Ricardo Carvalho

the wes

Would be very sad to see Riccy go but we have to be realistic and look towards the future, Alex has been brilliant over the past two seasons and neither he nor Riccy would be happy sitting on the bench, then Ivanovic will be unhappy too and we would possibly lose Mancienne too. We want to keep hold of our future and thats why we should let Riccy go. Alex becomes first choice and Ivanovic behind him with Mancienne in there too all getting games and staying happy.

What do you guys think about swapping Carvalho and may Deco in a deal for Pato? Everyone knows AC Milan's defense could use some help especially in central defense and Nesta partnering with Carvalho would be brilliant and Carvalho given his age at just 31 would give him about 4-7 years to play for Italy.

I'm not as certain about offering Deco to AC Milan as I'm not sure they need another midfielder with Dinho, Pirlo, Flamini, Seedorf, and Ambrosini, but if they value him that could be another fee reduction for us. Why should we sell them to Inter when Inter has nothing to offer us.

Selling Carvalho to AC Milan in exchange for a fee reduction on Pato would be mutually beneficial and give Milan some much needed depth at the back.

I wouldent be too sad to see that swap go through. I certainly dont think Deco will really feature in our plans for next season majorly, and as much as i love Riccy, his time has kinda been and gone. I cant see him having another great season for Chelsea

http://www.tribalfootball.com/category/clubs/Chelsea

Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho admits it is not certain he will move to Inter Milan as he considers whether to remain at Stamford Bridge.

The Italian club's president Massimo Moratti said manager and former Stamford Bridge boss Jose Mourinho has instructed him to sign Carvalho and Deco.

"Inter have expressed their interest," Carvalho told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"But the two clubs have to reach an agreement so there's a lot of work left to do and then they need to speak to me because I have a contract with Chelsea."

Carvalho also said he is yet to speak to Mourinho about a potential move.

"I have not spoken to Mourinho in a long time and I have neither spoken to our new (Chelsea) manager (Carlo Ancelotti)," he said.

"Next week I will meet the club and discuss my future.

"This year it hasn't gone well at Chelsea because I was injured," he said.

"But prior to that, I had enjoyed four fantastic seasons and you don't forget that.

"(Deco's) situation and mine are very different.

"I have been at Chelsea for five years while he has only been there one. I am not sure if he wants to change.

"With regards to me, my last year here was one to forget about but I could also remain.

"But if Chelsea wants to sell me that's fine by me."

If he's not too bothered about staying, I'd let him go whilst we can still get a bit of money for him. If we wait around for too long, his value will go down, and not as many clubs will want to buy him. I'm sure we could bring in a replacement for him.

With regards to Deco; I really do hope he goes.

Looks like Carvalho is definately on his way out now...

With his age and with his injury problems and with Mancienne ready to come through it would not hurt us. Alex had a fantastic season, Ivanovic has also looked class when played so we are more than capable of coping with Carvalho's absense.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/category/clubs/inter-milan

Inter Milan defender Nicolas Burdisso is expected to move to Chelsea.

Sportmediaset says Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has given the green light for Portuguese pair Ricardo Carvalho and Deco to move to Inter.

The deal will be for £4 million cash plus young Argentina international Burdisso.