Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Really is amazing what you get when a striker stays on his feet, runs the channels and takes a chance on a shot.

He won't disappoint here because the bar on previous strikers is so low.

Well done Higuain.

It's the difference between a good or decent striker and one (whether he is anymore is obviously open to debate) who has been world class. It's very refreshing to see a player who will take a shot on when the opportunity arises, right or left foot, and strike it with true intent. 

He won't be the long term solution we do need to find but he could be a huge signing for the rest of this season, possibly the next 18 months and if he is fed he will score goals I've no doubt about that.

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's the difference between a good or decent striker and one (whether he is anymore is obviously open to debate) who has been world class. It's very refreshing to see a player who will take a shot on when the opportunity arises, right or left foot, and strike it with true intent. 

He won't be the long term solution we do need to find but he could be a huge signing for the rest of this season, possibly the next 18 months and if he is fed he will score goals I've no doubt about that.

Confidence too, he looked up for his second goal and just took a chance.

Delighted for the bloke.

His second goal was good (deflected a bit), but that first one is just what we need. That first goal is everything, that's why you sign the great Gonzalo Higuain. True strikers' finish that fills all attackers with confidence that when you provide him with a ball he will fucking bury it.

His overall game was good too, he can still dribble and is stronger on his feet than Costa, for example. Really good body balance. Few misplaced passes here and there.

Gonzalo Higuain becomes first Chelsea player since 2000 to do this following fine performance vs Huddersfield

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/02/03/gonzalo-higuain-becomes-first-chelsea-player-since-2000-to-do-this-following-fine-performance-vs-huddersfield/

13 hours ago, El P. said:

His second goal was good (deflected a bit), but that first one is just what we need. That first goal is everything, that's why you sign the great Gonzalo Higuain. True strikers' finish that fills all attackers with confidence that when you provide him with a ball he will fucking bury it.

His overall game was good too, he can still dribble and is stronger on his feet than Costa, for example. Really good body balance. Few misplaced passes here and there.

I actually think the deflection made it easier for the keeper to try and save. The initial shot was bending right into the top corner, the slight touch from the defender brought it closer to the reach of the keeper. Deflection or not, that shot was always destined for the net!

The great thing about Higuain was his confidence. He scored two, had one very well blocked before he scored, then he hit the side netting a few minutes after he'd scored (from Alonso's one good piece of play yesterday). But they weren't shots out of frustration, they were intelligent efforts. He's going to be good for us. 

17 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I actually think the deflection made it easier for the keeper to try and save. The initial shot was bending right into the top corner, the slight touch from the defender brought it closer to the reach of the keeper. Deflection or not, that shot was always destined for the net!

The great thing about Higuain was his confidence. He scored two, had one very well blocked before he scored, then he hit the side netting a few minutes after he'd scored (from Alonso's one good piece of play yesterday). But they weren't shots out of frustration, they were intelligent efforts. He's going to be good for us. 

Yeah, didn't thought of it that way... if shot wasn't on target ti would have been own-goal I guess.

13 minutes ago, El P. said:

Yeah, didn't thought of it that way... if shot wasn't on target ti would have been own-goal I guess.

From the angles I've seen, the deflection added to the height of the shot, but I saw a reverse angle on Sky Sports, I genuinely think it was going into the side netting either way. Stunning goal. BUT the best bit about it was the fact he even tried it. Morata would have fallen over before combing his hair. 

4 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

From the angles I've seen, the deflection added to the height of the shot, but I saw a reverse angle on Sky Sports, I genuinely think it was going into the side netting either way. Stunning goal. BUT the best bit about it was the fact he even tried it. Morata would have fallen over before combing his hair. 

I think the shot would have been even more impressive because the deflection took out some of its power and Lössl was late to see it anyway. 

But yeah that is what we need, shots from outside the box have been missing this season and will make us less predictable. 

13 minutes ago, mccg said:

Chelsea hero makes worrying Gonzalo Higuain prediction after Michy Batshuayi Palace debut

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/757529/Chelsea-news-Gonzalo-Higuain-Michy-Batshuayi-Olivier-Giroud-Crystal-Palace-Pat-Nevin

Would love to know where hes been a 'fantastic scorer' lately.

Fuckin peeps moaning about a player we havemt used in years and not building up one that might be able to help us thru the rest of the season.