24. Reece James

the wes

7 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Interestingly he played CM tonight for Wigan in FA Cup vs West Brom. Top performance there as well apparently, Wigan fans are literally in love with him.

little clip from the game: 

That is next level play!!!!!!!

Move Azpi to CB

Sell Zappa

Bring in Aina and Reece

11 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Dwj1Ez3XcAEJ_eq.jpg

Reece vs other Championship full backs 

He is good enough to be backup since Azpi rarely gets injured and plays almost every match. It would be perfect to slowly involve him into the squad.

But watch Chelsea buy 5 RBs before giving our own one a chance.

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He is good enough to be backup since Azpi rarely gets injured and plays almost every match. It would be perfect to slowly involve him into the squad.

But watch Chelsea buy 5 RBs before giving our own one a chance.

We should try to get a upgrade over Azpi if we are being honest, Hsaj is not really an upgrade we have been linked with him the most. But yeah if we persist with Azpi, than yeah save the money and just play the youngster. 

46 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

We should try to get a upgrade over Azpi if we are being honest, Hsaj is not really an upgrade we have been linked with him the most. But yeah if we persist with Azpi, than yeah save the money and just play the youngster. 

I see it this way; could Azpi be upgraded considering his attacking contribution? Absolutely. Even more so now that we struggle with creating. We look super shit on both flanks and one might think any upgrade (even Azpi) would benefit us. Thats true. But first, we should replace RW, LB, ST, hell maybe even CB and CM (if Kovacic wont sign permamently).

If we were to replace those positions first, meaning ditching Alonso, Willian and get quality players who can attack, our team would become much more dangerous in attack. Even with Azpi. Azpi being the only defensive minded player besides the two CBs wouldnt be a problem at all. In fact his leadership and strong commitment is very important for the team. People underrate his importance to the team and the fact he and Kante are only ones who give their best in every game.

Idealy you need one attacking and one more reserved fullback in squad. Now that we have two who cant attack, its more glaring that Azpi is not good in attack. Even more with incompetent Willian ahead. Thats 3 players who dont contribute enough in attack. But if you have someone who can instead of Alonso and Willian, Azpi being defensive is fine because you need balance.

Sure we might aswell replace Azpi instead of Alonso BUT hell I hope that never happens.

55 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

I'd at least like to see him get a preseason next year with the team.  Let Sarri get a look at him and assess him before we send him on another loan, even if that's the ultimate decision next season.

Sarri and the board wont rate him and wont use him until he threatens to leave to get play time. Suddenly the entire club will start licking his ass and say how valuable and important he is. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sarri and the board wont rate him and wont use him until he threatens to leave to get play time. Suddenly the entire club will start licking his ass and say how valuable and important he is. :ph34r:

BUT is he good enough to be a starter if we want to be real contenders?

I know hes got POTM at Wigan a few months back but thats Wigan.

Hes not given any Gs or As

BUT he is at least HG which is a big help and I see us using a few other yoof for his job too,

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

BUT he is at least HG which is a big help and I see us using a few other yoof for his job too,

Meanwhile those fucking Bayern cunts stole a march on the world and got a WC combo RB/CB (Benjamin Pavard) for ONLY £31m!!!!!!!!

Benjamin Pavard to join Bayern Munich in summer for £31.4m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/09/benjamin-pavard-bayern-munich-join-summer

:rant::rant::rant:

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Should be Azpi back up next season. Period. Azpi usualy plays entire season by himself anyway, so Reece wouldnt be under massive pressure but still played nice amount of (cup) games. Then we can see how he does etc.

Point is we dont need to spend on any rb right now because for all his faults Azpi is still our captain and very important player and Reece can easily be our backup next season. 

But board wants to buy fucking Hysaj as first choice or back up or whatever they plan to do. 

If they do that, Reece wont see playtime here anytime soon. And thats why every talented young player we have wants to leave.

