Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

My old man nailed it yesterday - Callum is just too "safe" when he plays. He's scared of taking risks. I totally understand that - he doesn't want to fuck up - but he is playing in a position that, especially in our system, demands he beats a player 1v1. Did he attempt even a single take-on yesterday? Every single action was a Jorginho-esque sideways pass. 
Something that stood out like a sore thumb. He can't be nervous to express himself, the chance he gets.

3 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

My old man nailed it yesterday - Callum is just too "safe" when he plays. He's scared of taking risks. I totally understand that - he doesn't want to fuck up - but he is playing in a position that, especially in our system, demands he beats a player 1v1. Did he attempt even a single take-on yesterday? Every single action was a Jorginho-esque sideways pass. 

He definitely looked nervous. Maybe it was the injury playing in the back 9f his mind or maybe it was just abit much for him.. he needs to behave like did in pre-season against Arsenal when he skinned Bellerin alive.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

He definitely looked nervous. Maybe it was the injury playing in the back 9f his mind or maybe it was just abit much for him.. he needs to behave like did in pre-season against Arsenal when he skinned Bellerin alive.

Think more about the nerves and he still does not know how to deal with certain situations which happen in a PL game.

I'd downplay the injury/discomfort because all players often play with niggling injuries - they are rarely 100% during a long season. It's just part of life as a pro footballer.

He's just not ready yet. He's only 18... need to be patient here.

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Mate its reading reports like this that just makes you proud to be Chelsea and that the board needs to fully commit to Sarri

http://global.espn.com/football/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3724976/why-the-premier-league-should-be-afraid-of-sarri-ball-once-chelsea-master-it

I just hope we back him with the right players and hold onto Eden (or replace him with one of the only 3 LW'ers remotely close to him, Mbappe, Neymar or, more realistically, Dembele, none of which will happen, unfortunately, The only other LW'ers even worth mentioning are Sane, and he is literally impossible due to being in EPL already with a major rival, and Asensio, who I am not at all sold on). Sancho needs a few more years to see if he gets to that level, and bloody Shitty have a right of first refusal on him, so we are blocked anyway. Massive hit coming inbound if we lose Hazard.

This January, and especially this summer are make or break windows.

20 hours ago, Mana said:

He really, only played safe against Watford. And as I said earlier, it's his first PL game and didn't want to take risks after Sarri told him that he isn't ready. Not to mention he was carrying an injury.

Sarri needs to bloody trust him like he fecking did with that donkey Morata, who had no business in a Chelsea shirt.

Also, he played on the right, until the very last couple of minutes before he went off injured. He is much more effective on the left wing.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11594314/chelsea-reject-bayern-munich-bid-for-callum-hudson-odoi

"Bayern Munich have offered £13.5m plus add-ons for Callum Hudson-Odoi but Chelsea want at least £22.5m, Sky sources understand."

The fact that we are stating at least £22.5m if that is true shows that the club realistically have accepted he will not sign a new contract. There should be a standard, 'NOT FOR SALE', but yeah the club will sell him in the summer if he refuses to sign a new contract. Jadon Sancho situation arising I can see, albeit it, we had much more inclination than City to play CHO than they did Sancho and we didn't use him. Seems now that Sarri used him against Watford. Maybe because the club realise the situation but too little too late imo.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11594314/chelsea-reject-bayern-munich-bid-for-callum-hudson-odoi
"Bayern Munich have offered £13.5m plus add-ons for Callum Hudson-Odoi but Chelsea want at least £22.5m, Sky sources understand."
The fact that we are stating at least £22.5m if that is true shows that the club realistically have accepted he will not sign a new contract. There should be a standard, 'NOT FOR SALE', but yeah the club will sell him in the summer if he refuses to sign a new contract. Jadon Sancho situation arising I can see, albeit it, we had much more inclination than City to play CHO than they did Sancho and we didn't use him. Seems now that Sarri used him against Watford. Maybe because the club realise the situation but too little too late imo.

We might as well be done with our academy, if this happens and the likes of Willian stay.

I feel like I'm missing something here. I know Bayern are down these days and have aging wingers, but is CHO really going to walk into their team? Surely not? Why would he want to trade our bench for theirs?

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I feel like I'm missing something here. I know Bayern are down these days and have aging wingers, but is CHO really going to walk into their team? Surely not? Why would he want to trade our bench for theirs?

Indeed. They have got Gnabry, Coman, Muller, Goretzka and god knows what they are gonna do with James and Ribery.

Unless he's been promised substantial game time at Bayern, it's tough to see him play regularly at there. Only need to look at Solanke. Left us to go to Liverpool, thinking he'll get more game time but he's been rotting on the bench and there are now talks that he will be going out on loan.

Seemed to work for Coman. I guess they also look at Sancho's success & hope he could potentially replicate that (Robben off in the summer too).

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

We will sell for that i reckon.  If its £20m now with future add ons, he is off.   Clearly wants the move or they wouldn't make a second bid.  Suspect the youth fanatics are going to be in tears within first 2 weeks of January

i have no idea whats happening here. it's really strange to see bayern going after him. robben and ribery are leaving after this season, but i would expect that they will buy some world class replacements....i guess they want a sancho too

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i have no idea whats happening here. it's really strange to see bayern going after him. robben and ribery are leaving after this season, but i would expect that they will buy some world class replacements....i guess they want a sancho too

At the moment, it does feel like Bayern just want to jump into the bandwagon and get their own Sancho. They've already got substantial amount of players in the wide areas.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

CHO must have rejected a new contract that's why Chelsea thinking of selling him at that price