Drogba pledges future to Chelsea

Milan

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has categorically stated his intention is to stay at Chelsea for at least two years, until his contract expires in 2010.

"I have put on a few kilos [over the summer], I am beginning to lose them gently," he began.

"My knee? I'm ready to go.

"I was not in the pre-season tournament with the team and it is frustrating to stay at the training centre and work alone, but it is for a good cause.

"I know what I am doing today will allow me to be better tomorrow.

"I have always said, I am always with Chelsea. It is a great team with great players and a great coach, and a president who has ambition.

"I do not want talk about it. I am with Chelsea. Everything goes well there.

"I still have two years left on my contract. If my employers do not want me to leave, I will be a Chelsea player. Today, they made me understand they want to see me playing again for the team."

Goal.com

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's only here cause noone else wanted him. He needs to stop talking its doing him no favours and just go out on the pitch

Nail on the head there. If either Milan or Inter (he wouldnt have cared which) had stumped up the money, his arse wouldve been out of Stamford Bridge so fast his feet wouldnt have hit the floor. So whilst I acknowledge he's a Chelsea player, I also accept he's a complete tosser - that's life.

Nail on the head there. If either Milan or Inter (he wouldnt have cared which) had stumped up the money, his arse wouldve been out of Stamford Bridge so fast his feet wouldnt have hit the floor. So whilst I acknowledge he's a Chelsea player, I also accept he's a complete tosser - that's life.

Your a compete tosser ! :mad:

Steady there BB, everyone has their views mate. Drogs is a brilliant tosser there hows that? He really does need to keep the old gob shut and use the magic in his boots instead. Drogba with Nic just behind him will be an potentially leathal combo if the two ego's arn't too big.

Drogba is quite clearly a mercenary, but in today's football world, it doesn't work to get annoyed about it. Just be glad we have him instead of someone else, as long as he keeps doing the business.

Guest Lampards Bitch

I think getting behind Drogs and supporting him is what he needs. He is a fantastic player. We lose him and we lose 20+ goals a season. And 99% of those goals are match winning goals. They guy knows what he is capable of and he damn sure knows that he is valuable to us. Jose was the only guy to love him, put an arm around him and appreciate him even through the rough times of all his own 'supporters' booing him and telling him he is the best striker in the world and getting his belief back in him self he got the best out of him. So I totally understand his greif at Jose leaving and then him automatically wanting to go with him. Frank is exactly the same TBH but no one has critised him calling him a tosser because he may want to go with Jose, but then he comes out saying he wants to stay at Chelsea. They both owe us as fans little because they have given us fans the some of the best successful years at Chelsea.

IF Drogs stays , he stays and its fantastic . And he is one of the best strikers in the world.

Guest Lampards Bitch
He's only here cause noone else wanted him. He needs to stop talking its doing him no favours and just go out on the pitch

Of course other teams wanted him. As if we would let a player of Drogs quality go............and if we were we are talking a record breaking transfer fee.