• Chalobah
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Batshuayi
    • Costa (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

8 minutes ago, Styles said:

Gutted to lose but not particularly fussed. One game a week is enough for this squad until January reinforcements.

I didn't watch the game. How did Chalobah get on?

Best player along with Kante

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things I've learned after this match:

1) New words must be invented to describe Oscar. Terrible football player, should never again kick a ball for this club.

2) Willian's decision making in the final 3rd is shocking. Conte must continue to keep him on the bench from now on. As a matter of fact, the ideal starting line-up is definitely the one that he used against United at the week-end.

3) Unfortunately Terry is not fit for this tactics. This system is all about proactive defenders - Terry's legs are long gone.

In other words a decent football match, but that's about it. Thankfully it was only a league cup game and frankly it felt that way even though it was a London derby. 

I hate to lose a derby, but they wanted it more, let's move on and focus on the league m. The one thing I took from this match is that JT doesn't fit in this system unfortunately. Leadership aside, he lacks pace, and seemed like liability. This 3-4-3 system requires players with pace, and if you lack that you'll slow the whole team, that's why Conte got rid of Cesc. I think he'll stick with Cahill( or Zouma when fit) -Luiz-Azpi. It's sad but this might be JT's last season 

I don't care about this cup much, rather focus on finishing top4 and trying to go as far as possible in FA Cup :)

But nevertheless some things were revealed:

1.) Pedro is probably better choice than Willian for RW position. Much better decision making in final third.

2.) Terry is too slow for this system, he should be benched.

3.) Moses and Alonso are crucial.

4.) Kante can become fantasy material :D:P

5.) Oscar is pathetic.

If Conte wins Sunday all is forgiven.

However, never ever start Willian as RW again if we need to win. For now, Pedro it is. 

I read that Juventus want Oscar? No brainer. His time is UP. 

Chalobah and Aina just need a bit of improvement but I have huge confidence in those two. However, still prefer Matic and Alonso and Moses as wingback. This match also proved that Alonso and Moses have become crucial for us. 

JT is done. Feels so bad to say it as I love that man and God bless him but this is his final season and he doesn't fit in this 3 man defence system. 

On to Sunday. Southampton away it is. Difficult match but we desperately need to win and get the three points to stay up! COYB! 

im not going to make a big fuss out of this result, i wont lie, i hate that we lost, but it was one of those days, maybe too many changes afected the team's groove, nonetheless it was nice seeing some youngsters and unused players play even if the team should have done much better today, this will serve as a wake up call to everyone that there is still a lot of work to be done and a long way to go. West Ham are having their 15 min of fame right now, but expect them to crash down to earth  soon, dont be surprised if they crash out in the next round of EFL Cup and lose in the league. The main focus for us is to finish in the top 3, dont even talk about the title now, now focus and prepare for the trip to Southampton, play the team that has been getting results, no more experiments and try to go as far as possible in the FA Cup, because todays loss is a chance of a trophy already gone this season. Cheers

4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Three things I've learned after this match:

1) New words must be invented to describe Oscar. Terrible football player, should never again kick a ball for this club.

2) Willian's decision making in the final 3rd is shocking. Conte must continue to keep him on the bench from now on. As a matter of fact, the ideal starting line-up is definitely the one that he used against United at the week-end.

3) Unfortunately Terry is not fit for this tactics. This system is all about proactive defenders - Terry's legs are long gone.

In other words a decent football match, but that's about it. Thankfully it was only a league cup game and frankly it felt that way even though it was a London derby. 

I missed the match, but I'll agree with you here on every point.

It's time to get rid of players and buy more.

Getting knocked out of this competition is better for Chelsea's chances in the league anyway.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Sigh. Disappointing result. It was West Ham and wanted us to beat them and go all the way in the competition. Could and should have played the strongest team possible, especially when we aren't playing in Europe this season. On the other hand, can understand why Conte made so many changes and gave other players some game time - maybe he made one change too many! - but that led to a disjointed performance and arguably only Chalobah did well.

Can't believe I'm saying this but there's a bit of gap in quality going from Alonso and Moses to Aina and Azpi as WBs. Threat almost non-existent in the wide areas. A back of 3 of Cahill-Terry-Luiz looks extremely shaky compared to Azpi-Luiz-Cahill. Hoping Conte sticks with the latter for the upcoming matches, given it's been working well for us before today. And I guess after scoring 9 goals in our last 3 games, our profligacy has returned. It was a disjointed performance but we certainly created enough chances to win the game. Just no cutting edge. Now the pressure is back on and we have to win at Southampton!

But the only way you can know whether your 2nd tier player is good enough is to play them in this kind of game.

Not realy dissapointed with loss, we experimented and still made decent performance. 

Nate did very well, Aina was on and off, Bats and Oscar were completely invisible tho. Azpi should never play on RWB again, he is not fast enough to return in defence and doesnt offer enough in attack for that role.

Other than that, bit more luck and we would still gone through. Hopefully we dont lose the momentum in the league and return to best vs Soton with first choice 11.

On another note, Oscar has been bellow any decent performance. Physicaly just doesnt cut it and he isnt excellent in other areas that would cover that problem either. Bullied of the ball everytime and that just doesnt cut it in PL for me. I wonder with all this free time, why doesnt he bulk up a bit. He is not a winger or fullback to fear he would lose alot of speed or sth. Having all these professionals in the club would surely make him grow healthy and at same time keep good fitness levels. Because its clear he cant cope with strenght of other players and I have seen many players who got stronger after few seasons, but Oscar is still same he was in 2012. 

Oscar owes me a new tv remote!

There are no more words to describe how frustrating it is to watch him! and what even is he? 

Willians design making is dreadful

Michy is a Belgian Remy!

and sad to say it but JT won't fit this system, he looked lost out there.

Was at the game yesterday (sitting with the west ham fans unfortunately).

Was a shit performance by most of the players, but I was especially disappointed in Batshuayi.  He offered absolutely nothing going forward and the one chance he had he fluffed it. 

Im not even mentioning Oscar because he has gone beyond help.