably another loan and to lose him for free later.

Ok and new GK. But number one or number two is the question? 

That is it. Would not be surprised if we do not sign any central defender or midfielder...

I mean biggest question is about Kepa and Barkley? How can you drop/sell them after last two games?

41 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If season is called null and void will that change somehow our plans for the summer? 

I think only sure changes at the moment are:

Pedro out - Ziyach in.

Emerson out - new LB in (Chilwell, Alaba, Telles).

Willian out - new winger in (Sancho, Boga, Bailey).

And we will sign striker but situation is uncertain over Giroud and Michy. Giroud can sign new deal but Michy will leave. Not sure we can sell him, probably another loan and to lose him for free later.

Ok and new GK. But number one or number two is the question? 

That is it. Would not be surprised if we do not sign any central defender or midfielder...

I mean biggest question is about Kepa and Barkley? How can you drop/sell them after last two games?

I think we keep Kepa but buy another good keeper as well, in case he crashes out on a perm, for real basis

there are SO MANY options out there, but Oblak is a pipe dream, as even if we sold Kepa, that still means around a £250m total net outlay over 7 years for one position (starting keeper, when all net transfer costs and salaries are taken into account)  Alexander Nübel was snatched up by Bayern.

no clue on the rest of our moves, other than one of the LB's is surely gone (I want both gone, but I wager Alonso stays and we just give up and decide to eat most all of the resale value down the road versus the £45m or so we had on offer from RM in 2018) and upgraded upon (if not, we are well and truly fucked there)

the coronavirus pandemic has introduced far too much delta into it all to make truly educated positings

once again here are GK options

my top 15 (no true order, but bold are my 5 favourites)

André Onana   
Alex Meret  (doubt Napoli will sell him to us)  
Thomas Strakosha    
Predrag Rajkovic

Dean Henderson  (doubt Manure will sell him to us)
Ugurcan Cakir  
Sven Ulreich <<< great Caballero replacement, but not a number one
Odysseas Vlachodimos
Matvey Safonov   
Salvatore Sirigu  <<< great Caballero replacement, but not a number one
Martin Dubravka  
Mike Maignan
Koen Casteels
Pierluigi Gollini  
Aaron Ramsdale

25 other options (no order)

Samir Handanovic (if he was 28 or younger would be in my top 2 or 3, but he turns 36 in July, a superb shot stopper)
Pau López   
Kasper Schmeichel
Unai Simón    
David Soria   
Fernando Pacheco  
Tomas Vaclik  
Rui Patrício        
Péter Gulácsi    
Paul Bernardoni  
Emil Audero   
Juan Musso   
Alex Remiro 
Bartlomiej Dragowski    
Benjamin Lecomte  
Dominik Livakovic   
Alban Lafont   
Ionut Radu    
Nick Pope    
Marko Dmitrovic  
Yann Sommer    
Altay Bayindir   
Hendrik Van Crombrugge  
Ondrej Kolar    
Illan Meslier  

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Castles is a Manc loving cunt BUT I so approve of this IF true

superb price for a potential top 10 WC CB

Gabriel Magalhaes is 1.9m, pacy, grat on the ball, only 22

Everton have £30m offer accepted for Lille defender Gabriel ...Arsenal enter the running to sign Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes ...

I rate him too. Also left footed which we need. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

IT IS HAPPENING! WELCOME!

Just watched Youtube and I know it's never a great idea to judge a player off youtube but he looks shaky on the ball. Is he fast??

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Just watched Youtube and I know it's never a great idea to judge a player off youtube but he looks shaky on the ball. Is he fast??

Well for CB standards I guess you can say he's fast decently. 

Not sure what videos have you looked but imo he is very solid on the ball. Great long pass! 

I think we are looking for left footed CB. So if it's between him or Ake I would choose Gabriel. Gabriel is almost three years younger, 10cm taller 190cm>180cm (very important for CB and Ake's biggest problem). And is going to be cheaper. 

Tbh I was hoping we are going to sign world class CB. I mean just look what Van Dijk did for Liverpool. We all agreed that we have great squad depth and that from now on we need to sign only world class players. But club continues with their policy. Gabriel do have potential to be on that level one day. Ancelotti being interested in him is positive sign. I think Tomori goes on loan again. 

Don't know much about Gabriel but it appears he is highly rated. Whilst I wouldn't place it as an important reason to buy him, being left footed would help hopefully strike a better balance in the defence too.as it seems that everyone bar Tomori isn't comfortable with playing as the left sided centre back.

Personally if we're going for a top young centre back, I'd be all over Upamecano who looks a serious talent from the games I've seen but what I've read and heard about Gabriel seems very promising and the price again doesn't seem to be ridiculous.

I would assume the fall guy in this would be Zouma, especially if teams like Everton are after a centre back. I think we could sell him for a similar price (£30 - 40m) to what we're being quoted for Gabriel. I think with Zouma he's a good centre back but will never make a great centre back. I'd far rather trust having Zouma in my team for an extended run of games than other teams options like Lovren, Phil Jones, Mustafi, etc but I don't think he'll ever be a level to be a permanent first choice centre back for a side who's aspirations are top 4 and/or challenging for the title.

With the keeper situation, I struggle to see a scenario where we can sell Kepa without making a substantial loss on him. I also don't see us bringing in a keeper to compete with him for big money unless there was an absolute steal available. I'd love to see if we could take advantage of Henderson's contract situation at United but I've a feeling United will give him a big raise and allow him to go back to Sheffield United for one more season on loan before coming back to replace De Gea. If Kepa remains and essentially is first choice by default, one player I think would be worth a look at next season is Ben Foster. His contract I believe is up so he'd be a free transfer and he would present a solid, experienced alternative to put a bit more pressure on Kepa. I think Lampard would have more confidence in him too than Caballero.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Reckon it would be Zouma gone. 

especially as GM was a huge Everton target

surely we can get £40m or so for Zouma, he has 5 prime years left at least, he is only 25yo, Brighton wants £40m for Lewis Dunk who is 29yo in November

in the right system he can be a very good EPL centre backback, he just is not a Lamps style player