Chelsea v Man United

Jase

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's results have been nice so far, making a win tomorrow a perfect ending to the weekend.

All three points tomorrow and we are right in the mix for top four and either three off the top if City wins or one if City draws or loses.

We need a goal early to break up the 11 behind the ball Jose strategy. Or are we better to slug it out and hope for late winner? With our Backline, keeping the negative minded might be a plus.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Man, imagine what a huge psychological boost a win would be. Not just for the players either. Conte getting a win against a huge opponent after those beatings we took at the hands of Liverpool and Arsenal.it would feel like vanquishing a demon and proving to ourselves that we can compete at the top.

My biggest areas of concern are Matic and the wing backs Moses and Alonso. Matic has been very solid in the last few matches but will have some very athletic and highly mobile midfielders to deal with in Pogba and Herrera. Those are they types he normally struggles with.

Then I'm nervous about how Moses and Alonso deal with a master tactician like Mou who is an expert at exploiting potential weakness. Luckily, I think I read Martial is out injured so we won't have his pace and trickery to deal with. 

If you offered me a draw right now I'd definitely take it.

Conte said: “John is a very important player. He is our captain. He has stayed at the club for many, many years. For me he is a great help. He is still an important player for us if he doesn’t start the match.

“On the pitch, in the changing room – when you are captain, you have a lot of commitment. No only on the pitch, but also outside. Usually, the captain always helps the coach.
“I was captain at Juventus and I did this for five years. I know this type of role.”
Terry has been in full training all week after an ankle injury.
When Conte arrived last summer there were suggestions that the
new Italian manager might prefer to see a long-standing, senior figure like JT move on. That theory has been disproved by events and Terry’s importance continues.
In the past, the star has suggested that he is uncomfortable playing in the back-three system preferred by Conte.
But the Italian made it clear he is confident Terry can play in that formation.
“Yes, I think he can play in that,” said Conte. “We were working with David Luiz and Cesar Azpilicueta. I am having a good response on this aspect.”
And he clearly feels that Terry has a powerful but positive influence on his squad.
He recalled the scenario when he was in the same situation and explained: “When I was captain, sometimes it happened that I didn’t play. Not sometimes – often!
"But I always helped the team and the coach and created the right atmosphere. And I repeat: John is a good player. When I call on him to play, my expectations are always very high.”

I don't know if Conte is giving hints that Terry might not start. 

Cannot stress out enough that this is a must win of you want to make a statement to the other opponents that we are back. 

Also, if Conte wants to have his own immortality among the fans like Di Matteo has for winning the UCL and Ancelotti has (Mourinho is also still loved by many Blues fans) this might just be the match for him to prove it. Show us and the football world that you truly are the chosen one to get us back on top like you did with Juventus. 

1 great thing this man has done, and I mean this, is give balding men hope. I have great long girly hair, but I have signs & fear of going bald early. His hair transplant shows that if you don't know it's a transplant job, you aint gonna find out no matter how long you look (unless you go somewhere cheap and the stitching is clear on your forehead like a bad Kane mask.*) 

He's a symbol. All Jose stood for was razors. 

eG41NzQzMTI=_o_masked-kane-attacks-john-

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

If you offered me a draw right now I'd definitely take it.

I wouldn't. I think there's a good chance we'll be celebrating a win tonight. In Conte we trust.

Chelsea team today: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard. #CFC

Chelsea substitutes v Man United: Begovic, Aina, Terry, Chalobah, Oscar, Willian, Batshuayi. #CFC