Chelsea v Man United

Jase

10 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

you´ve read my mind, expect just that to happen, wasn´t impressed at all with United against Liverpool, they have De Gea to thank for the point at Anfield, we can´t give Mou that satisfaction and smug on his face when he comes here, he better than anyone knows this club inside and out, thats why we cant be letargic, need to take our farking chances when possible because there wont be many in this game, we can´t overcommit players in attack, because that´s what Mourinho thrives on, they will be patient and try to frustrate us, they will defend in numbers if needed, we can´t fall in to their trap, they can definetely kill us on the counter with ease, Valencia, Rashford, Martial, Pogba, all have pace to burn, so just stick with our game plan like against Leicester and we will be fine, try to keep spaces closed for Valencia and co. and deal with the aerial threat of Ibra and Fellaini on open play and specially on set pieces. Costa, Hazard, Moses, William, Kante, Matic and the defence need to have their A game on if we are to have any chance, we need to control the midfield, dont give Pogba, Herrera, Mata space, i have a feeling Mata will play because Mou knows the connection we have with him, and for his dead ball ability, he will try to play all kinds of mind games, Conte cant fall for it, just do our job, we cant let them breathe, we need to press them often, no more room for mistakes. Cheers

@@Essien19

United pressed higher up the pitch against Scouse which resulted in -apart from two individual contributions them not knowing what to do for most parts of the game. Mourinho did what neither Conte nor Wenger could do: get a point against Pool. So defence was good, midfield okay, but their attacking department hasn't been good enough. Mourinho already mentioned that one. Talent wise, United still have two gems, maybe Mkhitaryan can make it, Martial with his knee injury, don't know. I can see Mata coming back, too.

If United loses again, they will be 8 points off the first spot, which means that their title hopes would be already in tatters. For a man who said that they will try to win the title, it's very bad news when it's coming in october.

Pogba makes this United side a better team, he's not playing like the most expensive player in the world, but he creates chances, was responsible for the chance you'd expect Ibrahimovic to nick. But i'm looking forward to seeing Kanté taking on Herrera. The both of them have shown a very high of level of performances and especially this Herrera dude is a nasty piece of work. I wouldn't want to take him on these days.

Let's see if we see another draw or either of the two parties get their revenge.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The big problems is Mourinho knows very well each of our players.
 He knows their strenght but their weakness too, it's a big advantage.

He will give instructions to put each of our players in the worst conditions so they can't play their style of play.

Kante will be probably one of our more important player if we want take the lead in this game. We must win the battle in middelfied.

I'm worried about Matic. His game against Leicester was problably his best, but against big team he seems always be in difficult. I think his shape sunday will be determinant too.

For me Chalobah could be a good solution in a 3 middelfied with Kante and Matic. We can dropp a winger and put Hazard in second striker behind Costa.

I think that we will put in a much better showing than against liverpool + arsenal. ManU doesnt have the ball playing CB's to ruin our press or the tempo to press us into poor mistakes. The key for me is shutting down Herrera, if we can smother him then i think we can have a really great game. im not worried about fellaini starting their attack so much as herrera so hopefully matic/kante can get in his face.

Also i think the players will have something to prove not be intimidated, we are playing at home against the coach that played a part in the worst season for awhile. Conte will have them drilled and focused. Very nervous but Very Very excited for sunday. 

Azpi     Luiz     Cahil

Moses Kante Matic Alonso

Pedro Costa Hazard 

The possession of the ball will belong to us, it will be necessary to concretize our occasion. Remind you of the Champions League Game Inter Milan 1-0 Chelsea at the  Bridge. We underestimated the opponent and we took a stupid goal at the end by Eto'o

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

I think that we will put in a much better showing than against liverpool + arsenal. ManU doesnt have the ball playing CB's to ruin our press or the tempo to press us into poor mistakes. The key for me is shutting down Herrera, if we can smother him then i think we can have a really great game. im not worried about fellaini starting their attack so much as herrera so hopefully matic/kante can get in his face.

Also i think the players will have something to prove not be intimidated, we are playing at home against the coach that played a part in the worst season for awhile. Conte will have them drilled and focused. Very nervous but Very Very excited for sunday. 

Azpi     Luiz     Cahil

Moses Kante Matic Alonso

Pedro Costa Hazard 

To me, we'll play better because of the formation change. Conte prefers to defend solidly and patiently together when the opponent is with the ball, but defending against arsenal and Liverpool with the 4-1-4-1 didn't work, we were leaving gaps to create chances. But now as we've changed to a more familiar system for Conte which he used for Juventus and most recently Italy.

The 3-4-3 will cover more spaces centrally and force Manutd to mostly attack through the wings. And with 3 centerbacks to defend rather than just two we'll be defensively better against crosses with the extra cover. And we'll have one week to get ready for manutd and get used to this formation even better, while manutd will be playing on Thursday. 

37 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

To me, we'll play better because of the formation change. Conte prefers to defend solidly and patiently together when the opponent is with the ball, but defending against arsenal and Liverpool with the 4-1-4-1 didn't work, we were leaving gaps to create chances. But now as we've changed to a more familiar system for Conte which he used for Juventus and most recently Italy.

The 3-4-3 will cover more spaces centrally and force Manutd to mostly attack through the wings. And with 3 centerbacks to defend rather than just two we'll be defensively better against crosses with the extra cover. And we'll have one week to get ready for manutd and get used to this formation even better, while manutd will be playing on Thursday. 

I agree 100% I am excited for the first real test of the 343 I am a big fan of the formation and obviously the team has taken well to it. Lets hope we keep the good play going.

3 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

The possession of the ball will belong to us, it will be necessary to concretize our occasion. Remind you of the Champions League Game Inter Milan 1-0 Chelsea at the  Bridge. We underestimated the opponent and we took a stupid goal at the end by Eto'o

dont even  remind me of that tie, Inter´s players were thugs and got away with murder, penalties not given, etc, but in the end they deserved it and won the Champions League so we can say we lost to the Champions, fair play to them and when they beat Barca in the semis i was so happy, because of what happened with us in the previous season, farking karnts, we did get our revenge in 2012 thats for sure, now i can rest in peace hehe :D but the main reason i hate to play against Mourinho´s teams, is that he somehow finds a way to haunt us, but i really hope its not the case this time, but it wouldnt surprise me at all.