Ricardo Carvalho

the wes

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is prepared to sanction Ricardo Carvalho's transfer to Inter as he prepares to shake up his defence, according to the Daily Star

Mind you the story is being reported on Goal.com (& backed up by TribalFootball) but it seems inevitable doesn't it? The defender would leave us after a good 6 year stint, in which him and Terry became one of the most feared defensive partnerships in the world. Unfortunately, persistent injuries have meant Carvalho's appearances in latest seasons had been very limited.

Read the story here and here

Edited by LDN Blue

If we are going to Sell Ricky Why don´t we ask how mucho they want for Sneijder... He is the only Playmaker enough Good to maybe fill Lampard Boths he will be and Excelente parthner with Lampard...

Just imagen....

____________CECH__________

Ibanovic___Alex___Terry:___ Cole

_________ESSIEN___________

____Sneijder_______Malouda___

__________Lampard__________

______Drogba_____Torres_____

DT: ANCHELOTTI

Owner: Roman

HOLY CAW!!! SCARE YET!!! JUA JUA JUA JUA......

Or Maybe we are looking for Kaka insted of Sneijder...

___Lampard______Malouda___

__________KAKA__________

If we are going to Sell Ricky Why don´t we ask how mucho they want for Sneijder... He is the only Playmaker enough Good to maybe fill Lampard Boths he will be and Excelente parthner with Lampard...

Just imagen....

____Sneijder_______Malouda___

__________Lampard__________

DT: ANCHELOTTI

Owner: Roman

HOLY CAW!!! SCARE YET!!! JUA JUA JUA JUA......

Or Maybe we are looking for Kaka insted of Sneijder...

___Lampard______Malouda___

__________KAKA__________

Are you guys nuts?????

One name beats both of those

One player we already have

It's not a hard guess either

TX loves the guy with a passion

Constantly bangs on about him!

I'm of course talking about

YOSSI BENAYOUN!

Chelsea efender Ricardo Carvalho has been spotted in Milan, sparking talk of an imminent switch to Inter.

Carvalho, 32, has enjoyed a trophy-laden six year spell at Stamford Bridge but could now be set for the exit door. Manager Carlo Ancelotti is rumoured to want to pair John Terry with Alex in central defence next term and this has ignited Champions League holders' interest in the Portuguese stalwart.

According to Corriere della Sera, the ex-Porto stopper is seeking a new challenge and could yet become head coach Rafael Benitez's first signing. Despite on-going fitness problems, Carvalho is still considered one of the finest centre backs in Europe and would come in as a replacement for veteran Marco Materazzi.

Source

will be for the best..but a sad day nonetheless..kinda like taking your terminally ill dog to be put asleep for the last time..you know its gotta be done but it`s with a heavy heart..

.Riccy really is a CFC legend..apart from JT, the most decorated defender in our history and not just a passenger in our success but a good part of it..i`d actually say in my lifetime if you took away JT`s leadership he`s been arguably the best CB i`ve seen in my lifetime as a CFC fan (30 of my 34 years) but alas..the time is right to say farewell for now i feel..look forward to seeing him at the bridge someday after he hangs up his boots...think he will still have a few more good years in Italy if he can stay healthy...thought he was Chelsea`s best player at this World cup...hope Alex and Bran can keep Rooney in their pockets the way Riccy has over the years.

Would be absolutely no surprise to see Ricky leave, infact it would be a logical move for the progression at the club, allows space for the younger defenders to try and break through.

Wish that was the case Esk.. Look:

bruno_alves2_1676470c.jpg Chelsea-bound? Portugal defender Bruno Alves is being targeted by Chelsea as a replacement for Ricardo Carvalho Photo: Ricardo-Carvalho_1676469c.jpg On the move: Ricardo Carvalho is expected to leave Chelsea who want Bruno Alves Photo: AP Carvalho arrived in Milan on Friday night amid confusion as to whether he was in talks with both Serie A clubs, but it is understood he is likely to join European champions Inter. Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti blocked Carvalho’s departure to Inter last summer, partly because they did not offer a fee for the 32 year-old.

Chelsea have long admired Alves, however, who declared two days ago he wanted to leave Porto. Alves, 28, has two years left on his contract and Porto had hoped to secure a fee of £15 million for him, but such is his desire to leave that they may now have to settle for less.

Source

i think the Alves thing is just a recycled old story really....the media in general don`t seem to be aware of how good our youngsters are or the depth we already have at the position and see us letting Carvalho go as us letting go our 1st choice( alongside JT ) CB instead of in reality these days our 3rd or 4th choice with Bruma also on the rise. so have just pulled a name from the past that we were once linked with ,but times have changed..Bruma and Branislav`s stock has risen greatly since those days.

wouldn`t entirely rule Alves out but i think it`s unlikely as it would depend on a lot of factors..Bran staying at RB and/or Bruma going out on loan etc...just don`t see it personally.

"Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho is reportedly in Italy for final talks over a move to Inter."

This story seems to be picking up a lot of heat lately, especially the part about signing Bruno Alves.

There were also reports he was speaking to rivals Milan, but it seems that he’ll come down on the blue and black side of San Siro.

|| Story ||

• 2 weeks later...

0944 BST: Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho says it would be "a dream" to join former boss Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid. "If there was a possibility to sign with Real Madrid, I would go there right now swimming or running," he said in an interview published Saturday in Spanish sports newspaper AS. (Agence France-Presse)

Well if he really said that then he's definitely leaving us I think!