Hakim Ziyech

Jase

Saw him in a compilation of best long range shooters in 2020.

Is he pretty consistent with long shots? Would like to see him in a more central number 8 role at least few times if that's the case. Regular long range goals from midfield are something I've not seen from Chelsea in a long time

On 20.12.2020 at 8:27 AM, Blue Armour said:

Saw him in a compilation of best long range shooters in 2020.

Is he pretty consistent with long shots? Would like to see him in a more central number 8 role at least few times if that's the case. Regular long range goals from midfield are something I've not seen from Chelsea in a long time

Consistent is not the word i would use. He took a fairly large number of shots at ajax, sth like 7 per game even from positions where there were multiple teammates ahead of him. i am quite happy he cut that from his game a bit but if deployed deeper he might get into more auspicious positions.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

https://twitter.com/SeunMobolaji/status/1344308490265833475?s=19

Agree with that guy. Have said similar things over the past couple of days.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I guess this is what you wanted to post.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I guess this is what you wanted to post.

I do agree with this assessment. It isn't even necessarily the ability of Ziyech that we're missing (although he is a big creative outlet for us), it's the fact that he is prepared to assume responsibility. He has an incredible amount of self-confidence and a touch of arrogance about his play that gives off an aura. It's a small sample size currently but his presence does seem to lift the rest of the team and players around him, almost Cantona-esque.

There will be games where things don't come off and he'll look really poor (the Spurs game springs to mind), but it's a big thing that it seemingly doesn't faze him, and all it sometimes takes is getting one of those passes or shots right out of 5 or 6 that wins a game.

It's quite a poor position to be in that nobody else in the team seems to be prepared to take that level of responsibility on in his absence. You'd like to think the likes of Havertz, Pulisic, Mount, etc will do over time and with experience. 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I do agree with this assessment. It isn't even necessarily the ability of Ziyech that we're missing (although he is a big creative outlet for us), it's the fact that he is prepared to assume responsibility. He has an incredible amount of self-confidence and a touch of arrogance about his play that gives off an aura. It's a small sample size currently but his presence does seem to lift the rest of the team and players around him, almost Cantona-esque.

There will be games where things don't come off and he'll look really poor (the Spurs game springs to mind), but it's a big thing that it seemingly doesn't faze him, and all it sometimes takes is getting one of those passes or shots right out of 5 or 6 that wins a game.

It's quite a poor position to be in that nobody else in the team seems to be prepared to take that level of responsibility on in his absence. You'd like to think the likes of Havertz, Pulisic, Mount, etc will do over time and with experience. 

A manager who builds a team only around ONE player is a bad manager. #justsayin

A manager who builds a team only around ONE player is a bad manager. #justsayin
We did that with Hazard too, more or less.
Under Mou, we won the title in the second season and if you remember, our second part of the season was horrible. Costa and Cesc were not performing well, but Hazard carried us into the title. Many people say Mourinho is a WC coach. We were essentially a one man offense in the second part of the season. #justsayin

Cesc by the way is much better than our current midfielders from an passing point of view. But we had that debate recently.

Maybe in Conte's first season, we were not a one man team, but under Sarri, we were for sure a one man offense. Maybe sometimes Ruben was also helping Eden, but 32 scorers is a one man team for sure.

Just now, killer1257 said:

We did that with Hazard too, more or less.
Under Mou, we won the title in the second season and if you remember, our second part of the season was horrible. Costa and Cesc were not performing well, but Hazard carried us into the title. Many people say Mourinho is a WC coach. We were essentially a one man offense in the second part of the season. #justsayin

Cesc by the way is much better than our current midfielders from an passing point of view. But we had that debate recently.

Maybe in Conte's first season, we were not a one man team, but under Sarri, we were for sure a one man offense. Maybe sometimes Ruben was also helping Eden, but 32 scorers is a one man team for sure.

GO. FUCKING. AWAY.