Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

@Vesper, is that you!?

Yes, but I have had an epiphany off some talks to my father and his friends, and I am very pessimistic we spend big big big anymore. My transfer posts since then have been far reduced to what I think we will actually do.

Also, this turn of events with Sancho and his shit attitude worries me.

I am trying to be far more pragmatic from now on. The only huge wish I have as an absolute must is Chilwell. Another poster told me that Malang Sarr is nit playing great overall as a LB, and many think Alex Telles is either too old or not good enough (I am sceptical of both, but I do not see links from us to him) and Gaya is 100m release clause, so my options (unless we drop 60m euros on Grimaldo) are up in smoke if we miss out on Chilwell.

I have no idea what we do at RW or CF if we miss out on Werner (only reason he is in the mix is that 25m release clause).

Zaha links are high but my dog, he is NoT worth 80m, nowhere near that.

I do think we go for Áke as well, and not even attempt Romagnoli or Konate. Nor do I think we drop £51m on Camavinga (Rennes price).

So my summer window wants are up in smoke, and I can only truly hope we get Chilwell. Áke I can live with, just worried about his lack of height, but as some said, he has huge leaping ability and he is great on the ball. He is an upgrade over AC IMHO. Hell maybe he goes WC.

If we bang Palace down to £60m, get Chilwell for £70m and sell AC for same we buy Áke for, that is only £130m net spend from all that. Surely that leaves enough to grab a decent CF if we miss out on Werner.

I think that (and maybe a new backup keeper) is the extent of the business we do. All the other 100's of millions is sales will go to debt service or simply pulled out as net operating profits.

At least that is where I stand atm. I think I am being pretty realistic. 

I actually don't think Sancho will be as pricey as people think. Don't think anyone would pay anywhere near 100m for him. Even a desperate club like United. Even a club with infinite money like City wouldnt.

He'll probably go for €70-80m because he'll kick up a fuss and Dortmund will want him out. And for that price I'd love him here. Pedro out, Sancho in.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I actually don't think Sancho will be as pricey as people think. Don't think anyone would pay anywhere near 100m for him. Even a desperate club like United. Even a club with infinite money like City wouldnt.

He'll probably go for €70-80m because he'll kick up a fuss and Dortmund will want him out. And for that price I'd love him here. Pedro out, Sancho in.

No chance Dortmund sell him that cheap, i mean Dembele did even gone AWOL in order to forced the move to Barca and still costed them more than €100M.

37 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Worth remembering that Dortmund sold Dembele to Barcelona for 105 million euros plus a reported 40 million euros add-ons, despite him causing major trouble. So it’s not beyond a possibility that Dortmund will demand over 100 million for Sancho, especially when he has that English player factor as well.

I am torn on Sancho. Currently, he is still performing as one of the top AM's in the world when based on stats and everyone still needs to remember he is just 19. For me he has massive potential and could end up in Robben territory in regards to ability. 

As for his current attitude, I am of the opinion he has been tapped up. For me, the way he is acting now seems text book 'how to engineer a move away from your club'. Imo, he is angling for a move in Jan and definitely wants out by Summer. 

As for whether we should go for him is open to question. Currently, I list our most important areas to improve as: 2CF, LB, CB, AM and CM (GK should really be on the list too but as Kepa somehow cost 72 large ones that is not going to happen.) AM is so low down the list because if we could pull off Werner (which has got to be the biggest no brainer deal since Kante) or a similar type signing that would leave us with a AM cohort of: Puli, CHO, Werner/CF2 and Willian (with an extension.) That for me, would make that area of the squad pretty strong and much more than other areas. That said, if Werner is not possible, then I think we should be looking closely at Sancho as his potential is very high. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Worth remembering that Dortmund sold Dembele to Barcelona for 105 million euros plus a reported 40 million euros add-ons, despite him causing major trouble. So it’s not beyond a possibility that Dortmund will demand over 100 million for Sancho, especially when he has that English player factor as well.

For sure. Sancho will command a £95-130m price. I mean Puli cost us close to £60m and he was almost in his final year. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I did actually completely forget about that. So yeah, I think that rules us out of the running. Can't see us paying near that much for any player.

Just now, Pizy said:

I did actually completely forget about that. So yeah, I think that rules us out of the running. Can't see us paying near that much for any player.

I can, especially if/when the time comes we only need one player as opposed to a few.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I can, especially if/when the time comes we only need one player as opposed to a few.

Oh, I certainly think the club would have him here in a heartbeat. But for 100m? That's the sort of money a club spends for a potential world beater. Question the board has to ask themselves is if Sancho is really worth that much more than the next best RW target.

I admittedly haven't seen enough to say.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Well we did drop £72m on Kepa, so I am not so certain a £100m transfer is out of the question. 

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well we did drop £72m on Kepa, so I am not so certain a £100m transfer is out of the question. 

100 million+ is still way more than 72 million though. If we're going to spend that much on someone, it should be for someone in their peak, a proven quality and can come in and make a difference immediately.

I don't know if it's because of the transfer ban but if reports are to be believed, then the price tag may be a reason why we haven't made contact with Dortmund for Sancho when other big clubs are already circling for him. 

22 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Our hand was pretty much forced in that situation due to Courtois being a massive rat. 

I just think Chelsea is now a club where we don't shop from the absolute highest bracket anymore and look for players who at most cost £50-60m. I think the Pulisic & Morata level is the most we'll go to in normal circumstances. I think Kepa was an extreme outlier.

Happy or be proved wrong, of course.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Oh, I certainly think the club would have him here in a heartbeat. But for 100m? That's the sort of money a club spends for a potential world beater. Question the board has to ask themselves is if Sancho is really worth that much more than the next best RW target.

I admittedly haven't seen enough to say.

I think if Frank is adamant he wants him or any expensive player he'd be backed with the transfer fee under the conditions he comprises elsewhere, ie if he really wants Sancho he can have him but he has to promote a youth player or get a cheaper option at LB. I feel if the club do find issues it will instead be wage structure, while i feel we will pay upto 300k a week i think we will be very reluctant to go into Alexis territortry unless it's for a guarantee'd hit like Mbappe.

Regarding Sancho it's a bit of a head vs heart battle for me. The romantic in me's saying absolutely yes but my head feels we have far too many players at a young age that we need a more experienced option to properly take the next step.

I'm pretty sure most here would've said no to Mbappe as well because of the pricetag and look how that turned out, he is an absolute bargain now. Sancho will most likely be the same and if he ends up at United we only have ourselves to blame.

30 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I'm pretty sure most here would've said no to Mbappe as well because of the pricetag and look how that turned out, he is an absolute bargain now. Sancho will most likely be the same and if he ends up at United we only have ourselves to blame.

For me its a pointless comparison. Kylian Mbappe is a once in a generation player who is already so far ahead of Sancho, who has delivered on the biggest stage in world football, the world cup. Plus he has never displayed any sort of attitude issues, been fined for being late, subbed off by manager for poor team contribution in a derby game or took the huff/felt he was scapegoated because of that sub... I can see why people wouldn't be worried about his pricetag because he has no baggage to go with the fact hes already an unbelieavle player. Sancho is a good player but has already slowed down from last season and looks like he will be trying to force a move already with all this bullshit he has come up in the last while.