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Meanwhile those fucking Bayern cunts stole a march on the world and got a WC combo RB/CB (Benjamin Pavard) for ONLY £31m!!!!!!!!

Benjamin Pavard to join Bayern Munich in summer for £31.4m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/09/benjamin-pavard-bayern-munich-join-summer

:rant::rant::rant:

I can just imagine your thoughts Mrs! lol  Taz.gif.4d9c1260132b95635c52ead10f0efe4d.gif

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Should be Azpi back up next season. Period. Azpi usualy plays entire season by himself anyway, so Reece wouldnt be under massive pressure but still played nice amount of (cup) games. Then we can see how he does etc.

Point is we dont need to spend on any rb right now because for all his faults Azpi is still our captain and very important player and Reece can easily be our backup next season. 

But board wants to buy fucking Hysaj as first choice or back up or whatever they plan to do. 

If they do that, Reece wont see playtime here anytime soon. And thats why every talented young player we have wants to leave.

Almost no chance we buy Hysaj, unless we are selling Azpi (pro tip, we are not)

this one rumour that I do call bullshit on

£45m for him is madness

he isnt that good

if we want a backup (and a replacement SOON) for Azpi (which is needed, he is on decline soon and also is not good in Sarriball offence)

we need to buy

one of the following (some are impossible)

best options in red bold

Joshua Kimmich

João Cancelo probably now impossible (board cock-up, what a fullback he has become, top 5 in world RB, so so progressive:()

Sergi Roberto (another massive board fuckup, yay Marina!!)

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Achraf Hakimi (force Real to include him and others in the Hazard deal)

or

Valentino Lazaro (best athlete on this list)

Sime Vrsaljko

Ricardo Pereira

Benjamin Henrichs

————————-

I believe he has 1 goal and 1 assist. I can understand why you’d look at it and think it’s not impressive but it’s a good example of stats do not tell the full story. At last check, 2-3 weeks ago, Reece had attempted 160 crosses and completed around 40 of them. This is crazy numbers - top PL full backs at the same point in time had attempted about 60 with a similar, even slightly lower success rate than Reece (other than Alonso who has a very poor success rate of below 10%). You can see in the figure I posted above he is in the division’s best (well, he IS the best out of all full backs on that list) for accurate crosses / 90.

He also manages 1.6 key passes per game which, again , is exceptional for a full back. Amongst U23 players of any position in the Championship it is one of the best figures. 

This stat is referring to December, from whoscored’s Twitter: Reece James : 17 goalscoring chances created was the third highest in the Championship last month. (WhoScored)

To further exemplify how good these stats are here’s a nice little article with some comparisons between Hysaj and James: https://chelseaecho.com/2019/01/01/how-good-is-reece-james-do-we-actually-need-elseid-hysaj/

Yes it is the Championship, but still you would hardly expect a 19 year old RB from Wigan to be this dominate in so many areas over the starting RB of a top Serie A team. And again, it exemplifies how good his crossing and key passing stats are.

All in all it paints a picture that he’s a highly creative full back who doesn’t see the many chances he creates finished off.

22 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Off to the Bundesliga he goes

If Sarri is still the manager he just might. He will claim a 32 or 33yo Azpi is 'untouchable' at RB. Sarri has watched too many Maldini and Totti videos.

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If Sarri is still the manager he just might. He will claim a 32 or 33yo Azpi is 'untouchable' at RB. Sarri has watched too many Maldini and Totti videos.

LOLZ. Azpilicueta is 29, that is a perfect age for a defender. 

And in Reece James's case he has contract till 2022 so we are in comfortable position not to lose him if we don't want. He's got another year or 2 to break into the team. what i could well imagine is that Sarri is not being used to having that big a roster to wath over so simply ignores our 39 loanees and just does not assess them during the season at all, just the ones he takes to preseason. which is really a shame cos i am sure both, james and even abraham could help us out right now.