Chelsea 2-3 Bayern Munich

Jase

What we learned today 1.David Luiz completes our back 3.   2. against combative mobile midfield Fabregas can only play in a midfield 3 not a 2.   3. we need a few more midfield options  4. we can still dig deep and this is without our talisman Hazard

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to be so negative in preseason but man was Alonso awful today. Poor in the first half and roasted about 3 times by Kingsley Coman in the second half.

Like I said earlier, clear to spot the weaknesses in our team. Wing backs, CM, and Cahill.

Edit: It's crystal clear that we must play Cesc in a midfield 3 only if he plays against good teams. He cannot cut it in a midfield in these sorts of games. His lack of mobility also effects Kante and makes him play poorly.

This match was worth a lot in terms of preparation.

We started bad but after 3-0 the players worked hard for the draw.

Not many chances for morata Bayern was making him and Moses agressivly, that other gotze guy was not afraid to hit our players legs, almost injured alonso

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hate to be so negative in preseason but man was Alonso awful today. Poor in the first half and roasted about 3 times by Kingsley Coman in the second half.

Like I said earlier, clear to spot the weaknesses in our team. Wing backs, CM, and Cahill.

Upgrade on wing back is the most urgent. People are complaining that City spend 100m on fb but we also need at least one really good one and they are not going to be cheap 

Match highlighted our need for two upgrades in wing back positions and afew other positions , Christensen+Boga look comfortable in 1st team . Pitch looked horrible No injuries!

OK. I hope the reactions won't be hysterical. We all said many times that we would struggle against a good team but there were some additional factors today.

Bayern were not a full strength but the group they put out is still a better line up than ours.

The difference between this Bayern XI and ours is not as wide as it looked at times.

It looked worse than it might have been because we had the wrong personnel and a number of players did not perform well.

Cesc would not normally expect a start against Bayern but if he does get one, he will normally produce a better display than he managed today. He was dreadful.

I'm not talking about Cesc's play out of possession. That was merely as bad as expected and is why he would not normally have started a game like this. The problem was his play with the ball. It was indecisive, ponderous and inaccurate. Cesc was brilliant for us last season and he will be again in the coming one. Not today though.

Bats was very poor, bordering on hopeless.

Jed flattered to deceive once again.

The quality of Ribbery, the ability to make a positive contribution on the ball even under pressure showed us something we are missing. We all already knew it was missing though so no new reasons for panic today.

Bright point 1, Morata showed what he can do to help us by stitching our attacks together more effectively.

Bright point 2. The club clearly already has a plan to bolster the squad and it's July 25th.

This seems like the sort of team that we struggle against the most. Teams that play highly technical, quick passing style. They pop the ball around and bypass our midfield easily. 

5 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

David Luiz should be our captain and Cahill should be happy to be on the bench. We need a RWB,LWB,CM and another ST.

That is a overreaction. I think yang upgrade on our wb either side is fine. 

Btw Ribery is 34 and he was arguably the most dangerous player on bayern team today. 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

That is a overreaction. I think yang upgrade on our wb either side is fine. 

Btw Ribery is 34 and he was arguably the most dangerous player on bayern team today. 

Let's no forget no hazard no baka no David Luiz for first 3goals no pedro no ruidigar no morata for first 64 mins

I said that IMO Michy and Morata could play together, but not in the blue moon I thought Michy would be main, and Morata second striker. Make Morata main striker, let him gain confidence, he is for sure more of a target man and "number 9" than Michy who is shorter and very agile.

Expecting him to start next game as a main striker, at least getting one half.

57 minutes ago, Barbara said:

nin
Half of the starting team isn't what it'll be: Christensen, Fabregas, Willian, Boga, Michy, that's literally half of the field players... So if you lose half your team for injuries and suspensions, you're screwed like most teams would.
Everybody knows and spoke about us needing upgrades to Alonso and Moses... But I hope we don't ever have to play competition matches without the whole attack, and missing two other titulars...

Like I said before yes we lost some of our 1st eleven but bayern did as well (alaba,robben,thiago,boateng,Neuer)

All in all, I thought that was a really good friendly game for us. It was a competitive game not just a simple friendly. Our players improve their fitness level and Bayern show some weaknesses on our defense which should be Conte main priority.

Offensively, we should be much better once Hazard is back. Our reliance on Hazard worries me a bit.

I wish Morata got more playing time. In 30 minutes He did not do anything that is worth mentioning

4 minutes ago, El P. said:

I said that IMO Michy and Morata could play together, but not in the blue moon I thought Michy would be main, and Morata second striker. Make Morata main striker, let him gain confidence, he is for sure more of a target man and "number 9" than Michy who is shorter and very agile.

Expecting him to start next game as a main striker, at least getting one half.

It actually make sense for Morata to go wider. He played on the wing a couple times for Juve, but from today's performance not sure I want him there