• Gilmour
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

In general, not sure how much I'd care about the result here but it would be great to beat United. We haven't beaten Solskjaer's United in 3 attempts! Fail to do so again and this would enter the Conte v Wenger territory.

I'd actually say a better comparison would be our record against Kenny's Liverpool (W1 L4)

A crap manager with a crap team yet somehow kept getting results against us.

Just now, Tomo said:

I'd actually say a better comparison would be our record against Kenny's Liverpool (W1 L4)

A crap manager with a crap team who somehow kept getting results against us.

Might argue that we were a bit crap during that period too. Looking back, wouldn't trade that sole win for any of the losses!

---------Willy-----------

James--Tomori--Guehi--Emerson

----------Kova-----Gilmour-------------

CHO-------Mount------Pulisic

-------------Michy--------

Plus some minutes for Pedro, Giroud and someone young - Anjorin, Maathsen (maybe Rudi if fit) from the bench.

United's 18-man travelling squad vs Chelsea
Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero, Lee Grant

Defenders: Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Ashley Young, Brandon Williams

Midfielders: Fred, James Garner, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard

Forwards: Daniel James, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial

They are coming to win, thats their best team bare ddg and pogba. Play youth only and we will lose. This is their best chance of a trophy this season. We cant afford to slag off. And Rudi and Kante, wtf man? Will they ever be ready Again this year?                                             

29 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

And Rudi and Kante, wtf man? Will they ever be ready Again this year?                                             

N'Golo Kante and Antonio Rudiger spotted in Chelsea training ahead of Burnley trip

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/kante-rudiger-chelsea-injury-news-17151855

probably in the next two weeks or so, but that is a guess

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

N'Golo Kante and Antonio Rudiger spotted in Chelsea training ahead of Burnley trip

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/kante-rudiger-chelsea-injury-news-17151855

Seems like forever Vesper.......2 of our best players to boot. We will click and gel for real once we a full squad. Them 2 along with Emerson and Cheek is a huge boost.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I hope Lamps lets both of them sit out the next international break starting Nov 9 as well. Otherwise they will probably come back with aggravated injuries.

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I hope Lamps lets both of them sit out the next international break starting Nov 9 as well. Otherwise they will probably come back with aggravated injuries.

I don't think that's Lampard's decision to make unfortunately. If their countries want to call them up then they have such rights I understand.

There seems to be a bit of tension between Lampard and Deschamps over Kante, so even if he hasn't played for us since the last break he could still decide to be a bit of a dick and call him up.

17 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think that's Lampard's decision to make unfortunately. If their countries want to call them up then they have such rights I understand.

There seems to be a bit of tension between Lampard and Deschamps over Kante, so even if he hasn't played for us since the last break he could still decide to be a bit of a dick and call him up.

Yup but Deschamps has no interest in burning Kante for meaningless games. Also why should he call up a player who has not features in weeks and is thus not match fit? Would be really stupid but then again it is Deschamps

Feeling mixed about this game. On one hand, I want us to win and get revenge for that dumb 4-0 loss back in August as well as continue our progress in our League Cup because the domestic cup competitions are arguably our best chance of winning silverware this season. It would be nice for the team, especially the young players, to get one over a big side (regardless of United's fortunes) - which we haven't done yet this season and even if it's just in the League Cup - and potentially win a trophy (that first one is always very important). But on the other hand, if we progress further, it means we will have more games to contend with - in this case, another game to add into the hectic December month - and it's only the League Cup (a bit contradicting, I know), where it feels like the Community Shield these days - you'll feel great if you win it but can't be too bothered if you don't.