Official - Michael Mancienne joins Hamburg

the wes

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be sad to see him go as he is a good young homegrown and English player..but it`s hard to see where he would fit into our squad..

at CB he would be 5th choice (6th if Carvalho stays) at RB he`s 3rd or 4th...only really DM could i see him having a chance but even there we have plenty of options that Carlo may rate better than him..e.g. Mikel,Matic,Cork,Essien(if DM is where Carlo wants to play him)..and that`s not counting the players that we may end up buying and is also presuming Carlo wants to switch back to a 4-1-2-1-2 from the 4-3-3 that won us the double..if we stay with the 4-3-3 i don`t think there is a place for Mancienne in our 1st team.

i have thought for a while that this off-season is make or break time for him in regard to his Chelsea career...and i would personally give him a shot for the season with the 1st team..but understand if Carlo sees too many players ahead of him to be able to keep him.

In the video the only thing I can See is that MM can Clear the ball High to no body, make 80% of Good pass, knows how to get a Yellow Card and can save 1 Shot on Target but can stand up any more...

I don´t Thing he is good enough to put in Chelsea Defense System. He is not even close To any Defensive Player We have.

And Chelsea Propably sale him.... as we did to Stoch. Maybe that´s why we hire the New Czech kit.

I know the lad is English and all but like i have always said, i just cannot see him making it with us. He does have some class about him but there is just no where for him to play. If we got around 6-8 million for him, i think it would be a good deal but i would still be sad to see him go.

I'm confused about this one. Surely Matic and Cork can't be ahead of Mancienne in the pecking order?

Why not? Matic is streets ahead of Mancienne when it comes to midfield quality, and Jack Cork has played a lot more games in midfield too and i would say he too is ahead of Mancienne in terms of midfield quality, . I would have no problem keeping Mancienne around, he can do a good job in the holding role, but we have a lot of good options so i could see how we could let him go if we do.

Why not? Matic is streets ahead of Mancienne when it comes to midfield quality, and Jack Cork has played a lot more games in midfield too and i would say he too is ahead of Mancienne in terms of midfield quality, . I would have no problem keeping Mancienne around, he can do a good job in the holding role, but we have a lot of good options so i could see how we could let him go if we do.

Okay. Haven't watched the Reseves play so have no idea about Matic and Cork's abilities. Saw MM play in a couple of his Wolves games and I was impressed. But as someone above pointed out, if we can get around what we got for Stoch, we should probably sell.

Okay. Haven't watched the Reseves play so have no idea about Matic and Cork's abilities. Saw MM play in a couple of his Wolves games and I was impressed. But as someone above pointed out, if we can get around what we got for Stoch, we should probably sell.

We would probably get around £4m to £5m which is what we would like to recoup for players we have developed if they move on at this stage. The academy earns back the money spent in no time....

We would probably get around £4m to £5m which is what we would like to recoup for players we have developed if they move on at this stage. The academy earns back the money spent in no time....

Is it true we got 7.5 mn for Stoch? You think di Santo will move on as well?

Is it true we got 7.5 mn for Stoch? You think di Santo will move on as well?

Well according to reports that is the figure we got. I think that is fair enough given the lads talent and the season he had last season, would be delighted if we signed a player like Stoch for 7.5m... Di Santo will get his chance to impress in Pre season i would imagine, chances are with Sturridge and Borini pushing to get games it is likely that Di Santo will move on, but we will see, the boy has talent the question is if Carlo will wait to see if it really comes through.

Always been a big fan of Mancienne and will be sad to see him go if the club feels that needs to happen.. especially the amount of time he's been at the club.

Di Santo... he has alot of talent, but he hasnt really lived up to the expectation yet. if Chelsea are gonna keep him, he needs to improve, alot.

• 3 weeks later...

Rising star wants out

Last Updated: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:54

Wolves' hopes of signing Michael Mancienne on a permanent basis from Chelsea have been boosted by reports he has asked for a transfer.

The Sunday Express claim the former England under-21 international, who has spent the last two seasons on loan at Molineux, wants the chance to play regular first-team football for a club he belongs to.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has made no secret of his desire to re-sign the Mancienne but has been waiting for the Blues to decide what role he has at Stamford Bridge.

It's thought Chelsea would want as much as £4m for the player who can play either in defence or in midfield.

Mancienne told the Express: "I've been at Chelsea since I was a kid and I'd love to break into the first team, but it's hard for any young player knowing how much quality they've got.

"I've had two seasons on loan at Wolves and had regular games and really enjoyed it. Now I want to be settled at one club."

However, Mancienne may have to wait until the January window for his future to be resolved with the Blues set to be without the injured Alex for the start of the season, while fellow centre-back Ricardo Carvalho has expressed a desire to join Real Madrid.

I do feel sorry for him. He's a good player showing promising sides, we can't somehow fit him into our plans. Was a bit surprised not to see him in the pre-season squads of late, who knows what the future holds for him now..

I do feel sorry for him. He's a good player showing promising sides, we can't somehow fit him into our plans. Was a bit surprised not to see him in the pre-season squads of late, who knows what the future holds for him now..

maybe its because he's injured? Like they've mentioned in everey Match-Report so far? I belive Mancienne will do the Backup-Job like Belletti did, and Cork will compete in DM and CB....

• 2 weeks later...
'Michael Mancienne is training with us now and he is here. We have to consider him as a Chelsea player. Now he is here and I don't know if for him it is better, we will take a decision maybe next week about his situation.'

Source:http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2113670,00.html

Doesn't look good for Mancienne. It seems like he is gonna get sold.