• Pedro
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Rumblings of Pellegrini being on the verge of the sack for being so poor and they've conceded goals for fun (even more so than we have :D) so this is a must win. 

Curious to see who starts for us up top since Tammy will likely be rested.

Any updates on Tammy? Let's hope there is nothing in the scans that he waz supposed to have today.

17 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

And what did Mason offer the last couple of Matches? World class goals?World class dribblings? World class Shooting skills?
Mason needs to get into a better form before he can kick out any of our midfield three.
Me personally would think that a in form RLC would do great in this Team or a Mount in a better form and this would solve our lack of goals, but one is injured and the other out of form

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

It's about the team balance, if our 4 CB's were the most inform players would you try and shoehorn all 4 in? Mason may not be at his best right now but he offers an extra dimension to not only our attack but off the ball pressing that those 3 simply don't (consistently). We were attacking with one less threat in Valencia and it showed, we were relying on Pulisic to counjuer up magic the way we were Hazard last season (when those 3 played).

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

The problems with that midfield three won't go away just because Sarri's gone, they're's simply not enough threat in the final 3rd with them all on.

I agree Kovacic has to play against West Ham but it shouldn't be Mason making way.

In the first half we had 5 great chances yesterday and three came from Kante and Kovacic x2. But yeah I would start Mount on Saturday anyway because of rotation. Btw Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante scored 8 goals this season and shared 4 assists. I don't think any midfield in top6 have better numbers. I'm happy we have so many options there, especially when Ruben is back :clap:

Has to be Giroud for me. Bats is dreadful when he starts.

He's always good for a late cameo against tiring opponents because he's usually pretty sharp in and around the box, but you could even see against Valencia when he came on earlier than usual that he struggled.

Pulisic, Mount and Willian are all very capable of getting a couple of goals and I think would link better around Giroud.

It does go to show though how important Tammy has made himself this season because we look distinctly weaker having to try and replace him when absent.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Maybe it's just me but Lampard didn't seem to be in entirely good mood in his presser earlier. Still answered the questions in usual manner though. 

I felt the same after the City post match.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I felt the same after the City post match.

TBF, I highly doubt he's the only Chelsea person to not be in good mood after that match. 

Hope it's just one of those normal bad moods and nothing terrible here. 

So, any big injuries or suspensions for WH? What kind of lineup is expected? Haven't watched them since the beginning of the season when they were actually decent. All I know is that Pellegrini is now on the verge of being sacked.

No idea if I should expect a more open team that's easy to score against or if they're one of those sides that defends deep and will be super frustrating.