Official - Michael Mancienne joins Hamburg

the wes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton boss David Moyes is keen to strike terms over a loan deal for Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne.

The Mirror says Moyes sees Mancienne, 21, who is highly rated by Fabio Capello, as a replacement for injured Phil Jagielka and talks have already begun over a move.

i doubt that.

Carvalho & ivanovic are gonna be stopping his development here

with Alex & Terry in the first 11

I disagree, firstly, the club are very keen on getting the English quota of the club higher because of the possible FIFA ruling and also the UEFA homegrown rule. Mancienne is extremely highly thought of and now is the time for him to be a first team player.

Secondly i would find it unlikely that Carvalho, Alex and Ivanovic will all be here next season. They will all feel that they should be first team starter and not be willing to be second best. Alex has seemingly cemented his spot as partner to JT. I think it most likely that Carvalho will leave this summer.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have been linked with a shock bid for Michael Mancienne.

The England Under-21 international has emerged as a real talent this season, due largely to a successful loan spell with Championship winners Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Mancienne was even called up to Fabio Capello’s squad earlier in the campaign, and he is being tipped as a certain star of the future for Chelsea.

However, The People claim Harry Redknapp is set to make a shock move for the 21-year-old, who also impressed during a previous loan stint at Queens Park Rangers.

We really have to keep hold of Mancienne, he is quality player who now needs to step up to our first team permanantly. As i have said in various threads it is becomming more and more imperitive that we have homegrown and English players in our squad. We have already seen that Mancienne is already more than capable of playing in our team and we need to be keeping him with us.

I think Alex has proven this season just how world class he is, we have the best defensive record in the league. While carvalho is still world class he is getting on and the injuries are piling up, would rather he left and we kept Alex and Ivanovic who have their best years still ahead of them. Mancienne has shown huge promise and he should definately be part of our plans for next season and the future.

• 1 month later...
Chelsea could be prepared to put their young defender Michael Mancienne in the shop window.

The 21-year-old spent the first half of last season on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers before returning to Stamford Bridge, but it appears that he does not appear in Carlo Ancelotti's plans for next season.

According to ClubCall.com, Mancienne is about to be placed on the transfer list, triggering an auction for his signature.

At the head of the queue are Wolves, who were impressed during Mancienne's stint at the club and believe that he could help their bid for Premier League survival.

However, they will face stiff competition from Reading, whose manager, Brendan Rodgers, used to coach the Chelsea reserves, giving him a distinct advantage at the negotiating table.

Mancienne is currently on international duty with the England U-21 team, where he has had a horror tournament despite his team's success. After being sent off in the opening match against Finland, his only other appearance came against Germany, where his mistake inside three minutes cost England a goal.

No Doubt.

I find it silly how Tabloids make their own Transfer news to sell their stock in the off season.

Just cus we are selling Deco and Carvalho, they linked us to Burdisso in a swap move. When he denied now they link Ibra in a swap move. Bloody Cunts.

I will not be a happy bunny if these rumours turn out to be true. We should be making keeping Mancienne at the club and developing priority number 1 I think. If we can properly bring through a player who has been with the club since before he even hit double figures in age, we can expunge some critics, and it's largely satisfying also.