24. Reece James

the wes

55 minutes ago, ja1 said:

This is true but I think he is wasted there as he also has qualities on the ball, in crossing and in dribbling..full back gets the best out of all his qualities. 

In a 3-4-3 he's been devastating at CB. Outstanding defensively and joining to great effect, then spreading passes to make David Luiz green with envy. All of this was, of course, at development level. :)

I was shocked when I read the headline. Reece is so level headed, he more or less never puts a foot wrong. Having read the tweet itself however, it's pretty clear that he was liking the idea that he and Ola should be fullback options at Chelsea. I don't think he meant it too seriously either; just sort of saying thank you to the person who posted something nice about him. Hope that, from now on, Reece accepts that it's best only to 'like' a comment if you mean to show support for everything it says.

For all any of us know Reece agrees with every word of that tweet, but I would almost guarantee that he knows better than to make such opinions public. Lesson learned hopefully.

P.S. I'm grateful to Vesper for making me aware that Torino have a solid option to buy Ola at the end of the season, and that they've said they mean to exercise it. That said, while Chelsea's hands may be tied on this, the player will always have an option as to whether or not he wants to make the move permanent. That being so, we at least have the chance to try to persuade him to choose London blue, over Turin red. I'm sure the consensus opinion here will be that there's no chance of the club pulling that off but at least it allows a glimmer of hope. Assuming the decision makers want him of course.

26 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I was shocked when I read the headline. Reece is so level headed, he more or less never puts a foot wrong. Having read the tweet itself however, it's pretty clear that he was liking the idea that he and Ola should be fullback options at Chelsea. I don't think he meant it too seriously either; just sort of saying thank you to the person who posted something nice about him. Hope that, from now on, Reece accepts that it's best only to 'like' a comment if you mean to show support for everything it says.

For all any of us know Reece agrees with every word of that tweet, but I would almost guarantee that he knows better than to make such opinions public. Lesson learned hopefully.

P.S. I'm grateful to Vesper for making me aware that Torino have a solid option to but him at the end of the season, and that they've said they mean to exercise it. That said, while Chelsea's hands may be tied on this, the player will always have an option as to whether or not he wants to make the move permanent. That being so, we at least have the chance to try to persuade him to choose London blue, over Turin red. I'm sure the consensus opinion here will be that there's no chance of the club pulling that off but at least it allows a glimmer of hope. Assuming the decision makers want him of course.

Only problem is that they are both RB's not a mixed pair.

LB's and RWers (both SHOULD normally be left-footed, especially LB's, far more than RWers although I LOVE inverted left-footed RWers) are a bish to find do the structural population distribution in terms of footedness. There simply are far fewer left-footed (let alone ambipedal) people on the planet that right-footed.

That all said, I am sold on Reece, Magnificent young player. I think he should be our day one starter at RB. Toss him to the wolves, he is ready and I will so put up with a learning curve.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think Derby will go for him next season. Jody Morris is a huge fan obviously. Another loan would be good because he would play every week, if Derby go up even better.

Jody Morris for our next manager, my wifey has convinced me.

Would prefer Julian Nagelsmann, but he is going to RB Leipzig.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Jody Morris for our next manager, my wifey has convinced me.

Would prefer Julian Nagelsmann, but he is going to RB Leipzig.

Morris needs actual experience managing at first team level before that happens. Nagelsmann will be interesting at Leipzig and it is 100% the right move for him. Say he has a good 2 seasons there, with Leipzigs set up while keeping them very competitive, he will undoubtedly be experienced enough as well as proving hes capable of making a big next step. He will be Bayern Munich coach by say 2023 I think. Or before.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Morris needs actual experience managing at first team level before that happens. Nagelsmann will be interesting at Leipzig and it is 100% the right move for him. Say he has a good 2 seasons there, with Leipzigs set up while keeping them very competitive, he will undoubtedly be experienced enough as well as proving hes capable of making a big next step. He will be Bayern Munich coach before 2025 I think.

I made a bad mistake, and didn't say as interim for Morris.

19 minutes ago, mccg said:

Crystal Palace are interested in Chelsea youngster Reece James, The Sun on Sunday say.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/football-chelsea-reece-james-crystal-palace-aaron-wan-bissaka-240219

If Wann Bissaka goes I’d be for this..I am still not confident of any youngster coming in under Sarri and being used correctly.

Just now, ja1 said:

If Wann Bissaka goes I’d be for this..I am still not confident of any youngster coming in under Sarri and being used correctly.

yeah slip the old buy back clause and bring Aaron Wan-Bissaka. to cfc , yeah some manager will have to do it , probly if a Frank.lampard/terry project kicks in 

29 minutes ago, mccg said:

yeah slip the old buy back clause and bring Aaron Wan-Bissaka. to cfc , yeah some manager will have to do it , probly if a Frank.lampard/terry project kicks in 

Wann Bisakka is good but don’t want him while we have James

3 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Wann Bisakka is good but don’t want him while we have James

yeah as u mentioned you have no confidence in any youngster coming in , so there goes James(19) then in that theory! Wann Bisakka is 21 so probly deemed good to go ?! I think they have played similar amount of games tho reece at a lower level, but i'd be all in with keeping reece nxt season and spending money if we can on other areas 4 sure!

1 hour ago, mccg said:

yeah as u mentioned you have no confidence in any youngster coming in , so there goes James(19) then in that theory! Wann Bisakka is 21 so probly deemed good to go ?! I think they have played similar amount of games tho reece at a lower level, but i'd be all in with keeping reece nxt season and spending money if we can on other areas 4 sure!

I think after a strong, 30 game + season in a top flight league James will be at the point where he HAS to be brought through, if that makes sense, the club/manager will have little-no excuse not to play him. It shouldn’t be like that but it would guarantee him game time and a fair chance

17 minutes ago, ja1 said:

I think after a strong, 30 game + season in a top flight league James will be at the point where he HAS to be brought through, if that makes sense, the club/manager will have little-no excuse not to play him. It shouldn’t be like that but it would guarantee him game time and a fair chance

but it is CFC we do have history , think our hand might be tied abit if we get a ban , with Zappa(probly leave) and Azpil in those positions it wouldn't take much to make the position his own next season?!