Chilwell and Cucurella blocking him

one or both (regardless of Maatsen) needs to be sold

Chilwell only if he simply cannot stay heathy

if he can stay healthy, then it is CuCu who needs to go, he is borderline shit

• 3 months later...
On 27/05/2023 at 12:40, lucio said:

Chilwell is very limited and cucarella is awful , id sell both 

CuCu needs to go,

but unless we buy Nuno Mendes (who will not come here, I wager he is Real or Citeh bound soon) or maybe (he has slumped though and will not come here) Alphonso Davies

we should not sell Chilwell

the 2 best fullbacks in the world no longer play fullback (Kimmich as RB and Saka as LB) and likely never will again

after them the only truly WC fullbacks who will be under 30yo next season (robertson turns 30yo this coming winter)

are

RB Reece James    (when fully healthy)
LB Nuno Mendes
RB Achraf Hakimi
LB Alphonso Davies   (if he regains form)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DDA said:

Expecting a big season from this lad. Can see him becoming an integral part of our squad. 

I think it’ll be interesting to see if Poch uses him as a LB in the PL ahead of Cucurella at times when we swap/rotate out Chilly. Not seen all the pre-season games he played a lot further forward in some of them I seen. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think it’ll be interesting to see if Poch uses him as a LB in the PL ahead of Cucurella at times when we swap/rotate out Chilly. Not seen all the pre-season games he played a lot further forward in some of them I seen. 

He was playing in an attacking role In every single one of those games. I think Potch did that knowing we already had 3 players in the LB position when counting Hall. He was really good in the advance role.. he actually looked pretty decent in a central attacking role but we do have Chukwumeka there also and I do believe Potch may try to use Chukwumenka in a similar way to how he used Dele Ali at Spurs.

Edited by DDA

1 minute ago, DDA said:

He was playing in an attacking role In every single one of those games. I think Potch did that knowing we already had 3 players in the LB position when counting Hall. He was really good in the advance role.. he actually looked pretty decent in a central attacking role but we do have Chukwumeka there also and I do believe Potch may try to use Chukwumenka in a similar way to how he used Dele Ali at Spurs.

Perhaps. I think there was a huge clamouring for him to get a shot at LB after his season at Burnley but I don’t know was that more because Cucurella struggled or if he actually done well enough there to look like he could cut if as a LB for us.

Although then again, last summer folk were saying Cucurella was a pretty good signing and we had the 2 best LB options in the PL so just shows how fickle football can be 😂 I still think with a bit of coaching and confidence he will be a pretty good wee player for us here but his price tag was always too high. But Boehly’s to blame for that.

If Maatsen plays in attacking positions then maybe it means we will see Hall if Cucurella struggles. Be nice to see how it unfolds at LB actually because I think having the likes of Maatsen, Hall and Cucurella to compete with Chilwell, although all may not necessarily just be restricted to playing as a LB, it gives Poch a nice headache. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps. I think there was a huge clamouring for him to get a shot at LB after his season at Burnley but I don’t know was that more because Cucurella struggled or if he actually done well enough there to look like he could cut if as a LB for us.

Although then again, last summer folk were saying Cucurella was a pretty good signing and we had the 2 best LB options in the PL so just shows how fickle football can be 😂 I still think with a bit of coaching and confidence he will be a pretty good wee player for us here but his price tag was always too high. But Boehly’s to blame for that.

If Maatsen plays in attacking positions then maybe it means we will see Hall if Cucurella struggles. Be nice to see how it unfolds at LB actually because I think having the likes of Maatsen, Hall and Cucurella to compete with Chilwell, although all may not necessarily just be restricted to playing as a LB, it gives Poch a nice headache. 

Players like Matseen and Hall are a win win considering their flexibility in a positional sense. These players are the perfect squad players considering their ability is actually extremely high and enough to even nail down a starting position. That's the level we need to maintain at this club.

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Players like Matseen and Hall are a win win considering their flexibility in a positional sense. These players are the perfect squad players considering their ability is actually extremely high and enough to even nail down a starting position. That's the level we need to maintain at this club.

Hall is off to Palace. 

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Hall is off to Palace. 

Palace is a strange move for him, don’t see him starting there immediately at LB or at CM.

Did hear rumblings he was linked as part of any deal for Olise but does look like its going to a loan.

If he plays though, Hodgson be a good manager to give him a proper grounding. 

Edited by OneMoSalah