• Werner
    • Havertz
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Silva (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

24 minutes ago, milka said:
The last time Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012...

-  Young manager  fired  after poor  run of results
-  Beat portuguese  team in Quarter - Final  ( then Benfica now Porto : big rivals in their county)
-   Played  Spanish team in Semi - Final (then Barcelona now Real Madrid: big rivals in their country ) 
-   Lost to WBA
-    Antonio Conte won the Scudetto 
-  Man U was been eliminated  from CL 

It's Destiny.

7 hours ago, milka said:
The last time Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012...

-  Young manager  fired  after poor  run of results
-  Beat portuguese  team in Quarter - Final  ( then Benfica now Porto : big rivals in their county)
-   Played  Spanish team in Semi - Final (then Barcelona now Real Madrid: big rivals in their country ) 
-   Lost to WBA
-    Antonio Conte won the Scudetto 
-  Man U was been eliminated  from CL 

Aye people thinking that 2012 will repeat itself (really was1 in a million despite AVB telling the players at the beginning of the season we would win the CL apparently) already before the QF 2nd leg are definitely tempting fate.

I am not confident about playing Porto 2nd leg never mind Real Madrid or Liverpool afterwards... 2 away goals would normally be comfortable but if the performance this weekend is shite and we play like we did in the first leg for the majority of it... it will be close.

Tuchel may have gotten to a CL final last season too which is maybe why people are also jumping on this. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Aye people thinking that 2012 will repeat itself (really was1 in a million despite AVB telling the players at the beginning of the season we would win the CL apparently) already before the QF 2nd leg are definitely tempting fate.

I am not confident about playing Porto 2nd leg never mind Real Madrid or Liverpool afterwards... 2 away goals would normally be comfortable but if the performance this weekend is shite and we play like we did in the first leg for the majority of it... it will be close.

Tuchel may have gotten to a CL final last season too which is maybe why people are also jumping on this. 

We need to start scoring goals. Wener. Havertz and Ziyech need go step up big time in order for us to win this CL. I just can't see it happening.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we somehow manage to bugger up the Porto tie they'll likely be many reasons for it but I'm pretty confident in saying that people discussing the possibility of winning it won't be one of them.

It's an unavoidable by-product at this stage, part of the fun of this competition is the dreaming side of it.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Come on now, not confident about playing Porto? First of all, WBA game aside we conceded just 2 goals under Tuchel in 15 games. And one is own goal. And you are concerned about Porto? Team that would finish in bottom half of PL. Palace seems better team tbh.

We have every right to jump on this because this is CL. Everything can happen. And btw according to bookmakers before 1st leg we were 3rd favorites to win CL after City and Bayern.

Why should not we be confident against Real or Liverpool? We beat Pool a couple of weeks ago and just comfy won twice against 1st place team in LaLiga. Real is 3rd. Like I said, everything can happen but after draw it was clear that we have open path to the final.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

We need to start scoring goals. Wener. Havertz and Ziyech need go step up big time in order for us to win this CL. I just can't see it happening.

Theoretically we can win CL without scoring a goal just PK shoutouts 😄

Players mentioned did step up in 2nd leg against Atletico and they should be ably to score a goal or two. It is essential we continue keeping clean sheets.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Come on now, not confident about playing Porto? First of all, WBA game aside we conceded just 2 goals under Tuchel in 15 games. And one is own goal. And you are concerned about Porto? Team that would finish in bottom half of PL. Palace seems better team tbh.

We have every right to jump on this because this is CL. Everything can happen. And btw according to bookmakers before 1st leg we were 3rd favorites to win CL after City and Bayern.

Why should not we be confident against Real or Liverpool? We beat Pool a couple of weeks ago and just comfy won twice against 1st place team in LaLiga. Real is 3rd. Like I said, everything can happen but after draw it was clear that we have open path to the final.

Theoretically we can win CL without scoring a goal just PK shoutouts 😄

Players mentioned did step up in 2nd leg against Atletico and they should be ably to score a goal or two. It is essential we continue keeping clean sheets.

Technically scoring a penalty is scoring a goal. 😏🤐😬

On 08/04/2021 at 15:47, Mana said:

It's not over yet for Liverpool...a 2-0 victory would see them through. But they have to play a lot better than they did in the 1st leg.

If Madrid score first though, it's curtains.

That's it I don't know why they've been written off..a bit different this season but they've shown shown in this competition they're capable of comebacks. Got a away goal and all sooo. Any crap can happen.