Ricardo Carvalho

the wes

it would be nice to keep him, but he isn't getting any younger. I reckon he will be another one of Ancelotti's let-gos after Joe Cole and Ballack.

It is of course a good thing since we're trying to reduce the average age of the club.

count him and we lost 6 vital players so farmellow.gif

6 vital players?

Joe Cole - Not vital (won double without him)

Stoch - Not vital, but was one for the future

Ballack - Not vital, he gave us a good few years, but we don't need him anymore. a sensible sale

Belletti - Not vital, we didn't need him. He was a bench warmer, we don't want to pay a bench warmer?

Carvalho - Not vital, has become quite injury prone. Alex is as good, if not better now, and we have replacements.

Who's the other 1?

6 vital players?

Joe Cole - Not vital (won double without him)

Stoch - Not vital, but was one for the future

Ballack - Not vital, he gave us a good few years, but we don't need him anymore. a sensible sale

Belletti - Not vital, we didn't need him. He was a bench warmer, we don't want to pay a bench warmer?

Carvalho - Not vital, has become quite injury prone. Alex is as good, if not better now, and we have replacements.

Who's the other 1?

Seriously mate, sort it out! Call yourself a Chelsea fan it's obviously Nana Ofori-Twumasi! :rolleyes:

I'd argue that Ballack was somehow vital,I still remember how the team collapsed after he was substituted in the 2nd Inter game.

Moreover I'd argue that after this WC Riccy has showed us that he still has it,let's not forget that he was one of the best defenders in Europe and even a worse Carvalho is head and shoulders above most CBs in the league.He actually can run unlike our other 3 Central Backs and if he manages to avoid a few injuries he can be of great use to us.

Just raising some points ^

We need to keep Carvalho in my opinion, just for one more season. I honestly don't think Bruma isn't ready yet to be playing 20 PL games a season. If Alex or Terry is injured, and Ivanovic is still covering for the injured Bosingwa, we need Carvalho to step in. Put it this way, I wouldn't want Bruma to be marking van Persie in a Chelsea-Arsenal derby for a short while. I have every faith in him but we have to be realistic with his progress.

We need to keep Carvalho in my opinion, just for one more season. I honestly don't think Bruma isn't ready yet to be playing 20 PL games a season. If Alex or Terry is injured, and Ivanovic is still covering for the injured Bosingwa, we need Carvalho to step in. Put it this way, I wouldn't want Bruma to be marking van Persie in a Chelsea-Arsenal derby for a short while. I have every faith in him but we have to be realistic with his progress.

Because Carvalho has been so reliable with his fitness? Just look at the amount of games he's played for us in the last two seasons (or lack of them). Sell.

Mancienne was superb against Arsenal for Wolves.

I think that Bruma needs to play some games this seson in order for him to get a good percentage of progress this season, and i think that Carvalho is too old and is too injury prone to keep a regular place in the starting eleven, and with the formidable defence partnership of Alex/Terry i can't really see him getting that many minutes, and with the possibilty of Mancienne, Bruma, Hutchinson, Ivanovich & Essien to play in the center back role if Alex or Terry is injured then i am sure they could play the role for that amount of time that is required and to a standard that could win us games.

I don't agree with Blue. Ivan won't be playing RB imo or will constantly be competing with the Bos and will fill in CB when needed. Carv isn't dead weight by any means but for the last 2 seasons I thought he was on his way, he's one of the few players we would get money for. We'll just have to see what happens eh

I don't agree with Blue. Ivan won't be playing RB imo or will constantly be competing with the Bos and will fill in CB when needed. Carv isn't dead weight by any means but for the last 2 seasons I thought he was on his way, he's one of the few players we would get money for. We'll just have to see what happens eh

No-one knows when Bosingwa will be back, though.