Malcom

the wes

Barcelona ready launch £50m bid for Willian deal including Malcom

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6578733/Barcelona-ready-launch-50m-bid-Chelsea-forward-Willian-deal-including-Malcom.html

Take it and run lol problem just a rumour 🙁🙁

Generally dont think its as clear cut as if we dont accept it heads should be called for.

The only other teams vastly intested in Malcom are Everton and a Chinese team according to various media sources in Europe.

He is talented but hasnt impressed at Barca by any accounts. I mean perhaps Sarri can revitalize him but perhaps not. Perhaps he was a big fish in a small pond at Bordeaux or perhaps just too big a move to soon.

If we get decent money and him for Willian, then sure why not but we have to be careful just because Willian is a underperforming player who can be replaced doesnt mean we should turf him out no questions asked regarding the first player thrown at us straight away.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Generally dont think its as clear cut as if we dont accept it heads should be called for.

The only other teams vastly intested in Malcom are Everton and a Chinese team according to various media sources in Europe.

He is talented but hasnt impressed at Barca by any accounts. I mean perhaps Sarri can revitalize him but perhaps not. Perhaps he was a big fish in a small pond at Bordeaux or perhaps just too big a move to soon.

If we get decent money and him for Willian, then sure why not but we have to be careful just because Willian is a underperforming player who can be replaced doesnt mean we should turf him out no questions asked regarding the first player thrown at us straight away.

even if we get no one in return, I'd much rather have CHO taking willian's minutes...

Selling Willian is a win-win in any scenario, he is wrong side of 30, almost never score or assists but still starts every game, is holding back younger better players....

Malcom is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned, getting rid of Willian is the real prize lol

12 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

even if we get no one in return, I'd much rather have CHO taking willian's minutes...

Selling Willian is a win-win in any scenario, he is wrong side of 30, almost never score or assists but still starts every game, is holding back younger better players....

Malcom is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned, getting rid of Willian is the real prize lol

Selling Willian for however much, signing no replacement and depening on an 18 year old who probably wont be here come the summer or even the end of the month and Pedro along with Hazard whos played more as a 9 recently, is stupid though. Surely I am not the only one who sees that? I know people dislike Willian but in terms of our squad depth it would be so stupid to just sell Willian. If Malcom comes in and hits the ground running okay fine but if he doesnt at first, which theres a big chance due to the lack of regular minutes hes had this season, are people going to turn on him like Sarri and Jorginho? And if he doesnt come in, we sell Willian, depending on 3 wingers for the rest of the season is crazy, considering all 3 might go in the Sumner. Not counting RLC as a winger either.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Selling Willian for however much, signing no replacement and depening on an 18 year old who probably wont be here come the summer or even the end of the month and Pedro is stupid though. Surely I am not the only one who sees that? I know people dislike Willian but in terms of our squad depth it would be so stupid to just sell Willian. If Malcom comes in and hits the ground running okay fine but if he doesnt at first, which theres a big chance due to the lack of regular minutes hes had this season, are people going to turn on him like Sarri and Jorginho? 

what I posted of course relies on CHO staying on at least til summer... If that is in fact the case, CHO getting willian's minutes could make him reconsider leaving even!

I'm not against buying a replacement, but I'd love to see Willian go regardless (unless CHO leaves this january, then we need at least one)

22 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They won't reject 50m and a player if true, no way.

It is not £50m plus Malcom

It is Malcom plus enough cash to equal a £50m valuation

lets say they rate Malcom at £30m, they would toss in £20m

I would take that in flash

they paid £37m for him, so that is £57m in summer 2018 market value

we all (well most) are freaking out over the board not taking £65m for William last summer from them

well, he is older now (hit the big 3-0) so IF we did this, I will NOT lose my mind over an £8m difference

and TBH, I can almost guarantee we would have paid EPL tax on that buy (plus our board is shit at lowering prices on buys), and paid £45m for Malcom if we bought him after we sold Willian to Barca last summer and then swooped for him

so its about equal all in all

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Malcom and Pedro will be fine, plus CHO if he stays.

Like Morata for Higuain and Malcom for Willian, they cannot be any worse, i'm telling you.

True but my point is we need depth. Hazard, CHO, Pedro and Malcom is good for wings but people just want Willian out and no replacement in,  which considering Hazard and CHO will 75% likely be gone next season... and id we continue with Eden as a 9 still leaves us short.

Also we might have to be patient with Malcom. Look at the idiots turning on Jorginho already... 6 months in...

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It is not £50m plus Malcom

It is Malcom plus enough cash to equal a £50m valuation

lets say they rate Malcom at £30m, they would toss in £20m

I would take that in flash

they paid £37m for him, so that is £57m in summer 2018 market value

we all (well most) are freaking out over the board not taking £65m for William last summer from them

well, he is older now (hit the big 3-0) so IF we did this, I will NOT lose my mind over an £8m difference

and TBH, I can almost guarantee we would have paid EPL tax on that buy (plus our board is shit at lowering prices on buys), and paid £45m for Malcom if we bought him after we sold Willian to Barca last summer and then swooped for him

so its about equal all in all

If we keep hazard and CHO and sign Malcolm and we already have Pulisic are attacking options are looking good for next season 😃😃 all we would need is a striker who can score 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but my point is we need depth. Hazard, CHO, Pedro and Malcom is good for wings but people just want Willian out and no replacement in,  which considering Hazard and CHO will 75% likely be gone next season... and id we continue with Eden as a 9 still leaves us short.

Also we might have to be patient with Malcom. Look at the idiots turning on Jorginho already... 6 months in...

Forget the idiots, they don't represent anyone in the grand scheme of things.

We have no idea what will happen with anyone, football is far too unpredictable.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You