Andy Carroll

Unionjack

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooden-legged hoof-ball typecast, can't play flowing technical football with (players like) him. Relegation/mid-table level signing would that be. Would prefer a backup striker in the mould of Jesus of City, Morata is good in the air as is. Only thing going for him is being English, if he was from a foreign no-name club you can bet we wouldn't even look at him. Would be a very underwhelming signing. :no:

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not against this -we have no one roughing up the opposition,  he'd be good for long balls knocked into the path of Hazard and Morata when he could be brought on later in matches that are at stalemate

Yeah thats what we can hope for. 

Reality is Caroll is average player and he wont have any serious impact.

We have been through the same with Ba, Remy and Bats. And they are better strikers. They just dont have the impact we expect.

We need another Etoo. Someone experienced who played for big clubs, someone who may be past it, but his quality is still high.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah thats what we can hope for. 

Reality is Caroll is average player and he wont have any serious impact.

We have been through the same with Ba, Remy and Bats. And they are better strikers. They just dont have the impact we expect.

We need another Etoo. Someone experienced who played for big clubs, someone who may be past it, but his quality is still high.

Messi is on a free transfer if Catalonia get independence apparently.....^_^

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Literally one rumour from The Sun (lmao) and people are taking the fact that we’re signing Carroll as a fact? 

To be fair I think people are just discussing it as a possibility, which papertalk generates.(12 news outlets at present)

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

To be fair I think people are just discussing it as a possibility, which papertalk generates.(12 news outlets at present)

Aren’t they all just quoting the Sun? David Moyes literally came out today and said he hasn’t heard anything about it. 

He would obviously not be a nice signing but just trying to bring some calm to the page I guess. 

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Wooden-legged hoof-ball typecast, can't play flowing technical football with (players like) him. Relegation/mid-table level signing would that be. Would prefer a backup striker in the mould of Jesus of City, Morata is good in the air as is. Only thing going for him is being English, if he was from a foreign no-name club you can bet we wouldn't even look at him. Would be a very underwhelming signing. :no:

I can’t think of a good striker available this January that’d be willing to come here to sit on the bench. Would love like an Anelka-esque signing but my mind’s blank. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Aren’t they all just quoting the Sun? David Moyes literally came out today and said he hasn’t heard anything about it. 

He would obviously not be a nice signing but just trying to bring some calm to the page I guess. 

Moyes would probably be the last to know if the WH board are anything like ours. I don't usually get involved in the silly season, but nothing wrong with a bit of discussion/speculation now and then :)

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Moyes would probably be the last to know if the WH board are anything like ours. I don't usually get involved in the silly season, but nothing wrong with a bit of discussion/speculation now and then :)

Basically trying to rationalise that the club surely isn’t that crazy to buy Carroll but then again, we have done a madness before. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Basically trying to rationalise that the club surely isn’t that crazy to buy Carroll but then again, we have done a madness before. 

Yup its sometimes foregoing Waitrose eggs for value ones etc. I actually think Carroll coming on to bruise a defence in the 75th minute isn't such a bad thing-   if the board seem insistent on penny pinching.

Citeh arab billionaires we aint -apparently

46 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I can’t think of a good striker available this January that’d be willing to come here to sit on the bench. Would love like an Anelka-esque signing but my mind’s blank. 

If nobody suitable is available, then don't sign for the sake of signing. We'll be stuck with horseshit for years like this if we do. Just make due with Morata and Bats and the occasional false 9.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You