Andy Carroll

Unionjack

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

David Moyes insists Chelsea have not approached West Ham over Andy Carroll transfer

The West Ham boss' comments came after his side's 1-0 victory over Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/david-moyes-andy-carroll-west-ham-chelsea-transfers-premier-league-transfer-window-a8163111.html

Good news but he also said “They’ve not made contact with me, so if they’ve made contact with someone else I don’t know about it.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

and it is a very important difference

The year before we invested better and won the league while they scrapped 4th by the skin of their teeth. If we have a better window this summer does that suddenly make us the more ambitious of the two again?

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And isn't Ox in a similar boat to Barkley? Ala young player who stagnanted under poor management. As for Keita, he's another one covered in the Coutinho cash, for Salah we can say Rudi. Liverpool are doing things exactly like we are, if not tighter, the only difference is that they have invested better (this season).

Come on Tomo. Liverpool are definitely showing more ambition than us. Barkley and Ox draw some similarities, but they’re both good transfers. Keita is a top player and as good as Rüdiger has been, Salah has been on another level or two. The point is, do you really think the board are capable of reinvesting the money as well as LFC are right now? When we’re targetting dross like Carroll, have signed average players like Zappacosta or Drinkwater or even Bakayoko who has a lot to prove? This is the problem. The club’s been signing dross for ages now. What the hell is going on? 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The year before we invested better and won the league while they scrapped 4th by the skin of their teeth. If we have a better window this summer does that suddenly make us the more ambitious of the two again?

Depends on the reason we dont seem to be NOW.

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Come on Tomo. Liverpool are definitely showing more ambition than us. Barkley and Ox draw some similarities, but they’re both good transfers. Keita is a top player and as good as Rüdiger has been, Salah has been on another level or two.  

Ofcourse Salah's been better, but in the summer both were considered similar profile, which just brings me back to the point of they are investing better.

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

The point is, do you really think the board are capable of reinvesting the money as well as LFC are right now? When we’re targetting dross like Carroll, have signed average players like Zappacosta or Drinkwater or even Bakayoko who has a lot to prove? This is the problem. The club’s been signing dross for ages now. What the hell is going on? 

No, but the point is the moneys there but we are not investing it properly.

2 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Your arguments are always based on ifs and the past. This is why I once said that you are like TY from Arsenalfantv.

Thats funny because you made an argument against Tuchell based on  "the past" aswell, not double standards atall. And like i how  replied to your patronizing/condesending dig at the time, if im sounding like Ty on here, it says more about the state of this place than it does me.

You are trying too hard Tomo to defend the indefensible board. The facts are we need a striker and we are after Andy Carroll. We needed a right back and we signed Zappa. We needed a left back we did not sign anyone. Also even if have made some good signings, it has been too long since we signed any top top player that other elite clubs are after too.

11 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You are trying too hard Tomo to defend the indefensible board. The facts are we need a striker and we are after Andy Carroll. We needed a right back and we signed Zappa. We needed a left back we did not sign anyone. Also even if had make some good signings, it has been too long since we signed any top top player that other elite clubs are after too.

I have just said they aren't investing properly, so you seem to have some strange notiion of what "defending" actually means or was it just another attempt to be a patronizing git?

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I have just said they aren't investing properly, so you seem to have some strange notiion of what "defending" actually means. 

One board buys Salah, Naby Keita, Oxlade, VVD the other is after Carroll when they desperately need an attacking player, yet you say they are both equally ambitious.

Not just this thread you seem to be always on boards side acting like their spokesperson here.

16 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

One board buys Salah, Naby Keita, Oxlade, VVD the other is after Carroll when they desperately need an attacking player, yet you say they are both equally ambitious.

Not just this thread you seem to me be always on boards side acting like their spokesperson here.

Not atall i just don't like spoilt people who's idea on how clubs should be run are likely based on fifa career mode and patronize anyone who disagrees with you.

