Nicolo Barella

DDA

If some of these moves are being fast tracked due to a pending transfer ban then at least the club is being proactive and making some signings in anticipation of this. 

A couple of new signings for next season and the huge amount of players that can be called upon currently out on loan (a couple more than capable of breaking into our current squad) will keep things freshened up next season.

But if a transfer ban is happening, the priority must be to sort out a top striker long term.

12 hours ago, Rapkun said:

I don't know him since I barely watch any serie a games but I would be very wary when it comes to italian players. Most of them are overrated and have trouble playing abroad.

You probably feel that way because Italy hasn't produced any real World Class talents that stand out in a while. Mark my words, this guy is not your average Italian. He is fast with his decision making. Holds the ball extremely well and can dribble with tenacity. He isn't a fragile fairy.

1 hour ago, Rapkun said:

I think the fact that there are so few of them playing outside of Italy is already a strong indicator in itself. The current state of their NT is also very telling of the current quality available. Very few have actually moved to relevant clubs but in recent times players like Immobile, Darmian, Cerci come to mind. Those were touted as top players in their respective clubs and looked absolutely average.

Obviously what I doubt first and foremost is their actual quality. They play in a rather tactical league with restricted setups to maximize strengths, less physically demanding too and slower tempo. Hence my concerns about difficulity transitioning to other leagues and overall quality.

The transfer fees regarding english players is a different issue entirely. The money available to english clubs being the main cause. Clubs have the funds available to buy good players elsewhere and stopped developping their own. This in addition to the number of homegrown players required in the squads is mainly what resulted in these insane fees. Though I would like to point out that english squads at youth levels have been doing far better than italians in recent times. the young english generation coming in are some of the best they have ever produced. I would be far more inclined tu buy english talent than italian at the moment.

Barella is a class player, bottom line. Forgot to add that, your slating him via association and inference aside.

Italians, much like the English, are under tremendous pressure to stay and play at home. They often take less money to do so.

You previously said you barely or almost never watched Serie A, yet now you offer a critical analysis of the entire League?

English players pale in comparison to the Italians in the long term sweep of football history. Not even remotely close. Not just talking about the inflated prices, talking about the raw pure talent and outcomes.

You are going to get nowhere with me when you slag out Italian football.

@Vesper....can you please give an elaborate view about the quality of this guy...saw some of his YouTube vids...seems quite tenacious and tough...we were earlier linked with Sandro Tonali...thought he is gonna be a replacement for Fabregas due to his imminent departure.... Who is more talented outta Barella and Tonali...

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I guess Barella would be Fab's replacement, a bench rider for Jorginho. Or could he immediately displace somebody else in our midfield?

Once settled, he is good enough to bench Kovacic, Jorgie, Barkley and RLC. That's how good he is.

38 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

@Vesper....can you please give an elaborate view about the quality of this guy...saw some of his YouTube vids...seems quite tenacious and tough...we were earlier linked with Sandro Tonali...thought he is gonna be a replacement for Fabregas due to his imminent departure.... Who is more talented outta Barella and Tonali...

2 different types of players.

Barella is a potential (and this is going way back, before I was even born, but watching old games I can so see the resemblance) Marco Tardelli type. Very energetic, technical CMF who can also go forward. Great passer, seems to be very intuitive. He was the best player on the pitch when Italy beat Poland 1 nil back 2 months ago (and that was with Jorginho and Verratti playing with him, plus Zielinski against). He can play any MF position, but he would be a replacement (and upgrade) to Kovacic. IF we sign Barella, Kovacic will not be purchased, I am 99% sure of that.

Barella would provide that extra 'bite' Sarri has been whinging on about. Magic Box is a massive fan, and he managed him once.

Gianfranco Zola could be key to Chelsea signing Manchester United target in January

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/gianfranco-zola-key-chelsea-signing-15542210

here is a big break down

Sando Tonali is easy

DH DMH regista, like Jorginho, but far more physical

think Pirlo crossed with Gattusso Gattuso

potentially a generational player

Sarri rates him above almost any other Italian player in terms of long term view

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6397355/Who-Sandro-Tonali-Italian-teen-branded-new-Andrea-Pirlo.html

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-tonali-compares-himself-to-another-player-its-not-andrea-pirlo-20181113

12 hours ago, DDA said:

They are talking about us buying him then loaning him back for the rest of the season. Fuck a duck. 

The transfer ban is coming isn't it.

I read that IF it does hit, it wouldn't be until January 2020 window. I will find the article

9 hours ago, DDA said:

Once settled, he is good enough to bench Kovacic, Jorgie, Barkley and RLC. That's how good he is.

Is he creative?  because we desperately need a creative CM in the final third, someone with the final ball to unlock stubborn teams through the middle. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Yes, very

Well at least he is the profile this team desperatly can use.

Seen the comparison with Kovacic a bit, i personally have never seen Kovacic as a super creative player. In fact at Madrid he was primary used as the deepest in midfield, was a 10 at Inter but that was such a long time ago. I like Kovacic a lot honestly, think he is super silky smooth player on the ball, good work rate+defensively, just a great all around player. It is a shame we have Kante though, because that his best position.

I had literally never heard of him before yesterday and now I'm almost obsessed with him. 😂

Been watching videos throughout the day. Exquisite first touch, tenacious workrate, great eye for a pass, excellent in tight spaces. He really looks like he was trained the "Barca way."

I really fucking want us to buy him now! Before some other big team does. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Well at least he is the profile this team desperatly can use.

Seen the comparison with Kovacic a bit, i personally have never seen Kovacic as a super creative player. In fact at Madrid he was primary used as the deepest in midfield, was a 10 at Inter but that was such a long time ago. I like Kovacic a lot honestly, think he is super silky smooth player on the ball, good work rate+defensively, just a great all around player. It is a shame we have Kante though, because that his best position.

Totally agree.

Sarri is asking for a super rare player for the 3rd MF role.

Scorer, creavtive, AND  hardnose defender

If our board was not shit, we would have had such a player for last 3,4 years already

Nainggolan

along with Alex Sandro  and Koulibaly, the 3 biggest board-cocked-up buy attempts of the last 4 years

so much fail:rant:

another who was perfect, now too old

Arturo Vidal

Barella is a badass player, would be THRILLED to get him

Here are some other MFers who could slot in there (I rate all of these above Kovacic btw, for this role, and most overall just as players)

some are impossible

Saúl Ñíguez

Frenkie de Jong

Tanguy Ndombele

Corentin Tolisso (another Marina massive fail btw)

Houssem Aouar (super creative, but the weakest defensively on this list (and is really good, deffo NOT a slacker), still a superb superb player, in fact as CMF/AMF, in certain systemic roles, he maybe be the best on here except for Saul and de Jong)

Leon Goretzka  (ANOTHER board fail!)

Koke

Donny van de Beek

maybe

Piotr Zielinski

Bryan Cristante

Marco Verratti (tbh, more of the new Kante role, he doesnt hardly ever score)

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

I read that IF it does hit, it wouldn't be until January 2020 window. I will find the article

@DDA

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7754668/chelsea-transfer-ban-academy-youngsters-players-chance/

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Cheers.  I was under the impression that the ruling would come down the winter with the ban starting in the upcoming summer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You