Jorginho

Unionjack

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/11/15/jorginho-discusses-refreshing-start-to-the-season-in-chelsea-mag

The midfielder’s passing game was a key part of our possession-based style last season, but under Lampard this term, he is one of the players flourishing in the new-found freedom the squad is enjoying on the pitch.

He has been one of the standout performers of 2019/20 so far and that freedom has allowed people to see just how much he can offer to the team in all areas, showing himself to be a complete midfielder. That has silenced plenty of his doubters, as well as earning him a strong appreciation from the Chelsea supporters, something which isn’t lost on the Italian international.

‘I absolutely have noticed that change. That’s why I’m so happy,’ he said. ‘I’m happy they are seeing me in a different light and they’re seeing the complete player that I am, so actually that’s really cool right now and it’s a really great moment to be playing.

‘It’s really rewarding because it’s great to be feeling acknowledged for the work you’re putting in, so I couldn’t be happier with things at the moment.

‘It’s just great that I can see the fans looking at who I am, Jorginho the player, and at the same time I’m really happy to look at them and see their reaction and feel their support.’

Part of his new role in the team has seen him step up to become one of the side’s most senior figures, despite only being in his second season in English football, with Lampard recognising Jorginho’s leadership qualities and making him our vice-captain in the summer.

‘I’m really enjoying it,’ he added. ‘I feel I’m able to take on this new sort of responsibility and really help my team-mates. That’s something new for me in my career, but it’s not something that’s changed for me as a person.

‘I don’t think it’s anything I’ve changed, it’s always been like that for me on the pitch and perhaps people are noticing it more, but for me it’s always been that way. When I’m out there I always want to help my team-mates.’

45 minutes ago, manpe said:

Absolutely adore that man. I had my doubts at first like many of us, like was he here only for Sarri, was he good enough etc.. But he has totally won me over with his attitude, the fact he never sulked or bashed anybody and how he's performing like a winner. Truly earning his vice-captaincy in just his second season.

Morata should take note from Jorginho

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

He shouldn't have even got booed in the first place.

Exactly. He didnt even play poorly the majority of last season in my opinion, Sarriball maybe restricted him as well as inconsistencies from the team as a whole for a wee bit but Sarri was never fully accepted because of the disconnect with the fans and Jorginho was basically the one man everyone would associate with Sarri so he was a scapegoat. The last 3 or 4 months of last season he was just as good as anyone in that position in the PL imo and in the Europa League run, again he was very good.

No we shouldnt have booed him, but sarii's style and the way he handcuffed the players didnt help the case either. Lamps have done him good, recognized his quality and the way he can game, to me a totally different player this season. If he had performed like now but in a pool shirt you can be sure the media would wax his lerics.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Italy qualified for the Euros last month and Mancini played Jorginho against Bosnia tonight...the full 90 minutes! :rant:

Italian and French and Spanish national teams managers try to help their domestic leagues' teams in Europe  :rant: