Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Andy Carroll


Unionjack
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooden-legged hoof-ball typecast, can't play flowing technical football with (players like) him. Relegation/mid-table level signing would that be. Would prefer a backup striker in the mould of Jesus of City, Morata is good in the air as is. Only thing going for him is being English, if he was from a foreign no-name club you can bet we wouldn't even look at him. Would be a very underwhelming signing. :no:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not against this -we have no one roughing up the opposition,  he'd be good for long balls knocked into the path of Hazard and Morata when he could be brought on later in matches that are at stalemate

Yeah thats what we can hope for. 

Reality is Caroll is average player and he wont have any serious impact.

We have been through the same with Ba, Remy and Bats. And they are better strikers. They just dont have the impact we expect.

We need another Etoo. Someone experienced who played for big clubs, someone who may be past it, but his quality is still high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah thats what we can hope for. 

Reality is Caroll is average player and he wont have any serious impact.

We have been through the same with Ba, Remy and Bats. And they are better strikers. They just dont have the impact we expect.

We need another Etoo. Someone experienced who played for big clubs, someone who may be past it, but his quality is still high.

Messi is on a free transfer if Catalonia get independence apparently.....^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Literally one rumour from The Sun (lmao) and people are taking the fact that we’re signing Carroll as a fact? 

To be fair I think people are just discussing it as a possibility, which papertalk generates.(12 news outlets at present)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

To be fair I think people are just discussing it as a possibility, which papertalk generates.(12 news outlets at present)

Aren’t they all just quoting the Sun? David Moyes literally came out today and said he hasn’t heard anything about it. 

He would obviously not be a nice signing but just trying to bring some calm to the page I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, manpe said:

Wooden-legged hoof-ball typecast, can't play flowing technical football with (players like) him. Relegation/mid-table level signing would that be. Would prefer a backup striker in the mould of Jesus of City, Morata is good in the air as is. Only thing going for him is being English, if he was from a foreign no-name club you can bet we wouldn't even look at him. Would be a very underwhelming signing. :no:

I can’t think of a good striker available this January that’d be willing to come here to sit on the bench. Would love like an Anelka-esque signing but my mind’s blank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Skipper said:

Aren’t they all just quoting the Sun? David Moyes literally came out today and said he hasn’t heard anything about it. 

He would obviously not be a nice signing but just trying to bring some calm to the page I guess. 

Moyes would probably be the last to know if the WH board are anything like ours. I don't usually get involved in the silly season, but nothing wrong with a bit of discussion/speculation now and then :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Moyes would probably be the last to know if the WH board are anything like ours. I don't usually get involved in the silly season, but nothing wrong with a bit of discussion/speculation now and then :)

Basically trying to rationalise that the club surely isn’t that crazy to buy Carroll but then again, we have done a madness before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Skipper said:

Basically trying to rationalise that the club surely isn’t that crazy to buy Carroll but then again, we have done a madness before. 

Yup its sometimes foregoing Waitrose eggs for value ones etc. I actually think Carroll coming on to bruise a defence in the 75th minute isn't such a bad thing-   if the board seem insistent on penny pinching.

Citeh arab billionaires we aint -apparently

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I can’t think of a good striker available this January that’d be willing to come here to sit on the bench. Would love like an Anelka-esque signing but my mind’s blank. 

If nobody suitable is available, then don't sign for the sake of signing. We'll be stuck with horseshit for years like this if we do. Just make due with Morata and Bats and the occasional false 9.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup its sometimes foregoing Waitrose eggs for value ones etc. I actually think Carroll coming on to bruise a defence in the 75th minute isn't such a bad thing-   if the board seem insistent on penny pinching.

Citeh arab billionaires we aint -apparently

which other top european club's plan B would be long balls to carooll though? thats the problem, its a nice idea for the likes of watford or  maybe southampton

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...