• Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Lamptey (sub)

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Yew Wilkins was n't.
But during Mexico Ossie had a broken leg. Did n't he ?

He broke his leg in '66 I believe. People who saw him then said he was never the same afterward. It may be so but I've seen many, many, many examples of people blaming their initial overrating of a player on a convenient injury rather than face up to their own misjudgement, so it might also be that. There were only two Chelsea players in the 1970 squad so I'm 100% sure Ossie was out there. (Now checked and he played twice in Mexico, both times as a sub.)

A glimpse of The King before the leg break.

20 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He broke his leg in '66 I believe. People who saw him then said he was never the same afterward. It may be so but I've seen many, many, many examples of people blaming their initial overrating of a player on a convenient injury rather than face up to their own misjudgement, so it might also be that. There were only two Chelsea players in the 1970 squad so I'm 100% sure Ossie was out there. (Now checked and he played twice in Mexico, both times as a sub.)

A glimpse of The King before the leg break.

looooove the finishing line....

'And so Chelsea knock Liverpool out of the FA Cup!' :wub:

make it so again!!!

btw, the pitch was just pure mud, it is crazy how poor the playing surfaces were back then

41 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

As Greavsie said Ossie did play at the world cup 70. Absolute travesty picking Geoff Astle instead of Ossie we definitely wouldn't have lost to Germany with Ossie playing. He broke his leg about 66 not absolutely sure of the year but I do know that scouse prick Emlyn Hughes was standing over him laughing while Ossie was in agony.

See the source image

Osgood's broken leg was suffered in a challenge by Blackpool's Emlyn Hughes in the League Cup on 5 October 1966.

more general highlights

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

As Greavsie said Ossie did play at the world cup 70. Absolute travesty picking Geoff Astle instead of Ossie we definitely wouldn't have lost to Germany with Ossie playing. He broke his leg about 66 not absolutely sure of the year but I do know that scouse prick Emlyn Hughes was standing over him laughing while Ossie was in agony.

See the source image

Yep wasn't it agains't blackpool before the scouse cunt went to victimpool