Chelsea vs Bordeaux

BlueLion.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant performance... 4-0 against a top side (French 2nd), they didn't get any shots on goal, which means we dominated in defense and in attack! Most of the situations were like taken straight from the textbook - direct passes, getting behind the ball, accurate short passes and covering each other in defense. (Y)

I think Malouda was exceptional, his wing was the most active one and each time him and Cole got the ball, I was hoping for something. Bosingwa was a maniac, flawless in my opinion. Belletti, what a guy he is - can play defense, midfield and can defend and shoot like no one else.

And Joey - a header over 2 giants... something to remember :D

And I cannot leave out Mikel and Lampard - they totally rand the show in midfield. First Lampsy scored a header, assist to Bosingwa. Well done to both of them. Then Mikel totally controlled the front of the defense line, and his dribble before Malouda's goal was fundamental, and Lampsy's pass was out of this universe (Y)

This game was AWESOME !

Lampard Man of the Match, but Bosingwa was awesome in the first half, Mikel extremely impressive and we even got a half decent performance out of Malouda! Joe Cole and Deco struggled a little at times, but everyone else played very well. Fantastic start to the European campaign, and with Roma losing at home to newboys Cluj, this group is looking like a walkover... as long as we take the Romanians seriously!

Just got back home from the game!! I thoroughly enjoyed the night out, great game, great goals, and a fantastic victory!!

Shame Belletti couldn't strike a hum dinger from far out, good too see two Frenchmen on the score sheet! :D

I'm very excited about the result. Bordeaux didn't to anything at all, it was a cake walk. I'm really happy to say that Malouda played well, hopefully that goal will bring up his confidence and he'll play brilliantly at the weekend, same with Anelka. Nice to see Ballack again too :) Cant wait to play Manure now!

am i the only one who thinks that Belleti can be a constant player in the team right now ?

dunno why , but he is a really solid dude, and might be a good replacement for Maka

Problem is, he's 32 years old.

Excellant reslut, as Scolari said it wasn't the greatest performance we have put on but we still got a fantastic result in the end.

Lampard, Bosingwa, Carvalho and Mikel were the pick of the performances for me last night. Mikel is really growing into a very important player for us now and i think he will come on miles this season, is it just coincidence that the 2 games he has been out we struggled against Wigan and Spuds? Maybe but i think we are a better team with him in it at the moment.

Good to see Anelka got among the goals, he did well and was unlucky not to score previously, 3 goals this season already which you cannot fault him for at all. Will we go with both Drogba and Anelka for United? Maybe we will.....

Problem is, he's 32 years old.

yes. that is a little bit of a let-down, but i still think he can play one or two good seasons with Chelsea.

He is a fantastic player with a hell of a shoot, remember the game against Tottenham last season,when he scored from nearly the center of the pitch.....just like his try yesterday.

yes. that is a little bit of a let-down, but i still think he can play one or two good seasons with Chelsea.

He is a fantastic player with a hell of a shoot, remember the game against Tottenham last season,when he scored from nearly the center of the pitch.....just like his try yesterday.

True, still I'd prefer Mikel to be given the position cause he's younger, with Belletti as back-up...