Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Jase

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Either City or Liverpool beat the Everton side out there today 8-0. We struggled mightily to score 1.

If it wasn’t apparent already this confirmed it. We’re nowhere near ready for the title. Not only did we drop points at home to a relegation area team, but we did so when they played a team full of teenagers.

Worst result BY FAR under TT and one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

I think if you decimated Liverpool and City's midfield and attacking options they'd find it significantly more difficult to break down a team prepared to sit in and camp 11 men behind the ball.

We showed when we held Liverpool at bay with 10 men how difficult it can be to break a team down so deep, and with the lack of options tonight it was always going to be difficult to do so I felt. I think this is the type of game we actually bought Lukaku for where we could push a ball into him through the centre, or get wide and spam crosses into the box. With Pulisic the central striker it left us far too one dimensional against a side setting up like that. 

What is unforgiveable however is having finally taken the lead, we've blown it within a couple of minutes with a comedy of errors leading to a free kick and then woeful marking for that set piece. 

The worry is, if we have to play this weekend with these options, I don't see us winning.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Give it a few weeks, we will have gone from a title challenge to a battle for Top 4. 

Embarrassing. Every shape imaginable. Signing Lukaku is just the pinnacle of a season that was doomed from the start. 

I think we're there now.. we aint catching Liverpool or City. They don't drop points lately..we however do easily. We're not in the title race we don't have the quality to go all the way! 

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Again...Arsenal are think 8 behind now.. Man U 10 but a game in hand..looks big now but we keep dropping points each week....urghhh what was that?! No urgency.. you couldn't see a goal coming. And like said we won last min last week but from a penalty..not the same as scoring scoring. We can't score!

We've had the same issue for seasons now. If a team is well organised, we're done. Lack of star quality to inspire us also plays it's part.

To think we play Wolves, a team that Liverpool & City could only mustered a single goal against. Hope it's cancelled.