Official - Michael Mancienne joins Hamburg

the wes

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wolverhampton Wanderers are trying to sign Michael Mancienne on a season-long loan, according to Sky Sports. Click here to see the source.

Personally, I think it would be a great move. MM needs to show what he can do in the Premier League to warrant a squad place, IMO. If he goes to Wolves, we can see what he can do. Its clear he'll play at Wolves as well because he would probably be the best defender at the club.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are trying to sign Michael Mancienne on a season-long loan, according to Sky Sports. Click here to see the source.

Personally, I think it would be a great move. MM needs to show what he can do in the Premier League to warrant a squad place, IMO. If he goes to Wolves, we can see what he can do. Its clear he'll play at Wolves as well because he would probably be the best defender at the club.

A season long loan in the premiership is always a good move for a young player. However, if he has the oppertunity to be 4th choice now then i think that he should stay because to get integrated with the squad now and play whenever given the chance for Chelsea can be just an beneficial to him as a loan to Wolves. Also what will the situation be at the club after the year, will we have signed another CB for him to have to compete with?

It is a tough call to make, but we need to make the right one that will give him the best shot of being a CFC player in the future.

CJ, In fact I had the opposite idea.. Loan him for 6 months and get him back in Jan !!! Atleast he can play DM in the absence of Obi n our Bison.

+1

Atm we have following central midfielder:Ballack, Essien,Lampard, Mikel (assuming belleti and deco would be sold).

For one month we wont have defensive midfielders. At the moment we have Ballack to play there in their absense but we will be short in attacking midfield. Hence Id want Mancienne to be back for January.

We won't sell Belletti. I hope. He's too much of a good squad player. Doesn't complain, gets his head down and tries his hardest. Model professional. Plus we'd only get £1 million at most for him; he's 32 and seems happy at the club, besides.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a loan to AC Milan could do him the world of good, there is a lot to learn about defending in Italy and its a big club so he would gain valuable experience. when he comes back he will be twice the player

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Mancinne may be on the verge of joining Wolves on a season long loan. Given that Carvalho is staying and we have Alex and Ivanovic also behind JT then i think a loan for the season in the premiership will do him the world of good.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/08/11/wolves-close-in-on-mancienne/

As i have said in the discussions on Di Santo and Sinclair loans, a season in the premiership is a massive move for these lads and a big step in them getting chances in our first team. I would have liked to have seen Mancienne get his chance with our first team this season, but if those chances are not going to come then a loan in the premiership is a very good move.

Wolves this afternoon confirmed they are set to seal the season-long loan capture of defender Michael Mancienne – as the defender waited to pen a four-year deal with Chelsea. Mancienne was due in Wolverhampton earlier today after playing 90 minutes in England under-21s’ 0-0 draw in Holland last night.

But with a deal with Wolves poised to go through and Mancienne having just 12 months left on his current deal, it is believed Chelsea arranged for the 21-year-old to sign a new contract today.

The versatile centre-back, who can also play in either full-back position, has agreed to move to Molineux to get the match action he needs to push for inclusion in England’s squad in World Cup year.

Chief executive Jez Moxey confirmed the deal was closer but refuted suggestions that Mancienne could become a permanent £4m signing.

“It’s on-going, but there’s no permanent deal,” said Moxey. “If we can get a deal with Chelsea, then we’re hopeful something will happen.”

Mancienne, who had a successful 10-match spell on loan with Wolves last season, has already looked at properties in the Wolverhampton area after learning he would be starting the season as Chelsea’s fifth choice central defender behind John Terry, Ricardho Carvalho, Branislav Ivanovic and Alex.

Chelsea boss Carlos Ancelotti finally agreed to allow Mancienne back out on loan after Carvalho turned down the chance to join Inter Milan recently.

The 12-month loan allows Mancienne to return to Stamford Bridge to challenge for a place after next summer’s World Cup, when Carvalho could leave.

Mancienne impressed so much in his first stint at Wolves last winter that he was included in Fabio Capello’s England squad for a friendly against Germany.

Although he failed to figure in England’s friendly in Berlin last November, his success at Wolves saw him finally make his debut for Chelsea and he went on to play six games for the Stamford Bridge club last season, including making his Champions League debut.

And the west Londonder knows he will have the platform to impress on the Premier League stage under boss Mick McCarthy this season, rather than languish in Chelsea’s reserves after failing to make their 25-man squad for Sunday’s Community Shield penalties win over Manchester United.