The fact is in the summer, around £200m was spent, yes most of that was covered in player sales over gross spend but with good scouting and recruitment it was more than enough to improve the squad(especially as we only lost one vital player and even he was crap for half last season). The problem is who the money is going on which suggests we need to change whatever system we use to decide on transfers.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The problem is who the money is going on which suggests we need to change whatever system we use to decide on transfers.

TOTALLY!!!!

I say we get a new transfer team.

This isn't the 1st time we have been crap in the window and doubt very much it will be our last, Unless e revamp Roman on down to manager!

I HOPED that it was Emenalo that was utter shite but maybehe was only part of it.

With this new chap stepping into his shoes (temporarily) its plain hes keeping wedged up Romans arse.

OK Yes we spebt some money in the summer but its plain to see that the head scout (the temp sporting Director) didnt do his job properly.

All this back n forth,guessing and shit is purely guesswork on all our behalfs, We got no soddin idea WTF goes on behind closed doors.

All we can do is put our opinions across about what players we want,hate etc.

Ive never played  a computer game in my life but I am a bit of a player snob. I DO WANT big name players but realize we just aint that nagnetic. But with the buying of Costa,Cescy,Kante we do know if we get in uick that its possible to get shit hot players while still under £35mill!! We just gotta get our targets nuch much sooner and get in quick.

But we should still dig deep if we need a certain player badly.

How I see it anyway.

1b35c0dc03b88e3bf55390a73dcf9328.gif

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not atall i just don't like spoilt people like you  who's idea on how clubs should be run are likely based on fifa career mode and patronize anyone who disagrees with you.

You call me a git and spoilt yet I am the one that is patronizing right lol

I dont own ps, xbox or any computer games btw. Again you made assumptions.

I'll stop here. I guess the fans are already annoyed and depressed enough. You can keep on calling me names though. I dont mind :)

Just now, 11Drogba said:

You call me a git and spoilt yet I am the one that is patronizing right lol

I dont own ps, xbox or any computer games btw. Again you made assumptions.

I'll stop here. I guess the fans are already annoyed and depressed enough. You can keep on calling me names though. I dont mind :)

For months you have been patronizing me and other members (Jason, Styles, Ohforagreavsie and Peace to name a few) solely on the basis of us having different opinions to you. I tried not to call you out because i don't like turning on fellow supporters but your behavior towards me here was one step too far.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think I've figured out our boards plan: an all English spine at Chelsea. They'll sell Courtois this summer and bring in Butland to go along with Cahill, Barkley, Drinkwater, and Andy Carroll right through the middle of our XI. Geniuses.

😂

Butland?  You wish :D

If we're going to use Andy Carroll as a bench mark, then we're looking somewhere between:  Robert Green -> Ben Foster -> Joe Hart.

Somewhere in that spectrum

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

TOTALLY!!!!

I say we get a new transfer team.

This isn't the 1st time we have been crap in the window and doubt very much it will be our last, Unless e revamp Roman on down to manager!

I HOPED that it was Emenalo that was utter shite but maybehe was only part of it.

With this new chap stepping into his shoes (temporarily) its plain hes keeping wedged up Romans arse.

OK Yes we spebt some money in the summer but its plain to see that the head scout (the temp sporting Director) didnt do his job properly.

All this back n forth,guessing and shit is purely guesswork on all our behalfs, We got no soddin idea WTF goes on behind closed doors.

All we can do is put our opinions across about what players we want,hate etc.

Ive never played  a computer game in my life but I am a bit of a player snob. I DO WANT big name players but realize we just aint that nagnetic. But with the buying of Costa,Cescy,Kante we do know if we get in uick that its possible to get shit hot players while still under £35mill!! We just gotta get our targets nuch much sooner and get in quick.

But we should still dig deep if we need a certain player badly.

How I see it anyway.

1b35c0dc03b88e3bf55390a73dcf9328.gif

Where the hell have the scouts who found Azpi, KDB and Courtois for peanuts gone? Even factoring inflation since then they would have had a field day with a £200m budget.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You