Official - Michael Mancienne joins Hamburg

the wes

Chelsea's England Under-21 defender Michael Mancienne could join Spanish side Real Mallorca on a season's loan.

Mancienne, 20, was at QPR last season and several Championship sides have inquired about him, but Chelsea may opt to finish his football education abroad.

And the London giants think he may have a long-term future with them.

The People

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a great learning experience for him.

I went to Wrexham a couple of months ago to watch England U21s against Wales U21s, & Mancienne was man of the match. He put in a really good performance which earned him justified praise from Stuart Pearce in the post-match interviews.

Good luck Mickey M!!

• 1 month later...

Michael Mancienne admits he may seek a move away from Chelsea.

The England U21 defender is interesting Fulham and West Ham and said: “I understand the problem at Chelsea because there are so many top quality players.

“But it can get you down when you are a regular with England under-21s but you go back to the reserve team. It’s very frustrating.

“My game has blossomed under Stuart Pearce and my education at Chelsea has been top class.

“But I am at a stage now where I need to play first team football and feel ready to test myself at the highest level.

“I will keep trying to catch the boss’ eye but eventually you have to be honest and start thinking about what’s best for your career.”

i do not blame Michael Mancienne wanting to leave because he is 5th choice CB and he 20 now the right age to start 1st team football but it looks like its not going to be at Chelsea

Good Luck Michael Mancienne

It is hard to blame him for being frustrated. But i really don't want us to lose him.

It was clear from many years ago that Mancienne had what it takes to make it with our first team. He excelled in the reserves, went out on loan and impressed big time there and has now made a big impact at the England U21 level. We have brought Mancienne through from a young age and he is one we should be trying to get in. Unfortunately we have 4 top top class centre backs in our first team squad!

We should do what we can to keep him on, a loan to another prem club maybe.....

How much more exceptional can a Centre Back be at 19/20? Very impressive for the England U21's

Chelsea club side at full strength would beat most International teams. As such only the cream of World players command a place. The clubs at top level demand success and cannot take what they consider 'risks'. This means, unfortunately an International U21 doesnt neccesarily cut it, however promising until proven in the eyes of the clubs hierarchy.

Chelsea club side at full strength would beat most International teams. As such only the cream of World players command a place. The clubs at top level demand success and cannot take what they consider 'risks'. This means, unfortunately an International U21 doesnt neccesarily cut it, however promising until proven in the eyes of the clubs hierarchy.

You are absolutely correct. The only problem is, that being the case we may as well scrap the youth policy altogether. Mancienne should get his chance and i hope he does. He could be as good as Carvalho for us one day.

You are absolutely correct. The only problem is, that being the case we may as well scrap the youth policy altogether. Mancienne should get his chance and i hope he does. He could be as good as Carvalho for us one day.

The crucial word there is ''could''. With the clubs run as businesses first and foremost, and as a sporting entity second, they will not take the risk , with so much cash at stake of playing ''could be's''.

Even with proven players, clubs still get their share of duds -Jokeonthepitch, Morris, ben Haim, De Lucas.The more successful the club, the more costly the errors. The youth system can provide quality players -though usually poached from other clubs at a young age. It is useful for marketing, and to mirror the 'smaller' clubs where expecations arent so high, and adds a sort of 'academy' feel to the whole set up.

Every six months or so the FA have a Youth Team gathering of clubs at Lilleshall for a big sell off. Like a big car boot sale, where deals are struck, players loaned and moved on -though any worthy of Top Four action will have been snapped up months or years before. The Youth system can, and has proven realisations -none more so than Terry, but is essentially a bit of decoration on Kenyons and Bucks Ch£ls£a FC.

The crucial word there is ''could''. With the clubs run as businesses first and foremost, and as a sporting entity second, they will not take the risk , with so much cash at stake of playing ''could be's''.

Even with proven players, clubs still get their share of duds -Jokeonthepitch, Morris, ben Haim, De Lucas.The more successful the club, the more costly the errors. The youth system can provide quality players -though usually poached from other clubs at a young age. It is useful for marketing, and to mirror the 'smaller' clubs where expecations arent so high, and adds a sort of 'academy' feel to the whole set up.

Every six months or so the FA have a Youth Team gathering of clubs at Lilleshall for a big sell off. Like a big car boot sale, where deals are struck, players loaned and moved on -though any worthy of Top Four action will have been snapped up months or years before. The Youth system can, and has proven realisations -none more so than Terry, but is essentially a bit of decoration on Kenyons and Bucks Ch£ls£a FC.

I suppose time will tell on this point. Scolari is really the first one to seriously benefit from our new academy as it has taken time to get to this standard. Certainly more young players are involved regulary - Mancienne, Di Santo, Sinclair - and more recently Stoch. Which is an excellant start, the next stage is giving them game time! The question is can the players be patient enough?

I suppose time will tell on this point. Scolari is really the first one to seriously benefit from our new academy as it has taken time to get to this standard. Certainly more young players are involved regulary - Mancienne, Di Santo, Sinclair - and more recently Stoch. Which is an excellant start, the next stage is giving them game time! The question is can the players be patient enough?

Good point -they will all want regular first team action, which is only natural. Which of these do you consider first team regulars ? Sinclair was bought for a couple of million?, with appearance fees on top from Bristol Rovers, Di santo was already established in South America, and Stoch was being courted allegedly by no less than 22 top clubs, since he had a ball attached to his feet at the age of 8. The four you mentioned all have first team regular potential imo. Mancienne we should play, and make sure we hang on to especially as he is completely home grown and potential full England squad centre back and captain ala Terry.

• 2 weeks later...