• Barkley
    • Havertz
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Chilwell (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

This isn't news but last night's game highlights the need for another defensive midfielder because when Kante doesn't play, there is literally no one else in the team with a defensive brain in them. We were somewhat fortunate that Barnsley were useless when they got into the final third but they played through our midfield way too easily at times last night. 
Id give the kante, kovacic pivot a few games to gel. See if they can work. Silva and Chilwell will both help the build up from the back which should take some pressure of Kante and if Kai plays a 10 he can drop deep too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Id give the kante, kovacic pivot a few games to gel. See if they can work. Silva and Chilwell will both help the build up from the back which should take some pressure of Kante and if Kai plays a 10 he can drop deep too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It would be okay when we have Kante but when we don't? That is where we will have problems from a defensive point of view and we can't even feel near 100% assured that he will stay fit all season. 

3 minutes ago, Azul said:

Jorginhi didn't feature this game, does that mean that Lampard sees him as a starter over Kovacic? If so then he's making a huge mistake.

Think Lampard wanted to give game time to Kovacic. Jorginho played the first two games while Kovacic played only one of them due to his suspension.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think Lampard wanted to give game time to Kovacic. Jorginho played the first two games while Kovacic played only one of them due to his suspension.

Let's hope so, I never want to see the Jorginho-Kova-Kante partnership again.

30 minutes ago, Azul said:

Jorginho didn't feature this game, does that mean that Lampard sees him as a starter over Kovacic? If so then he's making a huge mistake.

No. I like Jorginho but in our ideal 4-2-3-1 system this season I never put him in starting lineup.

I agree with others that we need physical DM. Basically what Pool have in Fabinho, Real in Casemiro... But I am afraid that Rice is not the answer.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

No. I like Jorginho but in our ideal 4-2-3-1 system this season I never put him in starting lineup.

I agree with others that we need physical DM. Basically what Pool have in Fabinho, Real in Casemiro... But I am afraid that Rice is not the answer.

Fully agree, Zakaria would be a good option tbh. Cheaper and more talented.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's official. We play Spurs next Tuesday after they were given a 'bye' against Leyton Orient.

So, Spurs are gonna play this Sunday, next Tuesday and then Thursday...

Spurs have 4 games in 8 games...

Sept 27 - Newcastle (H)
Sept 30 - Chelsea (H)
Oct 1 - Maccabi Haifa (H)
Oct 4 - Man United (A)

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Spurs have 4 games in 8 games...

Sept 27 - Newcastle (H)
Sept 30 - Chelsea (H)
Oct 1 - Maccabi Haifa (H)
Oct 4 - Man United (A)

Unless Mou is that desperate to get one over on us/Frank you can imagine him playing the youth team for it.